Some Peace And Quiet! (D8, LA. Dragon Rooms)

Togashi Satsuki

Re: Some Peace And Quiet! (D8, LA. Dragon Rooms)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 pm

Satsuki couldn't see the flush on Ko's face, but she felt certain she could hear it, judging by the subtle change in the timbre of her voice. The strangeness around the word.

"A symbol holds meaning, remembered or not," she mused as her breathing became calmer and steadier, even as she became uncertain of questioning Ko further on this. "... I... should I be asking about this? I don't want you to feel obligated to answer?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:17 pm

A pause is the answer at first, the all too common sign of Ko thinking no matter the conversation. Pausing to carefully consider her words before speaking, "I do not know," she says, there is a casting nature to the words as if it was just thought given voice. A sigh she brushes through some of Satsuki's hair gently to find anything hidden to make trouble of the combs path.

"I have not had long to think on it. Though," a pauses, a brush. Satisfied she collects the comb from the side. Bringing one hand underneath Satsuki's hair she uses it to help guide it while bringing the comb through. Soft gentle motions, effort toward care and comfort which required patience from both parties. "There is nothing I would hide from you. You are my friend. I have no reason to hide things from you," she says, the touch of a smile as she words diligently, eyes focused.

"I could.. tell you of the nightmare? As I said I would. I think there is something in its telling you would like to hear."
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:50 pm

"I know you won't hide anything from me, Ko, but... it's also about you being comfortable with sharing, yes?" Satsuki insisted with a smile evident in her tone as she spoke, as she had a special gentleness to her tonation when speaking with Ko alone that conveyed her honesty and care for the woman.

The slow and steady motions of the comb through the hair at least had a calming effect on both. There were few tangles to work out, and they were easily undone by Ko's expert care.

After a bit of silence, with only the sound of the brush slipping through strands of hair, Satsuki spoke again. "But... yes, tell me about your dream. We can talk about Hiroya later, hm?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:53 am

"I am always comfortable sharing with you," she says, a pause to focus on her hair and gather the right words. "I just do not understand my own thoughts on it yet. So, I know not what I would say. That is what I mean to say," she says, the touch of a smile coloring her words with confidence. Hand to guide, another to comb, she focuses toward the top of her head for a while. Extremely gentle the hard comb lightly and delightfully scratches against the scalp.

"So.. my nightmare," she says, her voice starting again with a gentleness to it to match the brushing of Satsuki's hair. "When I was a child I faced a trial. A forest fire which consumed much of the woods where I grew.. four years before I returned to my mothers people. Before I met your mother. I could not breath for the black clouds choked me. Air kept from me. Fire," she pauses her ministrations pre-emptively, feeling the shudder before it came. An unsettled nature in her voice, "It's warmth cooking my skin. I- was trapped. I could not escape and I was afraid. My mentor saved me when I was younger. In my dream the fire threatened to consume me again," she says, shame reaching into her tone. "It was in a field struck by lightning. My mentor was not there. Only the voice which I did not trust. But in that moment I did not need trust, I needed to be saved again."

A pause, a deep inhale as she settles the nerves which built within her from just telling the story. A shakiness to her hands which Satsuki could feel as they rested mid-brush in her hair. Pulling them back not to disturb her with the knowledge of that she lay her hands in her lap for the time. looking down to them for a few seconds. However, she did not wait long. Exhaling in a long and controlled manner she looks back to Satsuki.

"But there is an important truth in this tale I have not yet said," she says, the calm and gentleness of her tone returning. "Do you know what that is Satsuki?"
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:07 am

"Then I will ask again, when you've had more time to consider how you feel. As my father did for my mother," her voice was soft with fondness, not only for Ko, but for her parents, and for Ko finding something new to make her think and reflect on something new in her life.

A small sigh of contentment escaped from Satsuki as she felted the teeth of the wooden comb against her scalp, but she remained otherwise silent yet attentive as Ko told of her dream.

Satsuki felt the shakiness near the end, and when she noticed Ko stopped, she turned around halfway to look at her friend. With some concern for her, she reached out to one of the hands in her lap, offering to hold it in her own.

"... You trusted the voice?" she said, her tone turning questioningly after a moment of thought.
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:34 am

Question shifted to Satsuki's she looks back down to her hands. Looking at the green markings that were done upon them. It helped in a tactile sense, to have something to focus on while her more complicated thoughts swirled. Somewhat despondent, she nods. Then shakes her head.

"It was not trust," she says, her voice more even. Though there was a uncertainty to her tone that was overbearing. A shame, "Desperation," she says meekly. "I.. struggle to think. When there is the threat of flame. I feel as if a scared girl again."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:40 am

Satsuki made a comforting 'shhh'-sound, turning more to fully take Ko's hands in her own. "Don't be ashamed, Ko... it was a dream, and... it wasn't real." Like it hadn't been real for her either.

"... I understand what you mean. Or, well, I'm not afraid of fire, that much you know, but, I know very well how dangerous it can be. How destructive. All the elements can be, but fire is perhaps the most..." Satsuki spoke in a calm tone, trying to assure Ko that she wasn't alone to face her fears. "But fire is also warmth. Nurturing. And that is like you; warm and caring, yes?"
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:48 am

Ko's gaze was so focused on her own hands that she had not the moment before to recognize Satsuki's so near. When they came into view however, it snapped Ko from the brief reverie which occupied her. Hands welcomes she looks up a welles tear which did not fall she smiles briefly and shakes her head. Meeting Satsuki's gaze she gives the younger girl a nod.

"I.. had not brought this up seeking comfort. I thought to comfort you," she says, a brief smile as she glances down. "To assure you that even this entity. For what darkness it held. It knew not to show you as the one who set the flames," she says, a small confidence rising.

"Despite this fear. I have never, will never, fear you because there is nothing to be afraid of. No harm you could cause."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:45 pm

Satsuki's mouth opened to answer but no words came out. She closed it again, as if she was backtracking to give it another go, but as she opened her mouth again there was still nothing... imitating a fish as her brother Taiyo would teasingly call it.

"I..." she began, taking her time, "... thank you, Ko. I was... thinking so much of you, thinking I needed to be there more for you and everyone else." Smiling, she broke into a brief chuckle, and squeezed Ko's hands gently. "Thank you. You always put me before yourself, even when you had scary dreams. I... it's a comfort to know. That I can, in public, think of you and everyone else, but I know that you'll be always thinking of me."
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:57 am

"Always. You are my friend, and I care for you," she says, a touch of a smile. A focus coming through that generally semi-distant tone. With a returned squeeze she parts her hands from Satsuki and places one over the other in her lap. That smile which was just a touch prior grew to a full and warm one.

"Time to enjoy the evening. That the worst is behind us," she raises her hands a little, comb collected into one, "But we must get you ready first. And, have some time."