Some Peace And Quiet! (D8, LA. Dragon Rooms)

Togashi Satsuki

Some Peace And Quiet! (D8, LA. Dragon Rooms)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:26 pm

Returning to their quarters after court, Satsuki kind of dropped herself face first into the pile of cushions she liked to stack up for moments like these.

"I want this day to get a do-over, it's terribe," she bemoaned, tossing over to lie on her back, which made her white and red robes slightly disheveled, but that was hardly anything new with her.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Wu Ko

Re: Some Peace And Quiet! (D8, LA. Dragon Rooms)

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Following in behind Satsuki, Ko stayed to shut the door as Satsuki rushed for the pillows. Sliding of the door, a light knock as it shuts. Turning she smiles briefly as she looks to Satsuki and approaches. Picking up one of the errant pillows from further off on the floor she sits into a knelt position before her, handing over the pillow, "Would it not just happen the same way again?" she ponders, tilting her head.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:07 pm

"Ugh... it probably would," she groaned, calloused fingers rubbing her temples as she felt a headache threatening to come on.

"My cousin married a demonbird. That stupid duel this morning, seemed like the Bat swordsman had coated his blade with jade, and when he cut the being known as Hadananzi, he bled black ichor instead of normal blood - and then he turned into a big demonic bird and flew off faster than an arrow in flight." Ko had probably heard all the talk about it by now, but Satsuki's words confirmed what had happened. "And... well, you saw what happened in court."

Feeling frustrated thinking about it, the palms of her hands pressed against her cheeks so that she almost resembled Buta, drawing in a deep breath and then exhaling slowly. "At least uncle Shiba has a plan to help auntie Doji. Just... need to return home, once we can travel."

Even if she had gotten some sleep last night, Satsuki leaned against Ko by placing her head against the other woman's shoulder. "... I'm exhausted. Didn't sleep well last night either."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:42 pm

With Satsuki's face resembling dear Buta Ko couldn't help but give one her rare chuckles, a warmth to it as she looks to her. Welcoming her in close, and arm resting around her as Satsuki rests her head against her shoulder. A soft brushing of her back in calming circular motions happening absently. There wasn't an immediate answer, just the calm presence and brushing of the back for near half a minute before she spoke, "I did not have such a good night either. Though, with what happened this morning I wonder which was more frightful," she tries to control it, but there's a small shudder at a thought which connects.

Ko's brushing fingers flatten out, a soft pat on the back, "There is much to return home with," she says, craning her neck a little to look to Satsuki directly. A soft smile, "Exhausted is okay. I am glad you are okay. This morning of all mornings.." she glances down briefly, a touch of the shame of not being there surfacing.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Sitting close together, her breathing became calm and steady as she clearly found comfort in the silence and the presence of just one person, compared to so many for the past hours.

"I had a terrible dream... nightmare. I know it was just the evil trying to manipulate me, trying to lure me in by preying on my fears. Doesn't make it any less bad," she mumbled into Ko's shoulder. "In my dream, I saw myself being under control of the moon - at home, and going to Hoshi's room in the middle of the night. With my sword." There was a tension in her as she spoke even if she remained calm. "This voice was saying that it could help me, that I just needed to let them in and that they were a friend..."

Straightening a little, Satsuki shook her head as she looked at Ko. "I refused it. Told it to go away. And... I had to watch myself k--," her eyes teared up as she wasn't able to keep herself calm anymore. "It was terrible."
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Hand brushing on Satsuki's back she listens attentively to the story. Letting the young Dragon get the words out. Hand relaxing as she straightens up a bit. Meeting her gaze with that calm reassurance. Adjusting herself a little to open herself more up as she finishes the story. Heart sinking at the sight of the tears welling up Ko smiles briefly. One hand on her back, the other reaching up to rest under her hair just at the top of her neck gently brushing with her thumb as her hand settles. With both hands she gives a little gentle tug in toward her, an unspoken offer for her to come in again if she needed, "You did the right thing," she says, her voice soft and confident.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:56 pm

Sniffling, the girl who was also expected to be princess Togashi Satsuki and possible heir to a god wiped her eyes and nose. "I know... I know it was. Didn't make it any better then." She sniffled a bit more before leaning in for another hug and to find comfort in the presence of a single person she trusted.

It felt much safer than a room full of people where she didn't even know half of them.

"What about you, Ko? You were gone? And you had a dream too?"
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:03 pm

"No, it does not," she reassures with the assent, giving her a light squeeze when she takes her into the hug. A moment to think, to contend with the mix of emotions from Satsuki's strength shown but worry that it was concealing her emotions. Brushing her back again passively as the hug lingers. "I was. I am sorry. I did not return last night," she says, brushing Satsuki's back once more before letting her go a little so they could look at one another more properly. Hands first giving each shoulder a reassuring grace before ultimately resting in her own lap.

She looks to her, hesitates, but pushes through, "A dream, yes. One as dark as yours. I am not proud of it," her gaze fickles, glancing down just a little that she wasn't looking Satsuki directly in the eye.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:15 pm

Innocent she might be in such matters, Satsuki was still fairly clever and could put two and two together when she had seen a man with Ko earlier today. Who was holding on to her. A sight as rare as a blue moon. A part of her was a bit upset that Ko had left her alone when she had needed a friend to comfort her, and she'd been with him when the first demon appeared.

But on the other hand... she had been the one to tell Ko to be more social with others. So was she technically to blame?!

Pushing that aside for now however, she focused on her friend in front of her, as her own hands reached out for Ko's hands in her lap. "Do you wish to talk about it too?"
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Ko's turned so that Satsuki's reach was easily accomplished, finger tips resting gently underneath into the palms. Furrowing a brow she waits, considering her thoughts with a more neutral expression. A calming breath, "I.. have, with Yuzuru Hiroya. I was not- I do not think I would have been much good at consoling you if I was here," she admits, there's a shame to her tone. Looking down, shying away from that shame she breaths in and accepts it.

Meeting Satsuki's gaze, "I do not care to hide it from you. So, I will if you wish. It is not something that will get easier with speaking on," she says, certainty in her tone.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:35 pm

The sense of shame in Ko's voice struck out to her, so unusual in the woman. "... You don't have to tell me, Ko. Only if you wish it. And... whatever happened, please... don't be ashamed, alright?" she smiled to reassure her, her hands gently squeezing hers to comfort her in return now.

I can't always rely on Ko to be there for me. I need to be stronger.

"It's only dreams. And... as insidious as their intentions were, I think it was only in an attempt to weaken us. To begin to manipulate our insecurities." Which was concerning enough as it was, as it meant that Jigoku through the powers of Yume-do was tapping into their psyches. Perhaps that is what is troubling father so much, and not directly the matter of auntie Doji? I... dread to imagine what Jigoku could accomplish with the mind of a god. Especially one as powerful as father.

"I have an idea, that can help us put the bad moments of last night and today behind us, hm?"
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:43 pm

"It knew me very well," she admits, a nod in assent to Satsuki's words. Returning the squeeze of her hand with a brief smile working onto her expression, more slowly than usual as she returned from the off feeling. "I think what you say is true. I was.. unable to see clearly when it offered salvation," another quick squeeze of her hands, a smile. "You braver than I, I think."

With that settled, she smiles more brightly and nods. "So, you have this idea? I would love to hear it."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:54 pm

"Brave. Or stubborn," she admitted with a sheepish chuckle and gave Ko's hands one more squeeze, then gently easing her hold. "I was thinking... you used to brush my hair to calm me in the mornings, after the full moon. I always liked that. So... please?" Satsuki at least knew how to ask nicely, putting on an innocent and almost comically-pleading face.
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:45 am

Ko smiles, broadly in a very unrestrained manner. Nodding her head she raises a hand to Satsuki's face, index finger out, and pokes her gently on the nose. "I have missed those moments," she said warmly, another nod. Distance entering her gaze as her brow furrows at a thought. Raising her hand to her chin and cupping her chin before nodding again. "I will brush your hair. And tell you the story of my nightmare. It will be fitting," she asserts with another brief smile.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:41 pm

Satsuki's nosed wrinkled and she made a face at her nose being poked, but she soon enough let it go and chuckled softly. "Alright. Sounds good."

It was only a few moments for her to get up and get the comb, and in the process she had removed the dragon-like hairpin that had kept half of her braided hair back from her face, leaving the silver strands loose now in a mixture of braids nearly coming undone and free locks of white hair.

Smiling, she settled down beside Ko again with her back to her. "So you were with Yuzuru Hiroya last night then?" she asked slyly, looking over her shoulder at her friend.
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:24 am

Ko waited patiently as Satsuki got ready. Giving her enough time to let the mind wander, and wander it did. Hands rested in her lap she let them lay there with palms facing toward the sky. Enough that she could look down to them, the markings that Hiroya had drawn into them, the back of her hands as well. A reminder of just how everything changed in a matter of not even a whole day, merely hours, for better and worse.

Satsuki returned and Ko's eyes rose to greet her upon it. Moving just so that she could sit back and allow Satsuki to sit as closely as she needed to. Eyes wandering the hair as it came up in front of her, regarding it and what she would do when Satsuki turned to look over her shoulder.

The question. A brief distance to her gaze as the memory flashes up, a brief smile and the return of her focus. "I was," she says, a nod. Strange as it was to even her that admitting it came so easily, perhaps because it wasn't the act that was embarrassing to admit.

"I.." she hesitates a moment, speaking it to Satsuki meant more than most and the weight of that impeded her a moment. Yet, she was sure, "I like him. He is.. different. Kind."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:38 am

"Ooooh?" her tone was inquisitive, but also pitched a little lighter that indicated a bit of giddiness, like she was happy for Ko.

The hair, even after it had been turned white, was still soft and delicate to the touch, like beautiful and fine silk. So it was easy to work with under Ko's manipulations.

"... Did he make the markings on you then? I noticed. They're different from before, not how you usually do them."
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:52 am

Fingers ran through her hair gently at first, wide spaces between them to guide the hair down into place, getting a feel for it again. Pausing as she glances down a moment to look at her hands. Reaching up underneath the sleeve she found the end of the wrap and began to undo it that her hands would be free of the cloth-wrap-glove that she wore as she worked Satsuki's hair. Revealing, at times where Satsuki could see it, some more of the marks which led up to her wrist and disappeared beneath the sleeve.

"You are right," she confirms, hands coming up once more into her hair. Leaving the comb near her side for now she carefully searches through her hair to make sure each and every braid she can find is undone, slowly and methodically. Intense care places into most of what she did, but when it was Satsuki it was far more important.

"I asked him to," she says, a slight furrow to her brow as she focuses on carefully undoing a half undone strand. "He said he enjoyed art and history, for fun. I asked him to use his knowledge of other tribes' symbols. Knowledge to help him create his own," she says, the same semi-distant quality her voice always held. However, a warmth which melts that distance a bit seeps in, "I think they are beautiful."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:17 am

Feeling Ko's fingers through her hair, Satsuki already felt a gentle wave of relaxation pass through her similarly to how it felt when one got into a warm bath at the end of a long day; tensions just seemed to slowly ease away, and the shoulders that you didn't know were so high up now gently fell into a more relaxed position.

As always there was something comforting with the older woman's touch, as it reminded her much of how her mother would do this for her back home.

"How interesting. I didn't expect someone would... hmm..." there was a bit of pause between the words as she felt herself relax more, "create their own symbols like that. Or that you would ask someone else to do so on you - you must really like him then."
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:48 am

For Ko, moments like these where she could keep her hands busy doing something helped clear and focus the mind. Nearly as calming for her as it was for Satsuki to have something to interact with, to focus on, and to give care toward. There was a release from the distractions of the world in a moment like this where she could simply exist, "Anyone can create a symbol, it may be remembered and it may not," she says, a soft smoothness working into her voice.

"I.. do," she says, a brief flush to her cheeks at the admittance, a pause of her hands. Blinking she brings herself back into the ministrations of her hair. "I am uncertain. I have not felt such a way around a person it is.. nice. Exciting," she says, there's a strange disuse of the word in her tone.