Lounging Lioness (Day 7, EA, Misaki's room, closed)

Doji Misaki

Re: Lounging Lioness (Day 7, EA, Misaki's room, closed)

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:29 pm

"Ah... well, it sounds like you deserve someone to look out for you rather than being so demanding. Not that I don't believe you couldn't do anything you put your mind to, Ayano-sama, but I also understand respecting one's own strengths and weaknesses. And the benefit of having those around you respecting them as well."

She looked over to the tea, then back to Ayano, "Speaking of which, any chance you could hand me over my tea since you're sitting closer? I don't want to disturb the comfortable position we're both in at the moment."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:04 am

Ayano was lost in her own thoughts for a moment, the request caused her to blink, "Oh...yes of course." She leaned over to grab Misaki's tea. "...sorry for that." Her blush returned, the Lioness took the chance to scoot closer to the Crane. They were almost brushing against each other now. "Misaki-san...I think I will be volunteering to directly help in the construction of the roadways. I...well...would you stay with me, at least until the initial planning and work begins."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:02 am

"Roadways? Ah yes, the large project."

She took the tea cup with her free hand, not letting go with the other as she sipped the luke warm tea thoughtfully, "I would definitely be interested in seeing you working on that. I do know a bit about roadwork, after all. And even more about bridgework. Even if I don't get to help directly due to being so low in status... well, getting to be with you would be good enough for me."

A smile before another small quiet sip.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:54 am

"There will be a need for such..." Ayano smiled, inching just a little closer, "I only know the basics of engineering but I suppose I will be learning more. My real hope is to help make sure the supplies for the project are secured and sent where they are needed. That is something I am much more skilled at."

"This is not a small project...and a great many will contribute to it the end." She settles her green eyes on Misaki. "And that is one of my grand hopes." Ayano's smile practically beams, "There will be so many that have or will contribute to the road that everyone will feel some ownership of it. A cohesive strand to help unify the Empire in people's minds."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:56 am

"Being a small part of a bigger whole, for the future... there's not much more I could ask for out of life than that, really. And I completely agree that the more the merrier; If people can feel like they've contributed to the road, or at least know someone who does, they can feel like it's their own, not just some samurai engineer's or lord's or such."

Another sip of tea before Misaki leans in to set it down; Since Ayano has moved closer, it means Misaki's shoulder touches the Lioness's gently, the light natural scent of the inventor's soap from her before meeting bath wafting up from her pale neck and shoulders as the cup is gently set on the table.
Last edited by Doji Misaki on Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:48 pm

Ayano's grin grew a fractions. "Even if it is just laying stones...to stand with your children and point at something that stretches from horizon to horizon, spanning the great Empire and say 'we built this'. They will meet people they would never have before, merchants and couriers from one end of the Empire to the other."

The Lioness rested her head on that inviting shoulder before she even realized what she was doing. "And it is just the beginning. I hope to one day add storehouses near the roads, great collections of food and materials to be distributed as needed for projects...to relieve famine....and to help rebuild after disaster."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:56 pm

Misaki chuckles lightly at the head on her shoulder, sitting so Ayano doesn't need to move by scooting up a bit, her foot in its sock touching the other woman's, "You and I certainly do think alike then. I hope for all those things as well, and would be honored to be a part of them. Not that I mind the small contributions I make back home either; Like you said, a road is as good as a storehouse is as good as a needed flood wall. Whatever is needed to help make sure famine does not need to be so harsh, disasters so wide spread, and journeys so tough."