Lounging Lioness (Day 7, EA, Misaki's room, closed)

Doji Misaki

Re: Lounging Lioness (Day 7, EA, Misaki's room, closed)

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 pm

"I think, if I would have to guess, is because there's no training or practice for this kind of thing. I know, if I'm making any mistakes myself here it would be because of that. If I seem confident and calm, it's because I have an easy time with those things due to practice, usually. Being a priestess and working with injured people as a physician, you learn to present yourself as honorable and sure of yourself, even if questions and insecurities are flying through your head. Besides... even if I only know you so well with the amount of time we've had, it isn't as if I'm not at least sure and confident in my assessment of you. Even if that could just be my simplicity and fondness for you coloring my perception."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:34 am

Ayano chuckled at that, moving her hand to reach for Misaki's then stopping to rest on the table. "Yes...my mother trained me to plan for everything but these sort of feelings. But then again, I doubt she has ever felt anything like them." A weary smile. "No...no her and father did their duty and that was that. Lady Makime had her two heirs and it was time to move on to other things."

"I...wonder if that will be how it is for me." She shakes her head, "My apologies for speaking of such unpleasantness." Her smile returns, "Simplicity? I think you are just earnest Misaki-san. Someone who does not feel the need to tell that plethora of little lies others make on daily basis. It's...one of the things I admire about you."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 am

The young woman beamed at the compliment, practically radiating.

"No need for apologies; I understand there are obligations to such things, marriage and relationships and such. I know there are supposedly talks about marrying me off, and I simply need to accept that that will be what it is, another part of my Duty even if it is not a pleasant match for myself. But..."

A thoughtful pause, "...Benten-okami's blessings are separate from Duty, and the feelings that have developed inside me are not things I want to ignore, since they're signs from the Fortunes, I believe. Talking seriously about such things may be new to me as well, but I always want to be honest, both with myself and others, so I am not the sort to hold back when I say you make me feel... special, Ayano-sama."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:53 am

Ayano frowned, "Talks of marriage for duty for you?" She shook her head, "No, no, no. You deserve someone to make you happy. Like the stories I hear from the Dragon, or Lady Doji and Lord Nanzi. Not used as some...bauble to entice another's favor." There was steel in those green eyes now.

The rest of Misaki's words then hit home. "I...do?" The fire and steel seemed to vanish, "...I..." The Lioness was dumbstruck again.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:58 am

Misaki nodded, "You are so important and beautiful and talented. Yet you encourage me and look up to me and compliment me. It was unexpected at first, but I grew to know it was because you genuinely saw the worth in me, the values I hold, and the things I do. So yes, it makes me feel special."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:29 am

Ayano was blushing again, "I...well how can one not compliment you? You are beautiful, earnest, and talented." She smiled and looked down, "...and I would not say all that about me, Misaki-san. I am just someone whose mother did something famous and was blessed with a quick mind."

The Lioness felt her heart pounding again, but it only made her smile more...for once it was a good feeling.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:38 am

"You are your own person, Ayano-sama, but you carry your responsibility well regardless. At least as well as I carry my own here I should think."

She scooted closer again, though did not take Ayano's hands this time, just wanting to be closer, more supportive.

"Anyways, I really do like you, Ayano-sama. I mean it. And I'd love to get the chance to get to know you better. Both like this and maybe even more... intimately. If you would allow someone like me to even say such a thing."

Misaki's hands fiddled with one another self consciously as she continued, "You are beautiful and your skin is soft and... I find myself thinking about you in that manner, I confess. We can take things as slow or fast as you want, if you are indeed at all interested. But I would never think any less of you if your preferences lay elsewhere. I just... prefer women to men, as far as what interests me. And you most certainly are very womanly, Makime Ayano-sama."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:03 pm

Ayano's eyes widen, "I..." Her teenage mind was overloading at this sudden promise of intimacy, but she had enough self-control to reign in her desires.

Still she did allow herself one small surrender, leaning in to kiss the Doji. "...think I would like that, but let's take such things slow." She stays close to the Crane for a moment. Still unsure of the full extent of her feelings. "And see where this goes."

The Lioness does take Misaki's hands in her own now. "...and I would very much, if you are willing, like to show you my homeland."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:50 pm

"Slow is good, hai. And I would very much like to see the lands you're from, some day. I see no rush on either, while we figure things out. But it feels good to get my feelings out there, as a start."

Misaki blushed softly but had a content smile on her face after the response.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 pm

Ayano's face was still red, "...I probably should have asked before I kissed you Misaki-san." She squeezed the other woman's hands but had her head turned away for the moment, "I do not think you will like mother's capital, not yet...one day I will see it built into something beautiful."

Her smile broadens, "But the plains are something to see! The open sea of grass as the wind blows, making waves. Not unlike the sea in a way."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:02 pm

"I have heard about the plains Lord Akodo took up as his own. I will certainly look forward to such a sight. And even your mother's capital; Even if it is only a work in progress, there is something beautiful about that too. The hard work and effort in building something for future generations."

She did not mind the kiss so she did not mention it, letting the statement sit as was rather than argue the point; Let Ayano take things at her own speed.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:22 pm

Ayano smiled at that, her eyes returning to the Doji maiden. "And then perhaps we might visit your homelands? I have travelled the lands of the Crane when I was younger...but it was with my grandfather."

She works her hands until their fingers are intertwined. "...and I would love to hear you speak on them as we walked the coast...I mean if you lived near the coast."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:39 pm

Misaki let her fingers gently interlace with Ayano's, "Oh, fairly close I suppose. You certainly cannot see or hear the ocean from my house, but there is a hill less than an hour's walk away where you can. And it is certainly quite the beautiful view, especially during the sunrise; Tall cliffs overlooking a multicolor sea as you look out over the trees."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 am

"...can I ask what your life was like before coming here?" Ayano asks, a bit morose. She lets their hands part, but stays close Misaki. Her eyes stay on the Crane, "You said you had learned the dances of your old tribe. Were you training to be a priestess?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:19 am

"I was indeed."

Misaki stays close, even as their hands parted.

"Even after the tournament of the Kami, there was still demand for such things. These days, the spread of more direct blessings from Shugenja and these new orders of monks that have been spreading have largely pushed out such things, except in some exceptionally rural areas. I still do a ceremony like that from time to time, especially for the older farmers who still believe that such things are more effective because they're traditional. My parents have moved on though; As followers of Lady Doji-sama, they've caught up with the times largely, especially once I moved out on my own."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:45 am

Ayano nodded enraptured, she hesitantly moved a little closer. "I was born after the kami had already settled, I only know the world they built." She smiled but it was a distant one, it grew more warm as her eyes focused again on the Crane. "And when you left your home...what have you done since?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:53 am

"Mmm. Well, one of the first things that happened is I met Kakuro-sensei. I was looking for purpose beyond just my training as a negotiator and priestess, and he offered me an apprenticeship. Apparently, I'd been recommended by Hatsushi-sensei from Lady Doji-sama's dojo as someone to work under him. You must understand, Kakuro-sense is very busy and rarely looks for apprentices himself, so it was very lucky I got that connection. He'd also worked with my parents before, so that certainly helped. He taught me a lot about farming that I'd only known basically as someone who'd worked with farmers; The cycles of growth, the way the land worked with the weather, the way the elements harmonized with the layouts of fields... I'd already been interested in that stuff since the old ways I'd learned growing up revolved around the harvest and fertility. But learning of it all as a discipline, something that could be taught and improved upon and such... it was utterly fascinating to me."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:00 am

"Agricultural methods...those are of great importance to the Empire." Ayano replied, "I...was trained almost exclusively by mother or her chosen representatives." Her expression grows weary, and she reaches to take the Crane's hand again. "Did you enjoy your apprenticeship...beyond just your interest in the subject itself?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:13 am

"I did."

She took Ayano's hand in her own again, stroking the back of it gently with a thumb.

"Getting to know people and discovering more about the world... you have to understand, before moving out, I spent almost all my time in the same area. Even the dojo I was at before my Gempukku was less than a day's travel from my parents' home. So getting out and getting to travel the Crane lands was amazing. Not just for the fun of seeing new places, but getting to learn how much bigger the world can be, the different ways people live and think and such."

The stroking with her thumb on Ayano's thin hand continues, "It sounds like you spent a lot of time in the same place too."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:30 pm

"I...do understand." Ayano turns her hand to interlace their fingers once more, she sits quietly for a long moment. "Mother wanted me to be a warrior...but my body lacks the resilience for that sort of training. I spent so many hours training back home, by an ever rotating group of sword instructors." She squeezes Misaki's hand, "...I kept collapsing from exhaustion and they kept demanding I continue. Finally mother gave up and left me to my own devices, I spent most of it in the Imperial library...reading what few scrolls were there."

She smiled, "Then my grandfather snatched me up...probably four years ago now...and I travelled with him. From the edge of the Crab lands down to the Stag. It was one of the better times of my life. After two years of that, mother took me directly under her tutelage. She had abandoned the idea of teaching me the physical arts...but found my mind more then capable of learning her ways. Coming here is the first time I have been out of my family's holdings since travelling with grandfather."