Lounging Lioness (Day 7, EA, Misaki's room, closed)

Doji Misaki

Lounging Lioness (Day 7, EA, Misaki's room, closed)

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:26 am

Misaki found herself pacing as she waited for Makime Ayano-sama. It had been very kind of the other woman to take off from court to relax with her, but Misaki felt pressure to make the woman's time special. Had she forgotten anything? Was anything out of place? She looked into the teapot at her reflection in the water to make sure no hair was out of place.

Yes, it was... acceptable. Maybe. Acceptable, but not awesome. Not like the traditional song said.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Makime Ayano

Re: Lounging Lioness (Day 7, EA, Misaki's room, closed)

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:46 am

A light tapping could be heard at the Doji's door. Behind it was one Makime Ayano, who despite needing to change in the next few hours, had come wearing one of her finest outfits. She couldn't hide her nervousness at this meeting, her morning had started poorly and she hoped it would not reflect in her face. The Lioness wanted to look perfect for this.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:52 am

Misaki started a little but quickly calmed. Smoothing out the pleats in her hakama, the young Crane went over to the door to open it to the expected Lioness. Misaki certainly couldn't tell Ayano was at all nervous; Of all the things she was, being observant wasn't exactly one of her claims to fame. Especially when her own mind was busy.

"Ah, Ayano-sama. Come in, come in. I have a heater going and hot tea if you've been outside at all today and would like to warm up."

The room was immaculately clean and somewhat sparse, only a few winter flowers, a bonsai, and the palace's only art breaking up what was otherwise a very tidy space. A table along the north wall sat with a tea pot and small vase with lavender violas in it.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:27 am

Ayano hesitated at the doorstep. Her face was red, it was just a room but the poor Lioness felt her heart pounding again. Unlike this morning it was a good sound. Stiffly she steps into the room. "Thank you Doji-san." Her eyes take in the room.

She was amazed at how neat and orderly it was, making her way over to the table she sits. "Oh...well I haven't been outside much."

It felt comforting in here and she felt her body began to relax, "How have you been this morning?'
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:47 am

"This morning? Quite relaxing, really. I thought about going out for Chai-san's horse event, but I decided to... well, be lazy I suppose. Trying to go from that to hosting you seemed like too much hassle, and I'm nowhere near as good at horseback riding as I am just taking care of horses as such. So I decided to leave it to the professionals."

Door closed turned to Ayano with a thoughtful look, "How about you? You seem... troubled. If it's something private, forget I asked. But if there's anything I can do to help..."

Even if she couldn't read the nervousness, she'd managed to see the redness about Ayano-chan, as well as her slight stiffness. Maybe she was coming down with something?

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:34 pm

"Just bad dreams and restless night," Ayano waved it off, and smiled, "Maybe some nervousness of my playing host in the next few hours."

She reddens a shade, "I didn't mean to pull you away from the horse event." The Lioness glances down, "My apologies Doji-san. But I do appreciate this, I am happy to spend some more time with you."

Her green eyes look up to meet Misaki's eyes and she smiles sheepishly.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:32 pm

"I likely would have skipped anyways, pay it no mind. And for you..."

Misaki looked at Ayano with a thoughtful smile at the sheepish look before moving around her table with small scoots before stopping next to the Lioness. She took one of Ayano's hands in her own, massaging the back of it gently with her thumbs

"Please do feel at ease though. You are so wonderful and beautiful and you've become an important person to me, so I'd like to do everything I can for you."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:19 pm

Ayano's eyes follow Misaki as she moves, her cheeks redden even more as she finds herself holding the Doji's hand.

"I...just being like this is a lot," She does relax, a contented smile forming on her face. "I...think you are beautiful as well Doji-sama and if it is alright, spend more time over the winter. I would like to get to know you better."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:27 pm

In response, Misaki lifts Ayano's hand to gently kiss the back of it, looking into Ayano's eyes with her own, "I am an open scroll for you, Ayano-sama. There is nothing about me that would be hidden from you. I ~trust~ you implicitly."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Ayano's eyes widen, "Doji-san..." She looks down, nervousness evident.

"But you only just know me..."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:40 pm

"You are right, of course."

The hand was lowered and the gentle massaging resumed. Misaki blushed a little herself and looked away a bit, "I... would like to get to know you better as well. But that doesn't mean I can't trust you, or think I know your character at least well enough for that much."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:52 pm

Ayano blinked and looked up, she squeezed Misaki's hand gently. "Doji-san."

Her smile had returned and she let the moment linger before looking away again, "I...fear the tea is getting cold, shall I pour us a cup?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:07 am

"Ah, well... I am feeling more than warm and awake enough myself. Perhaps after a... Ah! That's right, I promised to dance for you. I had let it slip my mind."

She looked surprised by that indeed.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:20 am

Ayano's red color returned, "Oh...yes...dance...for me...in private." She felt her heart pounding again and closed her eyes to calm herself.

"That would be lovely Doji-san."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:29 am

A nod and a comforting smile, "It is not much, simple and traditional, accompanied by singing. More to calm and sooth the spirits than anything."

She let go of Ayano's hand slowly and stood up, waling over to grab a paper fan.

"I think you will like it though, so please watch and listen, okay?"

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:35 am

Ayano sighed as their hands parted, but her eyes were on Misaki, "I do not know if I will ever again be so focused Doji-san." She said...then cringed, "My apologies that was...silly to say. But nothing will distract me regardless."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:09 am

Misaki nodded with a soft expression before starting her song and dance. It was certainly slow and traditional, nothing flashy. But Misaki's voice held a lot of training and beauty in it at the same time, as if she had done this a hundred times before, but each time was special.

((dance: 17, singing: 28))

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Ayano watched in silence, enjoying the careful movements and song woven into it. After the sudden surge of stress and fear this morning and another burst of it as the hour grew close to her event, the Lioness needed this simple moment of silence.

By the end she felt calmer, her blush had faded replaced with contentment. "Thank you Misaki-san." Ayano bowed deeply from her seat.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:08 pm

Misaki folded the fan back up in front of her and bowed to Ayano, "You are welcome, Ayano-sama. That is a spring dance, so slightly out of season. But it seems to have been fit for purpose to calm the spirit."

Tucking the fan away, she walked over slowly before taking a seat on the cushion she'd left, her legs tucked to the side.

"I am afraid I did not prepare anything more for dances precisely, but I can certainly do more before you leave."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:50 pm

"It's alright...this morning was trying," Ayano admitted, "...and I don't know my own feelings."

She sighs, "Seems like every time I am around you I don't know what to say...but it's...comforting." The Lioness focuses her attention to her hands, resting on the table. "The day I tried painting, Nanzi-sama suggested I should just pick a subject to inspire me. And I ended up painting you...I had never painted anything before."

"You are a beautiful and honorable woman, Misaki-san. And you have a calm and confidence that I never feel, even if I can fake it sometimes."

Another sigh, "I'm just rambling now. Things are easier when its a map table or I am talking to a merchant. Why is it so hard here?"