[Day 7 - LE] Leadership in Action

Doji Dojihime

Re: [Day 7 - LE] Leadership in Action

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:45 pm

"Just a name my father came up with for the close alliance we have with the Stag," she offered.

"His vision aligns with Lord Hantei; military, social, and economic to better withstand the enemies future abd present. We will be ready when the wheel turns and we must face the forces of evil once more."

"We value peace but some groups within the Empire will take offense at anything and we must be ready to resist. Our goal is a united empire against external threats."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:22 pm

"I see...but if I may," Ayano looks over the document, "There are some concerns. Firstly the Lion has similar views to the Stag and Crane on order, stability, and hierarchy...but we seem to have not managed to offend anyone, has a consideration in methodology been made?"

"Secondly, the goal of preparing the Empire for future external conflict is admirable but also one that will require more then three clans efforts. Projects such as the roadways would perhaps be better as practical exercises to convince everyone that joint efforts will yield better results. Still the Lion would very much like to come to an agreement so that our armies can quickly march south if some great threat arises. We would also like to have similar agreements with the north and west."

"Thirdly greater trade is of course a benefit to all three clans and again we wish for similar agreements with the other clans as well."

"With that in mind, perhaps a more simplified agreement for increased trade and the development of a plan to come to the Stag's aid if something should assault the southern border?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:37 pm

“We seek to not offend but other Clans are looking for reasons to be offended, take last night as an example if one party had expressed their concerns in a manner consistent with propriety we could have found a bridge to reconciliation. Both sides must come to the table with the will to find compromise and not rage,” she offered.

“We regret how things went but we could not bend to such brutishness lest we encourage such actions in the future.”

“We would expect the Lion to act in a similar manner if someone was belligerent against them for a perceived slight, and we would back the servants of Lord Akodo, no question, until the conflict was resolved, hopefully peacefully.”

“Simplified is a start but it falls short of what we had hoped the Lion would provide, and if you have a suggestion for change of methodology that would appeal to elements in the Capitol we are listening but there are many that simply find our adherence to such ideals as anathema even if they claim to be friends. We would seek marriages, increased trade, and a defensive stance that a threat to one is a threat to all, we do not seek offensive wars but we should be prepared to defend ourselves no matter the threat; this would include free movements of military forces of aligned parties,,” she finished.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 pm

"Indeed...Hismou Matsu was out of line with her public outburst," Ayano nodded, "It did her poor credit...however, I can't help but feel Doji-sama made a misstep as well. I do not know, nor particularly desire to as it is a personal matter, the full reasons for the Hismou's anger but perhaps it would have been better to engage with her directly? At the very least you would have been seen as the person extending Courtesy to one ruled by emotion, and Compassion for seeking to understand the source of Hisomu-san's anger. At best the misunderstanding would have been cleared up and much unpleasantness avoided."

"Instead it seems your actions might end up being judged petty by many observers." A sigh, "You made an enemy and made many others look upon you in disfavor. This seems to me something that could have been easily avoided and misstep."

"The Lion would have directly responded, or at least I would have directly responded. A misunderstanding can be fixed and an unreasonable person is all the more unreasonable when contrasted with one who is making the effort to understand the source of the anger."

"I think my actions with the road should be example enough. Provide something that others see as to their benefit and use it to show why your own way of doing things is best. Show them the benefits of the Celestial Order and convince them it is the only reasonable way forward by example. It's a long road that requires much planning and patience."

Ayano rubs her chin, "And again I agree that defensive alliances are beneficial and the plan to move forces from our lands to the Stag would require such movement. That could be planned and agreed upon so that very specific routes are made ready, indeed training can also make use of planned routes and practice fields. But why does one need a free hand to move in their allies territory for military purposes outside of war?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:10 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 pm
ayano rubs her chin, "And again I agree that defensive alliances are beneficial and the plan to move forces from our lands to the Stag would require such movement. That could be planned and agreed upon so that very specific routes are made ready, indeed training can also make use of planned routes and practice fields. But why does one need a free hand to move in their allies territory for military purposes outside of war?"
"I do not see your meaning, you would have free reign to move, be it for peaceful means or for rapid response in conflict," she offered.

"As for the Spider perhaps a more direct method would have worked but I was taught to ignore those acting brutishly, it seemed proper not to acknowledge her but in hindsight I see your meaning."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:39 pm

"Again why free reign? Why does an army need free reign to move during peace time?" Ayano frowned now, "One can simply state where you wish to go, why you want to go there, and then request a corridor from the host to move from one location to another. The only reason I can see to need free reign is if you are actively fighting in another's lands. This request is concerning without greatly expanded clarity on your intentions. And I mean in detail, I can not imagine mother letting another clan's army wander her lands as they wish."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:07 pm

"I misunderstood your words then, thought you were asking the opposite. I agree with you and your mother," she waved it away.

"Your explanation suffices."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:39 pm

Ayano sighs, "Such things are best to make clear."

"But perhaps we might start with a simple trade treaty and agreement to defend the southern border should a danger so great arise that it threatens to overrun the Stag."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:38 pm

"If that is your wish, we can agree to that; and we can agree to do the same if something should overrun the Lion," she offered.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:16 am

"Every journey starts with a single step Doji-sama," Ayano smiled, reassuringly, "The Lion does manage a border so I am not sure such would be required. Any threat powerful to reach us would have already had to destroy the Crab at the very least...and hopefully the Empire would have already been roused to the defense."

"Thank you regardless Doji-sama." She dipped her head into a bow.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:42 am

"The offer stands it seems only fitting that if the Lion protect our allies border we do the same, but if you feel strongly otherwise we will respect your choice," she replied.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:24 am

"And it is one we shall remember, Doji-sama." Ayano dipped her head again.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:30 am

"Then it shall be so," she agreed with a nod and then sipped her tea.