[Day 7 - LE] Leadership in Action

Doji Dojihime

[Day 7 - LE] Leadership in Action

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Dojihime waited in fine clothing for her guest, the tea was steeped and the snacks were luxurious.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Re: [Day 7 - LE] Leadership in Action

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Ayano, having changed into her more courtly attire, arrives at the rooms designated for the Crane. She politely tapped the door to signal her arrival.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:47 pm
Ayano, having changed into her more courtly attire, arrives at the rooms designated for the Crane. She politely tapped the door to signal her arrival.
She is allowed entry and Dojihime rose, saying, "Good evening Makime-san, it is a pleasure to receive you. Can I interest you in some tea and refreshments?"
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:21 pm

Ayano bowed and entered, "Thank you Doji-sama." She made her way to the table, "For the invitation and the refreshment."

Once the Crane was seated, Ayano would follow suit. "May I ask how the end of the day finds you?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:30 pm

“I am well, the day has been pleasant, especially the time I spent playing the wargames. I hope the same can be said of you and yours,” she offered as she started to pour tea first for Makime and then for herself.

“Can I say that I am impressed with how well you and Doji Misaki have gotten along, I hope the two of you are dear and fast friends. I know she thinks well of you and that speaks highly of your character. Not that it was ever in doubt, it just reinforces that the Lion are a Clan of samurai we admire and hope to deepen our relationship with, figuratively and perhaps in your case in the specific, literally.”

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:01 pm

"Well enough Doji-sama," Ayano nodded, accepting the tea. Her brows quick up with the mention of Doji Misaki.

"I find Doji Misaki-san is a pleasant person to be around. I am happy that she seems to feel the same." She smiles lightly, "And that the Crane are interested in pursing a more formalized relationship. Though I do wonder what Doji-sama has in mind in both cases."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:07 pm

"Building bridges, strong bridges with a firm foundation," she said warmly.

"A marriage between the Lion and Crane could go a long way to securing that if such seemed amenable between two good friends."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:13 pm

"Marriage Doji-sama?" Ayano blinked at that, then took a sip of tea, "...you mean between me and...Doji Misaki-san? Nanzi Hadananzi-sama mentioned the painting I take it."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:14 pm

"I don't need my dear brother to see you two have a wonderful bond," she replied.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:18 pm

"It's true...I enjoy spending time around Doji Misaki-san," Ayano confirmed. "And would enjoy spending more time around her, but a marriage?"

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:20 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:18 pm
"It's true...I enjoy spending time around Doji Misaki-san," Ayano confirmed. "And would enjoy spending more time around her, but a marriage?"
"Perhaps you don't see her as a potential partner?" she offered.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:30 pm

"I...don't know," Ayano frowned, "But I do know I have no wish to force someone into a permanent action to please my own desires. I had wanted to offer her the chance to return to the lands of the Lion to see my home and see if or how our feelings develop."

"Moreover have you considered Lady Makime? My marriage is very much at the mercy of whatever plans she has developed or is developing. And if you believe I can change her plans then I invite you to meet her in person and see what it is to move a mountain with naught but your fingernails."

Ayano sighs, "If you wish to speak of friendship and alliances then let us speak on them, but please Doji-sama do not so carelessly toss this upon myself and Doji Misaki-san."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:49 pm

"It is not careless, it is thoughtful and to see if you find value in it, Doji Misaki is a good match and she favors you greatly. If it is not meant to be then so be it, but do not casually push it aside because in this moment what you want does matter," she offered.

"As my father said many a time to me, if you take one step, then I shall take two. If it has value to you, then it makes it much easier to move a mountain. Moving mountains is done with effort and passion, all great things require personal investment."

"I will not belabor it further, but at some point you have to act to your own wishes, more so a union between the two does much to solidify alliance between us. We both have something at stake then. Which means we both will make great effort to maintain what we have built."

She sipped her tea and added, "Besides you both look cute together."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 pm

"...as you say Doji-sama," Ayano smiled again, her trader's smile. "But perhaps we should turn our attention to the larger reason I assume you invited me. You wish the Lion's friendship...and the Lion wish to know what form you propose it take."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:01 am

"Agreed," she replied unsure if the woman was deflecting or displeased but moved on.

"We would like be in alliance both economically but also with our military forces, we have a strong alliance with the Stag and friendship with us would give you strong ties to them."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:14 am

"Lord Akodo certainly desires to maintain his ties to Lord Hantei," Ayano responded, "And such would benefit all three parties, but it is the particulars I wish to understand."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:55 am

"Give voice to your concerns, since we are speaking plainly," she offered.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:55 am

"Nothing beyond just wanting to know what the Crane and Stag wish in this alliance," Ayano sipped her tea, "Simple trade agreements and mutual protection seem well enough, but...is there something more to it?"

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:13 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:55 am
"Nothing beyond just wanting to know what the Crane and Stag wish in this alliance," Ayano sipped her tea, "Simple trade agreements and mutual protection seem well enough, but...is there something more to it?"
"Friendship, support, and coordination, we believe in a strong hierarchy, and clear cut roles of individuals for a better ordered society," she responded.

She pulled out a scroll with the details and unfurled it for Makime.

OOC: Protection, one enemy is the enemy of all three, economic coordination, and promotion of strong samurai caste ideals; plus marriage contracts for deeper ties, full member of the Bakufu. That's about as detailed as I have, lol.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Ayano examined the scroll, "What is the Bakufu?" She asks.

Then continues, "The Lion most wants coordination militarily to defend against external threats to the Empire," she taps a section of the document, "...this in particular makes me wonder if you are expecting conflict with the other clans, however."