Sharing is Caring (D7LM)

Doji Hikaru

Re: Sharing is Caring (D7LM)

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:03 am

Setting down his teacup, Hikaru leaned forward, his eyes intent on hers. There was no mistaking the sincerity on his handsome features, or in his pale eyes.

"No." He said firmly. "I am not. And neither are your friends. This, I swear." Down at his side, Hikaru's right hand twitched; he smoothed the hip of his kimono with it instead.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:10 am

Meeting his gaze, the intensity in her vibrant green eyes seemed calmer. A bit more at ease from his words.

Her shoulders rose as she inhaled deeply. "Thank you. That means a lot to me, to hear. When I don't know myself what's going on - it's hard to not worry about things like that." Most of all, she was worried that her family was afraid of her. They probably weren't, but still it was hard to completely dismiss such worries.

"And thank you for being there."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:09 pm

"I understand." Hikaru said, his voice gentle. "If our voices were reversed, I think I would worry too. So if I can help that, even just a little, I shall."

He shook his head; leaned forward as he was, it made his hair shake about. "Satsuki-sama, I needed the answers you gave. I cannot thank you enough for that." Of course, he'd stayed after, too. His lips parted, words ready...

Suddenly he sat back, resuming his normal posture. Caught by the air, his white lock seemed to hang in the air between them for a moment, stretching out towards her, before falling back down the side of his cheek. "Thank you." He said again.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Before she spoke again, she watched the errant hair do its own thing again. It was a bit amusing.

"And thank you, for having brought my aunt's condition to my attention. I worry about how dire things might've been if you hadn't searched tirelesly, and approached so many different people. So thank you." She bowed her head in return.

"I hope this will help my father too..."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:09 pm

Slowly Hikaru nodded to her. "I believe it will." He said, speaking with the same firm confidence as before.

A moment passed, and he sighed gently. "I know Lady Doji's discomfort is never far from my thoughts. It is always either the first or the second thing on my mind." He paused a moment, looking at her with his pale eyes. "From what you say Lord Togashi is not quite so afflicted, but I expect it might be similar with you. Concern can surprise a person, steal upon them at the strangest moment, steal the joy from an otherwise pleasant moment..." He took a sip of his lukewarm tea.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:40 pm

"I..." she began, then paused, giving her lukewarm tea a sceptical look before she found her words again.

"... I am worried about him. But, I... must also have faith that he believes in me to be strong and to do the right thing. That I can do this. If he didn't believe in me, and those around me to do right, I don't think he would have let me go here." At least, that was the opinion of a child who adored her parents.
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:57 pm

Hikaru considered that a few moments. "Yes." He finally said. He was silent a few moment, looking at Satsuki. His lips shifted, just a little, as though undergoing some sort of struggle. There were so many things he'd come here to say...

Another moment, and he tossed back the rest of his tea with a grimace. And then he looked at Satsuki. "I should go." He said. "It's... good to see that you're well." Still grimacing, he began gathering up the tea materials.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:07 am

"Uh, of course," quickly she drained her cup too, grimacing just like he did. "I, uh... thank you for coming by, Hikaru-san. I appriciate your concern and kind thoughts."

Rising from her seat, Satsuki at least seemed to be of mind to show him out.
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:16 am

"Of course." Hikaru said. He rose, transitioning smoothly into a bow. In a few moments, he had all of the things gathered up, and in a few moments more, he'd made his way to the door.

He paused a moment there, turning his head to look at Satsuki. "Ah..." There was a long pause. "We'll see what the Emperor has to say. Perhaps with all of the pieces we've found, he can determine a solution."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:22 am

"Uncle Shiba is very wise... I'm sure he'll know what to do, or what to make of what we've found." She at least was very convinced of this. "So... yeah. We'll see what he says. What we'll do after that. What comes next..."

For a moment, Satsuki was stuck in contemplation about something, but she pushed it aside as she pushed open the door for Hikaru. "We'll meet later, yes?"
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:47 am

Again, Hikaru was silent for a long moment, looking at her. He could see her thinking, see her push it aside.

"Yes." He finally said.

And then, taking a deep breath, he departed. It was not a clean departure, slightly spoiled by a glance back over his shoulder as he walked down the hallway, a thoughtful expression on his handsome features. But in another few moments, he was gone, around the corner and out of sight.

/exit