[D6EE] Call of the North

Wu Zhe

Re: [D6EE] Call of the North

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Zhe frowned

''That is a grave assumption Hisomu-san. Perhaps concentrating on what we have ahead of us is more efficient for now then such hypothetical''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:37 pm

You make too many assumptions yourself. I would rather it be in place and not need it then the other way around.

But Susumu could tell it was a fight that could not be won without giving ground on other issues.

"Very well. So far we have a tentative proposal on sending troops as auxiliaries under Crab strategic control in case of a northern invasion. We have a proposed embassy approval from all Clans present, to be used as homes for prospective students and for communication"

" We seem to have no issue with free and open trade between our borders."

Susumu looks over to Whu

To my knowledge, I would look to formalize the trade of surplus food to the Dragon in exchange for iron and gold."

Susumu turns his gaze to Takane, "Our prospsal is less formal but we would be offering the help of Spider craftsmen and billets of steel in exchange for the help of Kaiu engineers in helping us build our defenses and train engineers of our own.*

Susumu finally looks over at Rei. "And Spider and Bat can use the embassy system to exchange shugenja students, either to study each other's styles or simply to broaden horizons"

The Spider sweeps his gaze around the table. " Have I missed anything on my end? We would be free to add more or makes changes. If so, please speak up"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:10 pm

He raised a hand

''One moment...one thing at a time. It is no good to rush into such commitments.''

He looks to the other two

''Is the embassy proposal acceptable for all here?''

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:26 pm

Takane nods "I see no reason the idea cannot be brought to my lord."
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:56 pm

Rei nodded. "We would welcome it."
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 pm

"Agreed on all fronts" Susumu nods.

"What about the issue of Northern defense that was proposed. Are all parties satisfied?"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:40 pm

Takane hesitates "I will...broach the subject with Hida-dono. He can be a prideful person and it will take tact to word it as such that he does not take offense."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:06 am

Tyrus wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:40 pm
Takane hesitates "I will...broach the subject with Hida-dono. He can be a prideful person and it will take tact to word it as such that he does not take offense."
Susumu drums his fingers on the table in thought. Perhaps there was a way to get the biggest prize of what he hunted here after all.

"Takane-san, do you think it might be easier to convince Hida-dono that, at least for the Spider, that it would be a pledge of mutual aid" Susumu sends a look at the Wu who had disliked the idea. "That the Spider would be honor bound to send troops, as the Crab would be similarly bound in case of a completely hypothetical naval landing from... let's say the Stag. In a completely hypothetical example"

Susumu nods mostly to himself. "That it would not be charity, but an asset earned"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:16 pm

The dragon frowned: It seemed the Spider was aiming for something without much subtlety.

''How does this concern the northern frontier?''

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:34 pm

"It concerns the Northern border because I am evaluating whether there is a way to gain the agreement of Hida-dono by finding a way that it is less imposing our forces, implying that he cannot carry out the duty asked by Emperor Shiba." Susumu replied levelly, doing his best to control his irritation.

"I believe I indicated that, no matter what we decide here, each Clan would not be abandoning their ability to make arrangements individually, both with those here today and those who are not. In fact, I believe it would be necessary to keep the other aspects of what we have discussed continue long term." Susumu focuses on the Wu.

What is his issue with it?

"I have not volunteered either the Dragon or the Bat for such an arrangement. You would be free to opt in or out as you so chose. Furthermore, I again wish to clarify that this is a defensive pact. If the Spider were to attempt an venture in the islands off the southern coast and began to push out other there, no one would be obligated to help us, nor would it apply if the Crab felt that it would be better to expand their borders and premptively march north."

"If you have a concern as to how this would do anything other than make this current proposal...one that you shaped Wu-san, if I remember corectly, more likely to be accepted, please let me know. I would do my best to allay it." Susumu looks over at Takane. "And it may well be a moot point if Takane-san believes that it would have no effect"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:03 pm

"Anjing Sagara-san suggested clearing and maintaining some passes between the Crab and the Bat, to facilitate trade and, if necessary, aid. Would we be able to expand that idea among the our four clans?" she asked. "A network of passes that would allow easier passage through the north for all of us? I, myself, am unfamiliar with the terrain involved. But, if it were possible, it would make some of our ideas more feasible."
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:51 pm

Susumu's gaze flickers back to Rei. "I believe that would be a project worth pursuing as well. It certainly makes sense and would remove a setback to all of the other endeavors. I take it then that you don't have any issues with the mutual aid aspect?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:41 pm

She shook her head. "In concept, no. But, there are a lot of details to work out, including the practicality and logistics."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:41 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:41 pm
She shook her head. "In concept, no. But, there are a lot of details to work out, including the practicality and logistics."
Susumu nods. "I would imagine. But if we can at least agree to the bare bones while here together, I consider a much higher chance of an eventual result. Assuming, of course, the others agree"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:49 pm

''The Dragon is currently busy with a project of certain importance at the moment: I will not venture further then the establishment of embassies until I discuss it further with my people. Even that may take time.''

He paused

''We will have ample opportunities to discuss things in the future. I see no reason to rush things along.''

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:17 pm

Susumu blinks, fighting back his surprise.

Wait a minute.

"If you do not feel comfortable with continuing, then perhaps we should pause here then and keep things here. Take what we have discussed back to our Lords and see how amenable to the discussed proposals before continuing further." Susumu moves back in his seat.

"If anyone would wish to discuss their own thoughts in private, I am happy to make time before we depart."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:21 pm

''I will take my leave then.'' he rose to bow to those assembled ''I bid you all a fair evening''

/exit unless stopped

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:44 pm

Takane bowed back and rose to her own considerable height "alliances like these will not be built in a day. Let us take small steps toward our goals. We can start with embassies and infrastructure improvements and build from there." She said with a smile.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:52 pm

"And trade, I hope." Susumu smiles back. "But I consider that inevitable. If the paths are opened between us, some enterprising souls will see to it that connections are made. And if our Clans grow to rely on those connections to flourish, then we have all the more reason to look out for each other. "

Susumu pauses. "Please though, I do request that you take this to heart: I was sincere in my offer of mutual defense. If circumstances change and it becomes a pressing issue, I would be interested in resuming discussion"

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 pm

She bows again "of course Hisomu-sama. I will think on it." She smiled again as she rose "Now I believe the other Crab organized a draw lot play. I must ensure I don't miss it. It should be great fun."