Show Off [Day 6, LA, Misaki's room, closed]

Doji Misaki

Re: Show Off [Day 6, LA, Misaki's room, closed]

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:14 pm

A slight blush on Misaki's cheek as she beams happily, "...you're the best audience I could ask for, really. You're interested and enthusiastic, but not afraid to speak your mind. Maybe one or two more then?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:44 pm

"As many as you wish, Misaki-san. I would offer to come again another time for more, but I wouldn't be so forward as to invite myself over," the big Lion says, clearly giddy to see more toys but trying hard to remain respectful.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:21 pm

"You can still ask, any time you want though. Having you over has been a great joy, both because of the reasons I said and just in general. After all, in a way, the inventions are just an excuse; You being a great audience is a nice bonus."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:26 pm

Kawauso looks a little confused. "An excuse... and a bonus? To... To just me?" the Lion asks, not believing.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:28 pm

A small chuckle, "What, I cannot just want to spend time with you, talk and share some tea? I admit, I do like sharing my inventions, but it really is an aside to a nice little get together here, getting to know each other a bit better and spend some time relaxing in private. Don't you enjoy that kind of thing too?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:29 pm

"Well, of course, Misaki-san, I'm happy for your company. Honored, really. I am... not used to rating as desirable company anywhere but home, and not always so, even there." The Lion looks down at the table, a touch of sadness pulling the corners of her mouth down. "I am sorry. I was certainly not questioning the pleasure of your company."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:39 pm

Misaki was a bit blunt, unfortunately, "Well, you are a bit unrefined, I get that. If someone were looking for someone like a Makime-sama or Doji Tsubaki-sama, you might come off as a bit rural. I don't care about that sort of thing though, or else I wouldn't work with the Heimin so much. I see your heart and beauty as just as valid and special as anyone else's here, your charms as fascinating as any careful artist's. It makes me sad that others cannot see those sorts of things, but I am used to many things in life being overlooked just because they're not part of the carefully crafted culture that's been built up around the Kami and Emperor Shiba-dono's court."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:19 am

Kawauso sits very still for a time after Misaki has spoken. Finally, after an audible sniff, she whispers, "Thank you, Misaki-san." She keeps her eyes closed, fighting through another sniffle. "Not, um, not just for me. It is... Um. I hope that there are, uh, more people... like you. The, um, the common folk. They need... They need samurai who aren't, um, only looking at the world from the capital." There's another sniffle, but only the slightest of movements from the warrior.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:30 am

Misaki looks on and thinks for a moment before scooting over and leaning in to give a gentle hug to Kawa; Nothing tight or intimate. A sort of soothing and comforting hug from the smaller woman as she rests her chin on Kawauso's shoulder.

"You just wanted to be accepted and loved for who you are, did you? I don't see how others can't want to do that immediately. You are precious and beautiful and wonderful in your own special way, and I wouldn't want any of you replaced or changed for anything in the world."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:05 am

"You... Um..." Kawauso sniffles harder, eyes clamped tighter shut, but in that moment, there's really nothing she can say or do but pivot into hugging Misaki with both arms, shaking from trying not to completely go to pieces. Kawauso's hug isn't intimate either, but it is fairly tight. The grip of someone clinging to a rock that's keeping them from floating away downstream.

After a few moments, Kawauso stops shaking, her grip around Misaki's shoulders eases, and she starts taking deep breaths to recover herself. After she finally releases the Crane entirely and returns to her cushion, she sits hunched forward, eyes still closed, hands clasped tightly in her lap.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:32 am

Mjsaki sits back once Kawauso lets go, folding her own hands in her lap and looking at the taller woman with a gentle expression, giving her time to collect herself and think, or decide what she wants to do next if she doesn't have anything she wants to say.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:46 am

After another few moments, Kawauso begins to speak quietly, still not opening her eyes as part of her tries to pretend this is all a dream.

"I'm sorry, Misaki-san. Um. I shouldn't... have done that. Too, um, presumptuous. Of me. I can't imagine... Well. You are... most kind to, um, accommodate a samurai... who so easily forgets herself." Nothing in her position changes until, after she stops speaking, she takes a heavy breath and finally her posture relaxes just a little.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:47 am

Misaki's voice is soft as well, stern but not judgmental, "While you are in this room you are just a woman, just Kawauso. You do not need to be a samurai or at attention, or even stoic. Outside here is another story, but this is a private, safe place. If you still wish to judge yourself for your display, I will not stop you. But I can promise you it will never leave this room, either off my lips or in judgment."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:00 am

Immediately after hearing Misaki's words, Kawauso comes up on her knees, reddened eyes catching the Crane's for a moment, and she bows her head almost into Misaki's lap.

"Thank you, Misaki-san. This... This is the safest place I have been in a long time." She takes a deep, heavy breath. "I wish... It is a sadness that the safety can't last." She takes another heavy breath as she sits back on her heels. The Lion's face looks drawn, tired, but she is certainly regaining her composure.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:08 am

"Nothing lasts forever, not even the mightiest fortress. If it's any consolation, I am more than happy to have you in my room any time if you need the space. Even if I'm not here."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:21 am

There's a rough little bark of laughter. "Yes Misaki-san, but, I think it is less the room and more you that makes me feel safe. In the woods or on the river, back home, I was safe from others, but not... so safe." She looks at Misaki from under her brow, clearly fatigued but also... expectant?

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:33 am

"Then I shall try my best to be here when you need me."

She reached out and cupped one of Kawauso's cheeks with one of her slim hands gently, "Who would guess that such a tall, strong bushi would feel safer with a small, fragile, craftswoman?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:51 pm

Kawauso closes her eyes, taking a calm breath at the gentle touch.

"Enemies on a battlefield are easy to manage, Misaki-san," the Lion says calmly. "Study, practice... They can be killed. I don't need to fear them. But I cannot kill the truth. Or feelings."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:05 pm

Misaki gave a slight nod, slowly removing the hand as Kawauso calmed down, "I understand. Now, it looks like you're in a better state, unless I'm very much mistaken. Is there anything else I can do for you though? Tea? The snacks I got? A massage? Another invention? I do have one or two left."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 pm

There's a twitch of longing through Kawauso's body as the hand drifts from her cheek. She exhales heavily, perhaps even sways the tiniest bit as she listens to Misaki.

"A m-massage," she asks, suddenly breathless. "Uh, perhaps... perhaps another invention," she says hastily. "Something to, um, focus on. Would be best, I think."

She licks at dry lips, suddenly desperate for tea but trying to pretend that she's fine.