Not On Fire Yet (D1, EM)

Togashi Satsuki

Not On Fire Yet (D1, EM)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:33 am

(Open, but expecting)

"Now where did that stupid squirrel get off to..." Satsuki roamed the hallways of the guest quarters, often crouching down low as she was looking for something. Her white hair had been pulled back into a simple braid, and she wore plain clothes with the symbol of the Dragon clan on the back... clothes that exposed her collarbones and left her arms bare to display the magnificent tattoos on her skin.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Re: Not On Fire Yet (D1, EM)

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:39 am

As Satsuki searched, a door opens, and a little white blur flashes out of the room. "Ah! Shuri!" A voice accompanied the white creature, easily identifiable to be owned by the young woman stepping out of it. Seeing a white haired giant, the white furred creature stops. Staring up at her. She is a cat. And with the confidence only a cat can muster, she sits down, puffs out her chest, and informs Satsuki: "MROWR."

The moment of delay is enough for the young woman to pick up the wayward cat. "We do not bother other guests, Shuri," she chastises.
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:50 am

Satsuki, not one to back down from a challenge, stared back at the feline creature. Until she won the staring contest by default as the cat was picked up by its human. Hah, father isn't around to pick me up!

"Oh... it's no bother at all," she said with a brief smirk, casually putting a hand behind her head to toy with her braid. "Hey, you've seen a squirrel around here? It's like... this big," a hand was held up to demonstrate with her fingers, "usually very puffed up cheeks because it keeps shoving food in there."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:58 am

"Not directly, no," she shakes her head. "Though I'm sure that the scent of the squirrel is what got Shuri all excited. She does act as a hunter of small creatures when she is not sleeping on my futon," Ayeka tickles Shuri's nose, who grimaces a bit in her hand. "My name is Hisomu Ayeka. I am honored to meet you."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:12 am

"Oh, hmm... right. Just hope the little critter hasn't been eaten. I promised I'd look after it for a moment..." snapping out of her brief concern and thinking, she realised introductions were in order.

Hands placed to her sides, she bowed with enthusiasm. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ayeka-san. I'm Togashi Satsuki, daughter of Lord Togashi of the Dragon Clan, and Lady Togashi Saruko. It's my first time visiting outside of my home, so... uh... I apologise for any offense!"
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 am

"I can assist you in your search, if you would like?" She offers. Moving to her room to let Shuri down inside it briefly before closing the door before the cat can make another mad dash. "I am fairly good at looking for things, after all."

She bows in return, then offers a wave and a smile. "This is my first time outside the lands of the Spider, Togashi-sama. I hope only not to cause offense to so august a person."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:26 am

"Oh, really? Thank you. It's not my squirrel, you see. It belongs to my na... friend. But she's resting from the journey here, so I was going to look after it for her for a moment."

She smiled with ease though. "Eh, don't worry about it. I don't think you could, and besides, you're part of uncle Hisomu's Family since you have his name, yes? I'm sure that means you're a nice person! He's a bit weird, but he's also pretty interesting and... I would like to go visit him after winter is over."
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:30 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:26 am
"Oh, really? Thank you. It's not my squirrel, you see. It belongs to my na... friend. But she's resting from the journey here, so I was going to look after it for her for a moment."

She smiled with ease though. "Eh, don't worry about it. I don't think you could, and besides, you're part of uncle Hisomu's Family since you have his name, yes? I'm sure that means you're a nice person! He's a bit weird, but he's also pretty interesting and... I would like to go visit him after winter is over."
"Indirectly part of his family, but yes." She bobs her head, getting down on her knees to look around for signs of wayward squirrels. "I have only talked to him in rare instances myself. Usually when Kanna-sensei was performing her non-teaching duties."

Flavor investigation EM: 5d10o10k3+7 31

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:40 am

The very percpeptive Ayeka could spot traces of nuts leading... to the quarters of the Dragon Clan guests.

"Does he meet with everyone who bears his name? I know mother and father are seem to take an interest in all those who come to join them, but I've heard it's not like that with all the Clan leaders."
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 am

"He does, though I know not if it is legitimate interest or the wishes of Lady Reiko," she admits. "He has always spoken well to members of his clan of course, I do not doubt he is legitimately interested, but as our clans grow I feel as if it may soon become impractical to continue doing so." She stands up, following the traces of nuts. "I have found a hint to the location of your furry friend."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Lady Reiko... her eye twitched a little. Not that she knew her aunt well, as she had never travelled abroad, but something about her rubbed Satsuki the wrong way.

"Mmm, yeah, I can see that. Oh! Wait! Back into our rooms...?" Satsuki sighed. That slippery little pest. "You have very keen eyes, Ayeka-san!"
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:15 pm

"I am fortunate to be versed in a wide array of skills, Togashi-sama." Her eyes followed the breadcrumbs, standing straight as she followed them back in. Then stopping before the door. "Of course, I would not presume to enter the rooms of the Dragon without Togashi-sama's permission, but if you would wish my assistance to ensure that our new friend is found, then I am glad to continue offering my aid."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:55 am

"Ah, well, of course you have my permission. We're both guests in the same house, so it makes sense, yes." She didn't seem overtly troubled by others coming inside since they were already here under the same roof.

In the common room of the Dragon's quarters, things seemed tidy, with separate doors leading to individual rooms. Everything seemed nice and orderly... except a decoration that had been knocked over, and a tiny squirrel sniffing around at it clearly looking for more food.
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:36 am

"Then with your permission," she nods, entering the room and spying the squirrel. "Ah, it seems your charge has indeed been found, Togashi-sama." Her cheerful expression widened as she stepped aside to allow Satsuki to retrieve the small animal.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:47 am

"Oh, thank the Heavens..." she was both relieved, and a little annoyed that the critter had returned to the scene of the crime. So to speak. "And you too, Ayeka-san!"

The internal fire that had agitated her seem to calm down somewhat now to a more normal energy-level as she got a hold of the little thing, carefully cupping it in her hands but allowing its head to peek out.

"I don't have any pets, but so many of my fellow Dragons brought theirs... it's been a learning experience managing the menagerie. Is it like that with your kin too? Or did you bring the only pet?" Her voice was calmer now as she spoke, but still holding a great deal of warmth to it.
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:20 am

Ayeka gave a charming smile to the little creature. "Do not be too cross with him. It is natural to be curious about a new place, I think. It is only to his disadvantage that he is small, and considered a favored meal for cats."

Speaking of. "I am aware of Fumi-san's cat, but not others. It is not to say that there are not other cats, only that I have not met them yet. I do not know that anyone brought something so interesting as a squirrel."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:23 am

"My friend, Ko, she likes woodland creatures. And being in forests overall. She and Yatsufusa both are good with animals, but he has birds... so yeah, always interesting times when his falcon starts to think that our little buddy here looks like lunch. But it's a well-trained bird, I'll give him that." Besides, squirrels were cuter than birds.

"So, ah, you're here for the wedding too?"
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:26 am

"Ah, I can imagine attempting to keep such creatures calm is quite a challenge indeed," she laughs. "To keep creatures from acting against their nature is difficult at best."

"Hai, I am. Mostly as an attendant to our class more august guests."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:30 pm

"Attendant? What kind? I have some with me, but they're... all very different. Takurou makes the most amazing meals, and he's a great storyteller too, and Zhe is... well, kind of like a warrior, but," she wasn't really sure what Zhe was sometimes, but that was alright! "And there's Yatsufusa, he's a priest like me, but is also trained in the courtly ways, and Ko who's also a priest and she knows stuff about medicine and nature."
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:58 pm

"Ah, my role within the clan is mostly as a warrior, but I am here as part of Lady Matsu's entourage," she explains calmly. "Though of course Lady Matsu does not need me to protect her, it is a great learning experience to travel with Matsu."