D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Otomo Gusai

Re: D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:43 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:38 pm
"Oh yeah."

Sip.

"Lesson four is that there are always more lessons. Part of why I got on with Shinsei for the most part."
"I've heard of him, of course," Gusai says. "Has he been here?"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:47 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:43 pm
"I've heard of him, of course," Gusai says. "Has he been here?"
"Oh, probably." Sora grinned. "He gets around. Haven't seen him myself, but he and Jiyo-sama were working on something a little while back."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:47 pm
"Oh, probably." Sora grinned. "He gets around. Haven't seen him myself, but he and Jiyo-sama were working on something a little while back."
"Oh?"

The eyebrow over Gusai's remaining eye rises.

"Any information on that? In particular, anything applicable to off shore?"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:50 pm
"Oh?"

The eyebrow over Gusai's remaining eye rises.

"Any information on that? In particular, anything applicable to off shore?"
"All I know is that the Emperor, the Little Teacher, and Jiyo had a series of private conversations."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:54 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 pm
"All I know is that the Emperor, the Little Teacher, and Jiyo had a series of private conversations."
Gusai nods. "It's more than I knew," he admits. "But then, until yesterday..." He shrugs, unsure where to turn the conversation at this point but not at all certain it should end now. It's fun, after all, and talking with someone who's not quite as on about things as some others is markedly refreshing.
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:56 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:54 pm
Gusai nods. "It's more than I knew," he admits. "But then, until yesterday..." He shrugs, unsure where to turn the conversation at this point but not at all certain it should end now. It's fun, after all, and talking with someone who's not quite as on about things as some others is markedly refreshing.
"What happened for you yesterday?"

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:58 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:56 pm
"What happened for you yesterday?"
Gusai draws a breath and holds it a moment before releasing.

"In truth," he says, "I felt like I came back to myself. The wedding and the next day...I was...adrift, unmoored, and not under sail or oar. Disconcerting as all get out."

He shakes his head.

"And it wasn't drink. Hadn't had enough, for one, and it's a different kind of floating, for another."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:58 pm
Gusai draws a breath and holds it a moment before releasing.

"In truth," he says, "I felt like I came back to myself. The wedding and the next day...I was...adrift, unmoored, and not under sail or oar. Disconcerting as all get out."

He shakes his head.

"And it wasn't drink. Hadn't had enough, for one, and it's a different kind of floating, for another."
"Ah, yes, the blessed event."

There was more of a slug than a sip.

"Things have been a bit unmoored around here ever since. Wouldn't be a shock if that had an impact."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:09 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:05 pm
"Ah, yes, the blessed event."

There was more of a slug than a sip.

"Things have been a bit unmoored around here ever since. Wouldn't be a shock if that had an impact."
"I'm not the only one whose anchor has been yanked up, then?" Gusai asks. "Not sure if I should take comfort in that or be more worried."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:09 pm
"I'm not the only one whose anchor has been yanked up, then?" Gusai asks. "Not sure if I should take comfort in that or be more worried."
"Well, it's hardly my place to tell you how to feel, Otomo-san..."

But you should be worried.

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:17 pm
"Well, it's hardly my place to tell you how to feel, Otomo-san..."

But you should be worried.
Gusai nods.

And he downs the rest of his drink in a single swallow.

It's clear he's done as much before, many times.

"Fortunes preserve us all" comes out under his breath.
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:23 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:20 pm
Gusai nods.

And he downs the rest of his drink in a single swallow.

It's clear he's done as much before, many times.

"Fortunes preserve us all" comes out under his breath.
"Call upon the Fortunes, but keep swimming, hm?"

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:23 pm
"Call upon the Fortunes, but keep swimming, hm?"
Another nod.

"Better to be aboard, though--but a drowning man will spurn no support."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:41 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:27 pm
Another nod.

"Better to be aboard, though--but a drowning man will spurn no support."
"Just so, just so."

Sip.

"Speaking of prayer, I'm glad you were able to visit a temple the Seppun cherishes so. I always worry that sacred sites like that will start to feel, well.. exclusive, even though they properly belong to the Empire as a whole."

And what did you make of my other conversation there, hm?

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:01 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:01 pm
"This one is not worthy for such a gift but I pray that whoever earns your favor appreciates the wisdom therein," she responded.

"My honored father swears by it, and I am familiar with it. As for dry subjects, I spend the bulk of my time reading letters from functionaries on the state of our granaries, supplies, and goods needed to survive the Winter. There is nothing more dry than logistics. Your work would at least challenge me," Dojihime said with a smile.
"If you wish to participate and succeed, then I believe that is all the proof of worthiness needed." Ayano smiled wearily, "It was given to me by Lady Makime herself, I would not wish it ill. So I hope you are correct Doji-sama."

"Lord Akodo was the one who laid out most of the way of the warrior in the book, mother's contributions were mostly on the processes. It has been our way since. The Akodo provide the vision and the Makime work to translate that vision to reality. But I digress." Her eyes jump between the two, "And again you are correct...logistics is one of my main duties when at mother's court, it is from the experience that I draw most of my musings on the subject. I hope to make the flows of supplies more efficient."
Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:14 pm
"Oh? Well, will see if Kenshiro-sensei's teachings at least give me a fighting chance against yours Makime-san." Genji smiled widely.

"A play, and a mock battle? It seems that this is indeed a busy winter. Busier than expected." He winked at Dojihime. "At least Hime-chan's boring letters can wait for her."
"Will Genji-sama play the part of his father for Doji-sama's play? And show the cultivated talents of the Stag at war at my own?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:28 pm

"I think we will have much to discuss and contemplate in the coming days, Makime-san," she said warmly.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 am

"Well, I guess I can try and make sure my father is proud." Or something. "Logistics are important, but so is vision. Really, there are lot of important things." He smiled sheepishly. "Before Father took me under his wings, I had a much more...romantic vision of what it meant to lead. Now I know more. Or at least I know how little I really know."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:03 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:41 pm
"Just so, just so."

Sip.

"Speaking of prayer, I'm glad you were able to visit a temple the Seppun cherishes so. I always worry that sacred sites like that will start to feel, well.. exclusive, even though they properly belong to the Empire as a whole."

And what did you make of my other conversation there, hm?
"Oh, that!" Gusai responds, catching a cup of water. Balance in all things.

"It was certainly an experience," he says. "Strangely illuminating, in fact. The kind of thing to prompt no small reflection and consideration."

Plotting mutiny. Dangerous thing, that.
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:10 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:03 am
"Oh, that!" Gusai responds, catching a cup of water. Balance in all things.

"It was certainly an experience," he says. "Strangely illuminating, in fact. The kind of thing to prompt no small reflection and consideration."

Plotting mutiny. Dangerous thing, that.
"Did the site live up to your expectations? I must confess... when I visit Seppun Hill? I generally find myself underwhelmed."

Sip.

"Nearly got into a fight with some guy... what the hell was his name... sorry. It was before the Tournament. He swore up and down it was the most magical place he'd ever been... but for me? It was just a hill. And coming from the Spine of the World as I did, it wasn't even a big hill. So I'm always curious to hear different perspectives."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:25 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:10 am
"Did the site live up to your expectations? I must confess... when I visit Seppun Hill? I generally find myself underwhelmed."

Sip.

"Nearly got into a fight with some guy... what the hell was his name... sorry. It was before the Tournament. He swore up and down it was the most magical place he'd ever been... but for me? It was just a hill. And coming from the Spine of the World as I did, it wasn't even a big hill. So I'm always curious to hear different perspectives."
"In truth," Gusai answers, "I'm not sure what all I expected. I did want to pay my respects, of course, but I'm not a priest--or a Seppun, all of whom seem to lean that way to some degree or another. But," and he shrugs.

"Anymore, access to Seppun Hill is...restricted. The Stag do not control what was the Seppun home; that has been given to others, and propriety can be a curious thing. Sorry I can't offer you a perspective on it."
Otomo Gusai