Not On Fire Yet (D1, EM)

Togashi Satsuki

Re: Not On Fire Yet (D1, EM)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:06 am

"The Thunder is here?" Satsuki asked with great excitement. It would seem that Matsu's tale had spread a little in Dragon-lands, but perhaps to be expected, given the presence of Shinsei there?
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:09 am

"She is, hai. She was partly responsible for my training as a warrior, though Hisomu Kanna did most of my training."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 am

"Wooow." She was clearly impressed. "What was that like? What's she like? It must've been pretty rough training, as I've heard her father is even larger than the Kami!"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:23 am

"Yamadono-sama! Yes, he is very large, heads taller than Hisomu!" She grins wistfully, clearly having fond memories. "Matsu-sama is intense. And very honorable. Her greatest contributions to my training were to instill honor into my soul, and forge it into a weapon that will serve our fledgling Empire."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 am

"Wow so it's really true that he is that large." She had thought it to be an exaggeration, but there was no way Ayeka would lie about that.

"She sounds very amazing. How... hmmm... how do you forge honor into a weapon, though? Isn't it more... like the power of heart?" Emphasising her point, Satsuki tapped her own breast over her heart with an open palm.
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:30 am

"When your Honor is forged as steel, no opponent can best you," she stated matter-of-factly. "Honor is your eyes, your ears. It guides your hand, and extends into your blade." It might have sounded weird, her describing honor like it was a living thing, but her earnest smile suggested she believed that without reservation.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:33 am

"Ah... that is quite different from how Mirumoto teaches swordsmanship. He's given my brother and I a few lessons." She nodded thoughtfully, wondering if she could make her honor guide her hand.

How would one do that?

"He's usually a bit more like, uh, and then you stab them with the pointy end and the other pointy end. He's rather blunt like that. I know some swordsmanship, but it's just a secondary thing to my priestly training."
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:51 am

"Well, there is certainly an element of that," Ayeka nods and smiles. "But I would say it is, perhaps, a bit more complex than that as well. At it's essence, the sword is the tool to exert one's will, neh?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 am

"Yeah, that's true." Satsuki nodded, idly petting the squirmy squirrel in her hands. "Mirumoto's just not... very philosophical about fighting. He's just all about efficiency. He's interesting to be around though, and has a lot of stuff to teach."

"So are you and Matsu-san here for the wedding only, or is something else bringing you to the Imperial palace?"
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:56 am

"So far as I am aware, we are just here for the wedding. Though of course, if there is a way I might assist my clan, I am glad to do so." Her head tilted with curiosity. "Is Togashi-sama here simply for her cousin's wedding, or is there perhaps another motive?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:02 am

"For the wedding too, I guess, that's just like an... obstacle, more than anything." She didn't seem to thrilled about the upcoming party. Too many people probably. And she would have to wear that stupid get up.

"I'm here because I want to learn more about how magic is practised in the rest of the Empire, to understand more about the faiths in the Empire too so that I can better help my clan in unifying the different ideas and theological theories that have come together from the different tribes that have joined. Unc--- Emperor Shiba is very wise so he probably knows a thing or two about it too! And, well, that is some of the reason I'm here."

She inhaled. It seemed her energy ran away with her some times. "Oh, and I hope I can travel to visit the Spider afterwards too. Uncle Hisomu is renowned for knowing all sorts of things! I'm sure he can teach me some too."
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:19 am

"An obstacle?" Her head tilted in curiosity. "Is not the union of souls a joy, as opposed to an obstacle?"

She tapped her chin in thought. "I wish I had more answers in the practices of magic, but alas such things are beyond me. Lady Reiko stated that I would never understand or be able to perform magic when I was but a babe. It was one of her visions. But if you do travel to Spider lands, I am certain there are those who can describe things in better detail than my own poor understanding!"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:21 am

"Probably! And if you and your friends are going back after this, we might travel together, neh?" Nothing wrong with travelling together!

"Ah... not obstacle for them. More like... uh, for me. I just don't like big gatherings and being very ceremonial and such in courtly stuff. So of course I'll be there because it's family, but... I'm not looking forward to it, if that makes sense?"
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:24 am

"It does, hai," She nods. "I am not as comfortable in large gatherings as small conversations like this one, but I can manage well enough." She shrugs her shoulders. "At least there will be delightful refreshments, neh?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:25 am

"Ah, we can hope so... I wonder what kind of food they serve here." Would it be Imperial, or Crane cuisine for the couple. "By the way, if you're staying here a bit after the wedding, I'm sure I can ask my kinsman Takurou to cook up something amazing for you and your kin! He makes the best food I've ever had."
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:31 am

"I would appreciate such an opportunity. A meal between Spider and Bat brought many friendships together. I have no doubt a meal between Spider and Dragon would bring just as positive results." She bobbed her head, clearly eager about such an opportunity.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:13 pm

"The Bat are very nice people. So I hope to see cousin Rei-Rei here too... as long as it isn't too much for her, with all these people. She's very pretty you know, in like a ghost-kind-of-way, but very pretty."

"But yeah, I'll see about what can be done over the next couple of days. I'm sure everyone will be busy to some degree, but even if they can't make it, they'll be there in spirit!"
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:01 pm

"In a ghostly way, Togashi-sama?" Ayeka asked with a small chuckle. "She sounds charming. I hope that I am able to meet her sooner than later."

"Let me know how I can help arrange such a thing, of course. I would be honored to attend myself."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 pm

"Hmmm... she's very pale. Like, alabaster, which is a very white and very pretty stone. And she has white hair like mine, but she's had that as long as I can remember, and her eyes are very pretty." Satsuki nodded as she spoke, to emphasise the truth of her words. "She's also the only cousin I really know, so..."

"But I'll have to talk with Takurou about a lunch meeting, or something like that. It would be rude of me to make plans without speaking with the star behind the meal!"
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:30 am

"I will look forward to meeting her," she nods. "If Togashi-sama speaks well of her, I have no doubt that she would be quite the fascinating person to speak with."

An eager bob of her head followed. "Please, do speak with him, and let me know what he says. Once he has decided on a time to cook, then I shall ensure that there are eager mouths prepared to be fed."