[LM D1] Manners Practice (Spider Rooms)

Hisomu Susumu

[LM D1] Manners Practice (Spider Rooms)

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:08 pm

"Ok Machiko...let's say that someone is telling a very boring story. That they are very pompous, and think that they are the most interesting person at the party. What do you do?" Sususum asks, practically waiting on baited breath for the answer from his old friend.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Reiko Machiko

Re: [LM D1] Manners Practice (Spider Rooms)

Post by Reiko Machiko » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:12 pm

"...That depends. Do I have a pillow handy?"

Machiko was sat cross legged. She had expected this, and had tried to sneak out in the morning. It was a wonderful plan that failed when she returned and ran into Susumu coming back. Now she was stuck.

"If not, I assume I can't just tell them to make it more interesting, can i?"
Spider Clan * Crafter * Librarian * Smart * Diplomat? * Medic? * Can be nice, doesn't want to * Profile
Carries: Daisho, Chopsticks, parchment and charcoal, Medicine kit (sometimes)

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:11 pm

"Do you think that you can sneak a pillow into the gathering hall?" Susumu pauses "Don't answer that."

The beleaguered Spider sighs. "Always remember, whenever you aren't sure the answer is "Let me get Hisomu Susumu-san".
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Reiko Machiko

Post by Reiko Machiko » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:21 pm

"I absolutely could" Machiko muttered under her breath, before sighing.

"So are you gonna be at my beck and call all the time? Sounds fun" shrugged "ain't gonna get a lot done though are you? What do I need to do anyway? Can I just make the pompus ass feel like a pompus ass? Feels like it would be the right thing to do."
Spider Clan * Crafter * Librarian * Smart * Diplomat? * Medic? * Can be nice, doesn't want to * Profile

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:52 pm

"Machiko-chan" Susumu pinches the bridge of his nose. "How would being at your beck and call at every gathering be different from back home. Father would skin me if I left you out alone. I'm serious, I know that he was working on the solvents for tanning it"

Susumu reaches out and pats her shoulder. "How about you catalog every way they are inferior, and we can go over them after the party? "

Reiko Machiko

Post by Reiko Machiko » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:01 pm

"Oh that solvent? That's already done, I think we were just testing..." Machiko paused, then grinned "nothing. I'm sure it'll be fine and your skin will remain where it is now for years to come!"

She sighed after taht, then nodded.

"I hope you have a lot of parchment. I could write an essay already and I've not been around that long. Like the couple themselves, then the weird guy who obssess over foxes. Reiko seems to think old man Sora is alive and here too, and he's got a whole library worth of flaws."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:06 pm

"Don't even joke about the skin. It's much too pretty" In spite of his frustration, the banter is old by now and Susumu can't repress a smile.

"We are in the heart of the Imperial Archives Machiko-chan. If there was ever a place to have abundant parchment...and Jiyo Sora can kick my ass in enough ways to match those flaws, so please don't make a list of them for him"

Reiko Machiko

Post by Reiko Machiko » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:20 pm

"Is it? I think even Reiko can see imperfections in your skin" Machiko laughed, relaxing her sitting from the cross legged when it was clear the lectures were for the moment over "as for old man Sora, it's fine. I'm sure once he gets hold of the list I can give you at least a days head start before telling him it was your idea. He might even find it amusing! Maybe. Not sure I've seen him get annoyed, maybe if I wrote it about his wife instead?"

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:02 pm

"Machiko-chan..." Susumu frowns. "I'll take the butt kicking, just leave his wife out of it. If you annoy him too much he'll ban you from the Imperial Archives"

Reiko Machiko

Post by Reiko Machiko » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:38 pm

"Oh good, you agreed to take the butt kicking" Machiko smirked "thanks for giving me permission!"

She reached over and pets Susumu on the shoulder.

"Maybe black and blue would be a good colour for you."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:27 pm

"I'm wearing black and blue" Susumu deadpans.