D6 LE - Preparing to Howl at the Moon (Open)

Nozomi

D6 LE - Preparing to Howl at the Moon (Open)

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Nozomi and Mayumi made their way to the temple of Seven Fortunes once more in the evening, doing their best to ignore the ever increasing cawing of the ravens that seemed to be infesting the area. As she slipped in and made the proper obeissance to the fortunes, the two went to the shrines of Fukurokujin and Bishamon respectively, each to offer their own prayers concerning the cautions of the day. It was cheering to do so, and something that both women were now making a daily routine.

Their prayers did not last for terribly long, but as Nozomi felt more refreshed, she seemed less drained and more prepared for what would come later this evening.

=======================

Void Recovery - TN 20, Success, +2 Void Points
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hisomu Matsu

Re: D6 LE - Preparing to Howl at the Moon (Open)

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:59 pm

She was tired. The adrenaline high coming down. Her hands clasped together within the folds of her robe, she made her way to the temple. Seeking out the altar to Bishamon, just as her family always had. A small prayer to her guiding fortune, she then began to leave, till she saw the Monk.

Fondness welled in her eyes, as she approached, not wanting to interrupt the woman's meditations, but knowing she could be trusted.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:05 pm

Mayumi was the first to react of the two. "Matsu!" she cried out in a little outburst that caused her mother to sigh and fight with rolling her eyes. Mayumi was getting better all the time, but she was still so young. The girl got up from the shrine to Fukurokujin and moved over quickly to bow to the elder, clearly wanting to give her a hug while her mother got more steadily to her feet, stepping over.

"Matsu," she said, offering a bow of her own. "I believe I owe you an apology this evening." She kept her tone even, but there was a firmness in it, like she intended to apologize to her friend.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:07 pm

Without questioning or a second thought, the warrior scooped up the little girl, holding her in am embrace, before keeping her hoisted in the crook of her arm.

"Why?" She looked to Nozomi. "You did nothing wrong. You don't owe me anything." Her voice was soft, as she leaned her head against Mayumi's.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:13 pm

"When I saw that farce," she said, making a bit of a face as she did. "I did not take it seriously in the slightest. It was how I kept my temper. I could only treat it as a bad joke. Honestly, that woman should have known better. Her own father didn't forget even the Nezumi who traveled beside your father, Sora and Dawei into darkness with Hantei. I'm a little shocked Kinsen did not get in her face for forgetting her own kinsman and people's contribution to her husband's crusade. Well... not that shocked. Kami preserve me but I do not know that woman's mind some days. Still... I should have spoken more clearly, but I think the more people talk, the more the Doji gets what she wanted."

Mayumi gave her a hug, smiling. "Mom's been a little worried about it. It's good to see you, Matsu. Fight any big battles before you came this winter?" she asked, clearly more intent on all the possible heroics the other woman could get into.

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:17 pm

"Nothing big. The usual protecting our people from bandits who hide and cower before real strength, nothing more." She spoke softly to Mayumi, nothing but tenderness and grace in her voice.

"I couldn't let it lie, Auntie Nozomi. I couldn't. Father... he might only have a few years left. He aged quickly after his marriage. Keeping the barrier like that, maybe he yet lives only because of Bishamon's blessings. People will forget him.... I can't let that happen."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:55 pm

"I fully intend to keep his story alive right alongside Taochusu and Chk'Matt. In the order we're not about to forget the mountain who shielded the others, the hunter that scouted the way, Sora's blade or the Nezumi's power, much less the sacrifice of a god for his brother. No... I know why you couldn't. Personally, I'd love to say her father would be furious, hearing his telling altered so, but he probably wouldn't be. He did like angering his rivals," she muttered, reaching over to chuff her daughter. "You are a good daughter, Matsu, and your father is a good man. One blasted Doji's political games won't change that. I'll see to it."

She sighed as her daughter nodded to Matsu. "I will always remember your Dad. He's huge," she said, grinning at her. "And those bandits never stood a chance."

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:35 am

"But to do so, so boldly... I was shocked. How many in attendance were there. Who know the truth, and that Doji tart thought she was so clever." Her lips pursed to a hard line. Mayumi's comment brought a large smile to her. "Thank you, Mayumi-chan. If he were here, you would be held hostage by the Mountain, for sure. His shoulders would be your throne." Matsu laughed brightly, then looked to the woman she claimed as her aunt.

"I... I owe your order a debt, then. For all of them. To know that the deeds of true heroes will be held in such esteem. Auntie, thank you."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:35 am
"But to do so, so boldly... I was shocked. How many in attendance were there. Who know the truth, and that Doji tart thought she was so clever." Her lips pursed to a hard line. Mayumi's comment brought a large smile to her. "Thank you, Mayumi-chan. If he were here, you would be held hostage by the Mountain, for sure. His shoulders would be your throne." Matsu laughed brightly, then looked to the woman she claimed as her aunt.

"I... I owe your order a debt, then. For all of them. To know that the deeds of true heroes will be held in such esteem. Auntie, thank you."
She snorted again. "I really hadn't expected it to be quite so... what it was. I nearly broke out laughing in tears, it was so hard to take anything she did seriously, as awful as this sounds. But seeing as many as were present, I'm truly glad I didn't. I wouldn't want to add to her efforts," she muttered, shaking her head. "I worry she's just stirring up controversy. her father was fairly good at doing that too."

Mayumi grinned all to brightly. Even at her age, she was certain Matsu was right. "He could still carry mom on his. I bet." There was a pause and she looked at the warrior with a bit of concern there. "I'm... I'm sorry he hasn't been feeling well. He gave a lot to get everyone out of there didn't he?"

"Yes, he did. And he came out himself, but I think all of them left a piece behind," Nozomi said in time with her daughter, sighing. Sora seemed to see the darkness everywhere, and she worried for Dawei and Hantei. "You owe me no debt, Matsu, though thank you. It was a privilege to travel with them, a privilege to see you grow into a fine warrior, and it will be a privilege to tell your tale as well. I take a certain joy in the work the Order does. To never forget what others have sacrificed means everyone can continue to learn."

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:59 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:20 pm
She snorted again. "I really hadn't expected it to be quite so... what it was. I nearly broke out laughing in tears, it was so hard to take anything she did seriously, as awful as this sounds. But seeing as many as were present, I'm truly glad I didn't. I wouldn't want to add to her efforts," she muttered, shaking her head. "I worry she's just stirring up controversy. her father was fairly good at doing that too."

Mayumi grinned all to brightly. Even at her age, she was certain Matsu was right. "He could still carry mom on his. I bet." There was a pause and she looked at the warrior with a bit of concern there. "I'm... I'm sorry he hasn't been feeling well. He gave a lot to get everyone out of there didn't he?"

"Yes, he did. And he came out himself, but I think all of them left a piece behind," Nozomi said in time with her daughter, sighing. Sora seemed to see the darkness everywhere, and she worried for Dawei and Hantei. "You owe me no debt, Matsu, though thank you. It was a privilege to travel with them, a privilege to see you grow into a fine warrior, and it will be a privilege to tell your tale as well. I take a certain joy in the work the Order does. To never forget what others have sacrificed means everyone can continue to learn."
"My tale isn't written. Who knows what it will be. All I can hope is that I do what I can for the benefit of the Empire. For everything that others have sacrificed for." She looked more fully to Mayumi, smiling brightly. "He's just getting old, as all men do. My pa is a vestige of the world before. And I think he likes it like that. Knowing that when he finally leaves, it's for a brighter future." Tenderly kissing the crown of the young girl. "Thank you for your sympathy though, Mayumi-chan."

Looking back to Nozomi, her features grew a bit more serious.

"But why? Why seek such when so many who were there are here?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:03 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:59 am

"My tale isn't written. Who knows what it will be. All I can hope is that I do what I can for the benefit of the Empire. For everything that others have sacrificed for." She looked more fully to Mayumi, smiling brightly. "He's just getting old, as all men do. My pa is a vestige of the world before. And I think he likes it like that. Knowing that when he finally leaves, it's for a brighter future." Tenderly kissing the crown of the young girl. "Thank you for your sympathy though, Mayumi-chan."

Looking back to Nozomi, her features grew a bit more serious.

"But why? Why seek such when so many who were there are here?"
"That sounds like him. All of us, from his generation. We're old relics of another era. Each of us fades in the hopes of the future, in a different way." She winked at her daughter, who nodded. She still looked sad. "Somehow, I could see him still holding pride, the last vestiges still ready for one more charge until the end."

"I honestly don't know why she thought to do it. It could not be to get away with the words being believed. her own father wrote a fair account. Not one kind to those like me who were of lesser significance, but I didn't fault him. I don't want to be famous. I'd rather fade into memory one day, and only teh stories be remembered." Why? She didn't say, though the reason was close at hand. "I think she might have done it because we were there. It stokes conversation, makes controversy. There is fame in infamy."