[D5, LE] Bishamon be Praised

Hantei Kinsen

[D5, LE] Bishamon be Praised

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:16 pm

Kinsen lights incense in front of Bishamon's statue and waits for the Akodo to join her –– as she had mentioned priorly to the young girl.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Re: [D5, LE] Bishamon be Praised

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 pm

With much anxiety filling her body, the tall Lion arrived at the temple in a borrowed kimono to look more respectable. Between the eyes of the Seven Fortunes and the Stag Queen, Kawauso couldn't be feeling much more pressure, but she kept her legs moving forward and her head humbly bowed as she approached.

"Lady Hantei Kinsen-sama," the younger woman says, bowing deeply as her nerves turn her formality into a jumble.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:52 pm

"Akodo-san." Kinsen says, looking to the girl with the bottom part of her eyes. She crosses her arms in front of her chest and says, "Do you know why I invited you here, of all places?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 am

"Uh, theology is not a strong point for me, Hantei Kinsen-sama," the Lion says honestly. She expects the Queen of Stag will see through any pretenses anyway.

"I would guess there is, um, some connection. Between the fortune of strength and, uh, sumai," she adds, trying to get a little credit for effort at least.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:35 am

She nods her head, "Mochiron!"

The tall Stag turns to look at the statue, and says, "Bishamon-kami is the Fortune of the warriors. He blesses the strong and the brave. Yet, if he feels someone under his watch has been weak or dishonorable, he might ask for test of their courage."

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 am

Kawauso gulps, but rather than fear in her gut there's strength.

"Hantei Kinsen-sama," the Lion says slowly, head bowed but her voice steady. "I am not a brilliant student or scholar, but neither my honor nor my courage should ever be doubted. You saw it when we faced down the great bear together -- steel in the spines of every one of us." There's a temptation to raise her gaze, but she keeps her head as it is, nowhere near equal in this relationship. And she expects there's more.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:41 pm

"Very good!" Kinsen says in a warm tone of voice, still looking at the statue, "At the sumai competition, Akodo-san did splendid well. There was no lack of strength there, and I cheered for it –– even though it was a rather unorthodox move."

The tall Stag lowers her head, "I came here to pray for Bishamon-kami to look favorably on Akodo-san for what she did in the face of all the other judges and competitors. There shouldn't be regret in our hearts, only purpose."

A moment and she asks, "What is the test of courage Akodo-san thinks I should suggest Bishamon-kami to please him?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:51 pm

"I am not worthy to make suggestions for tests to a Fortune or someone as important as you, Hantei-sama," the Lion says uneasily. "Test me as you wish." She raises her eyes to Kinsen, determination showing in them.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:09 pm

"Oh! No. Akodo-san. The test is for me. I approved of your actions. I believe I own Bishamon-kami a display of righteousness. What would you do?" She says, looking to Kawauso.

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:31 pm

Confusion blankets Kawauso's face. "Hantei-sama, I don't... I don't understand. I..." She pauses. "Forgive me, I am not wise in the ways of the fortunes." The Lion looks down, composing herself. After a moment, the face that returns to Kinsen shows deep thought.

"Hantei Kinsen-sama, I believe no physical danger could test the courage of a warrior like you. But even great warriors sometimes fear to speak truth from their heart. That is... the kind of test I am far from certain I could pass." Kawauso bows her head again, conscious that she may have overstepped and bracing for a fierce reaction from the powerful woman.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:36 pm

"To speak the truth from their hearts is indeed a great test of courage." Kinsen takes a deep breath, and asks, "In the name of Bishamon-kami. Test me!"

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 pm

The Lion tenses, not sure whether to expect lightning or howling winds. Sensing nothing so dramatic, she opens her eyes to see the Stag Lady starting at her expectantly.

"Oh. Um." Kawauso again looks down to compose, but it's for only the briefest moment. She needs an answer to this question, and the opportunity to ask Kinsen is too perfect. "Hantei Kinsen-sama," she asks, voice tinged with nervousness from at least one source. "Can a person who loves their independence stay happy in a marriage?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:27 pm

"Mochiron!" Is her thundering answer.

"It doesn't come without sacrifices or compromises. Independence must be conquered. It is not free as many young souls would think. It is also not made entirely of happy moments. It is a fine balance of being independent and providing for those we love to serve."

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:28 pm

The Lion listens with care to every word, though she bridles at the idea of independence being conquered.

"This is wise and well said, Hantei-sama," the younger woman says, her voice tinged by sadness. The drop of her head likewise betrays that she's struggling with this answer.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:38 pm

Noticing her affliction, Kiinsen approaches the young lady and smiles, "Come, now. Follow my steps. Let us dance together and please our mighty Bishamon-kami while Benten-kami is also watching."

Kinsen removes her upper torso kimono, leaving only the tight sashes around her chest and assumes her stance.

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 pm

"Um, of course... Hantei-sama," Kawauso says, coming back to the present moment a little bit. She is quick to do as Kinsen does, though obviously distressed about removing the fine, borrowed kimono--which she folds with great care. With a noticeable swallow of nervousness, she takes her place, ready to follow the Stag's lead.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:07 am

Kinsen was about to starts the sumai dance to Bishamon, but in a turn of fate, feels her back pain returning like an old woman and can't quite fulfill the ritual as needed, bumping onto the Akodo due a mistake. The only hope in this cooperative dance, was to Kawauso to shine so bright that Kinsen's slight wouldn't be noticed by the Fortunes.

--
D6, LE, Fluff Dance: 3d10o10k2 7

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:46 am

The younger woman, just noticing that sway to Kinsen that seems wrong, catches the Stag by hip and shoulder. Having righted her partner, Kawauso gives a very respectable spin and finish to their dance, ending slightly out of breath and unsure exactly where the fine movements had come from. She looked at Kinsen, awaiting her verdict.

------------
Kawauso can dance, 31.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:57 am

Kinsen actually softens as Kawauso takes the lead and does admire her athletic and gracious performance. As they finish the dance, Kinsen does takes some steps back so to make the Lioness the center of the attention to the Fortunes. She provides a deep bow, saying, "I am honored to have shared a dance with the Sumai Champion, and protector of the Winter Court. May Bishamon-kami ever grant you his strength independent of the circumstance and that Benten-kami ever grace you with her never ending beauty."

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:18 am

Kawauso, self conscious at the praise, returns the deep now as her breath settles. She then turns to offer what she hopes are appropriate bows to the Fortunes for their attention. Finally, she straightens and takes a step toward the Stag.

"Hantei Kinsen-sama," she whispers, as though it might evade the attention of the Fortunes. "I, um, want to thank you for your support yesterday. It was most generous to be given to one as unimportant as me. And it was--is--very much appreciated," she says sincerely, eyes adding intensity to her words.