[D5, LE] Bishamon be Praised

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D5, LE] Bishamon be Praised

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:27 am

"Ara. Akodo-san deserved it. The lesson has been learned and the Fortunes are pleased. They smile upon you." The Stag smiles. "I see a great future ahead of you. If you will to grasp it. In the same fashion you did at the Sumai. With all your heart. Just mind that, when we apply too much of our force and will, there are consequences to others we might not notice, but that we are indeed responsible."

Kisnen chuckles, "Now tell me, are you willing to join the Hantei and train, or would you honor someone else with the opportunity?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:35 am

The Lion bows, honored by Kinsen's kind words and acknowledging the words of warning.

"I, ah, am unsure of how best to use this great honor, Hantei-sama," she says honestly. "I have not been a student of Lady Makime for very long, and I would not wish to create any impression of my abandoning her teachings. Still, it is such an honor for a simple river girl like me..." She can only give Kinsen an embarrassed smile as words fail her.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:18 am

Kinsen nods, as her expression softens. "It would be an honor to have a student like you, instead. Even if you stay on Makime-sama's dojo, I can, perhaps, teach a technique I made myself. I wouldn't be removing you from the dojo proper."

The Stag raises a red fingernail up, "It comes in addition to the invitation to study at the Hantei Bushi, of course. Which you can bestow another with."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:39 am

"Hantei-sama," Kawauso says anxiously. "I, um... I am so honored by the Stag here these last few days," she says, sincere but with a hint of overwhelmed in her voice. "But it's... It's all so much to try to make sense of so fast." Her tone and word choice make clear that she's talking about more than the sumai event and the prize, and while she's far from tears, she is much more distressed in this moment than Kinsen has seen her.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Not being much aware about other people feelings –– if not Hantei and her children –– Kinsen nearly skips this beat to move forward. Yet, something in Kawauso's expression really connects to a feeling the Stag Queen often thought about, but clearly dismissed.

"Nonsense!"

She raises an eyebrow. "You are a samurai. It doesn't matter if the challenge that the Fortunes set on your path are too great. You go there, and you do the best for your Lord and Emperor –– or die trying to do it."

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:32 pm

The Stag Queen's encouragement is a bit of a shock to the young Lion.

"Wha--uh, yes, Hantei-sama," Kawauso is forced to agree. "I, uh, duty. Yes, for... what is best for my people," she says with surprisingly strong conviction. There's a haze of uncertainty still in her eyes about what to do with this spirit, but Kinsen has scared out of her the specter of doubt that was trying to take hold.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:37 pm

"Splendid." Kinsen says and claps, twice. Then she bows to the statues of the Fortunes, and a last one to Kawauso. "It is late, and honorable samurai should rise early to greet Lady Sun."

The Stat smirks at her own statement.

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:29 am

"Absolutely, Hantei Kinsen-sama," Kawauso agreed earnestly. "Just as the river guardians do." She smiles a little, some confidence restored by remembering who she represents, and bows deeply.

"Sleep well. I hope that we will speak again."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:19 am

/Scene?

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:32 am

/scene

Thanks very much!