Daikoku, Daikoku, Daikoku! (D5 LM Open)

Makime Ayano

Re: Daikoku, Daikoku, Daikoku! (D5 LM Open)

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:56 pm

Ayano frowned, "I am sure some group will emerge on top, but ruler of a pile of corpses is hardly a title worth having."

She looks down to the side, "It is not something that will happen in the near future, neither your children or grandchildren or even great grandchildren would see it."

"As for where it comes from? You said it yourself, the differences between the clans. Two ideological views have already emerged. The strict hierarchy, seen most notable in the Crane and Stag, and the much more loosely defined community of communities that seems to be growing in the Dragon and Spider. With out the creation of a shared identity, one that would allow these groups to look past their own differences, it seems inevitable that conflict will arise. The bonds of family will weaken as descendants grow further from their common parents. Ties will begin to develop between the clans advocating similar views."

The Lioness's morose expression softens and her smile returns, but it is one that doesn't reach her eyes, the dark nature of her thoughts still evident, "But then again I am just a young woman who probably has over thought things."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:13 pm

"You're certainly a young woman, but you know how to use that thing between your ears far better than many who are older than you. So let me ask... which of the broad camps strikes you as pressing its case most... strenuously?"

He didn't seem to be asking rhetorically.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:38 pm

"It is perhaps the nature of order to impose itself on what it perceives as chaos." Ayano's eyes drift off to the side, "At least from what little one can observe."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:46 pm

"So. If you can perceive that, and I can perceive that... do you think the Emperor isn't aware?"

He held up a hand.

"I don't mean this as a trap, you understand. But I do think it bears some attention. And which side of this particular dispute do the Imperial Families seem to be coming down on?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:58 pm

"I have not spoken with enough to know the general feeling," Ayano frowns, "But given his Majesty's preferences I believe he will speak to his siblings about reigning in certain impulses among their followers."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:00 am

"So, Maikme-san, who I am growing increasingly glad to have met. Knowing that, how would you seek to lay the groundwork for cooperation in such ventures down the line, knowing, as you do, that you're choosing the best of what may simply be multiple difficult options?"

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:28 am

"...The Lion is a clan that prefers order and discipline. And is surrounded by those who seem to find little value in either, there are few bonds with our neighbors and fewer commonalities to build upon." Ayano closes her eyes for a brief moment, gathering her thoughts. "Moreover Lord Akodo has a closeness to his brother Lord Hantei, more then to any other of his siblings."

"With that in mind, the Stag and Crane are our natural allies." She takes a breath, "Have you read Leadership? Beyond the theories of conflict, the philosophy of a warrior it espouses. One of the foundational values is loyalty to one's Lord. My mother is absolutely loyal to Lord Akodo, and Lord Akodo for all he may favor Lord Hantei...still understands that it is Emperor Shiba who is his Lord, and deserving of his undying loyalty."

"In whatever alliance the Stag and Crane wish to form, the Lion would desire not to see such counter the words or wishes of the Emperor. A moderating influence if you wish to think of it that way."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:03 am

He arched an eyebrow.

"One partner seeking to restrain two? Tall order, Makime-san."

He paused.

"Especially given that those mortals who speak the loudest of Tengoku's perfection seem to be keenest on taking issue with the decisions of Tengoku's chosen victor. Moreover... have the Lion ever considered that discipline and order can take more than one form? The Dragon's ways spring to mind. Their customs may be strange to you, but all the same... Have you seen the farmers trained in the use of spears by the Wu? There is little room for indiscipline in their formations, however they are commanded or what social role they are 'supposed' to fill."

A smile.

"I think the commonalities are there for those who choose to look for them. And that is part of why I find your road petition so promising."

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:58 am

"The Dragon? Whom preach that one must find their own path above all else? And the Wu in particular who seem to disdain the very idea of any social roles whatsoever?" Ayano shook her head, "How do you think they view the Lion, whom see value in the specialization of social roles? As possible friends? Truly?"

"The balance is precarious. If they truly wish to force the issue of social order, they will need the Lion's aid. That would give us leverage to stall such a move. But we also need allies should the combined forces of our neighbors seek to impose their will upon us."

Her expression softens, "Yes...that is my hope, whatever wishes others may have the Kami are family and they do rule their clans. Before the blood relation fades into memory we must have a cohesive whole. If you wish for the us to trust the Dragon...and I believe for the Dragon to trust us, then a demonstration of what we can accomplish together as an Empire must be given. And the office of the Emperor must cultivate the impartiality to build trust in the judgments of his chosen mediators. The Libraries and roads are the first step but more will need to be taken."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:57 am

"No one said it would be easy, Makime-san."

He actually grinned.

"Nothing worth doing ever is. But the fact that you see the problem and have thought about it gives me more hope on that front than I have felt in years. Just remember, that the Boss... Sorry. The Emperor has an open ear to thoughtful proposals."

He cocked his head to the side.

"Maybe mixed military units under Imperial command as another step... Let the warriors of each clan train and drill together in peacetime, so that if we ever need to, a combined army will run more smoothly... a shared vocabulary for military terms..."

He gave her a pointed look.

"You wouldn't happen to know anyone dedicated to the use of armies, would you?"

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Ayano pressed her lips into a line and eyed the Imperial wearily, "Now you are starting to sound like one trying to court me, metaphorically speaking."

She sighed and relaxed, "But I have said something similar to Jiyo Ayumu-sama, I think it may be best to first make some sort of defense council. With representatives of all the clans and formed under a representative of his Majesty...the Shogun is probably the most relevant office. Ideally the could promote some organizational standard in the clans' armies to limit confusion if multiple clans have to fight together."

The Lioness rubs her chin, her eyes are focused at some distant point, "Lady Makime believes the chances of large scale conflict between the clans is unlikely for reasons already stated, but she eyes the borders of the Empire with growing weariness. The Northern border with its great unknown most keenly. If some threat greater then the children of Hida can withstand exists out there without our knowledge, then we must be ready to meet it as one."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Sora winked.

"Far too happily married to court anyone, Makime-san. Just a man who has spent the last twenty years trying to solve problems, and finding that most of the time, the solution lies in finding someone who has the answer rather than trying to come up with it myself... and while the North is certainly a border to watch, and relations with the Nezumi mean the South is largely secure for the time being, we also have an entire sea someone or something could come out of, and the lands directly to the west are also a mystery... and don't have someone of Hida's defensive bent tasked with guarding them."

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 pm

"All the more reason for the Empire to begin considering a unified response." Ayano nodded, she was getting worked up again, "But even without an external threat the experience could be used on a smaller scale. To crush a particularly tenacious bandit threat if one arose for instance. Or just to help alleviate crisis in general."

She calmed, "But...already we talk of grand ideas when not even the smallest steps have been achieved."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:51 am

"So. About those small steps. You strike me as someone... conditioned to work, so I will simply note that if you want to run proposals by me for proofreading, I plan on staying put for at least the next few months, and my wife would probably thank anyone who gave me something to do besides fret over her..."

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:00 pm

"I dare say we all will for a time, unless Lady Sun decides to melt these snows off in their entirety." Ayano chuckles, "I can't promise exciting reading...but with so much time and little else to do, I would very much like to put my thoughts to paper. Not just proposals mind you, but my collected thoughts on trade and resources. Having a few people to critique them would only improve my work."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:17 pm

"Oh, excitement is overrated, Makime-san. In my life, the exciting parts have mostly been the terrifying ones..."

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 pm

"I suppose it could help on nights when you have trouble sleeping." Ayano remarks with a little mirth in her expression and small chuckle. "...I must confess you are not at all like mother described. Well mostly not like what she said."

Her eyes turn to the entrance of the temple, "But the hour is growing late...and I have a meeting I must attend soon."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 pm

"Of course, of course, don't let me keep you."

He bowed.

"As for your mother... we didn't exactly meet under the best circumstances, and her opinion is not exactly subject to change, hm?"

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:45 pm

"I suppose one can move mountains with enough time." Ayano responded, "Thank you, Jiyo-sama...for the conversation and support."

She bowed, slightly lower then their positions would have demanded. Then rose and made her exit, in a better mood then she had arrived.

/exit

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:09 am

Sora, likewise... Felt better than he had when he'd arrived.

The kids are all right. Well. Some of them.

[/Scene]

Current Theme