[D3 LA Open]Of Roofs, Fortunes and paper

Bayushi Sasori

[D3 LA Open]Of Roofs, Fortunes and paper

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 pm

With a bit of trouble the Scorpion girl climbed to the roof. She looked at the horizon and smiled. She sat down just to keep herself from falling into the snow below. The girl took out a piece of paper from one of her sleeves and started to fold it into a swallow.

// D3 LA Fluff athletics Str to climb to a roof: 5d10o10k2 13
D3 LA Origami Awa of swallow: 4d10o10k3 30
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Nozomi

Re: [D3 LA Open]Of Roofs, Fortunes and paper

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:40 am

Mayumi trailed along with her mother as they made their way up. An offering to Jurojin was in the girl's hands. Nozomi owed the old spirit a thanksgiving for keeping her alive today. As they walked, the girl gestured up towards the roof and Nozomi looked up towards where the young woman was folding origami up there, before chuckling dryly.

"Well aren't you a curious one. I thought it was the Togashi who liked strange perches, -sama," the monk said, bowing in her direction as her daughter bowed as well.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:16 am

Sasori tilted her head. "Huh?" The girl giggled. "Ah! Sometimes one needs space from the world. Other times one need to change ones perspective of the world." She looked at the bird on her hand. "Sometimes just need the height to see a bird fly."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 am

She barked out a yip of a laugh, holding her sides as her daughter rolled her eyes. "Oh you should have been a Togashi, Scorpion-sama. You have a wit that would make them proud. You're not wrong. Sometimes, the eyes need a new perspective. So, tell me, oh roof dweller, what is that you sought up there today if I may ask? A bird, or enlightenment?"
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:40 am

"A bird... that I made." She showed the folded paper. "I would like to see it fly."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:50 am

"So I see." Actually she didn't, not really. It was a little too far away to be clear in her vision of the bird being folded. However, she could assume at this range it was origami of some sort, given that there wasn't a shrieking or chirping going on. "And how well do you think it will fly when you set it aloft?"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 am

"That is the question if I set it flying from the ground not very far." Sasori stood up very carefully and let the bird fly. It crashed into the tree next to the temple. "Oh well..." She sighed as she carefully came down the roof. Now that she was grounded, she noted who it was. "Oh, Red Tengu... from last night." She bowed to the two.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:13 pm

"Ah yes. One of the tengu from last night," she said, nodding and whistling as the poor thing didn't go quite as far as planned. Ah well indeed. still, Mayumi was pleased. "There was another, which was definitely not a plan I had that night, though still. You were quite the dance partner, yes? I believe... was it a kitten?"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:36 pm

"A hai... I was a Lucky cat. I did have that last slip. I hope you didn't mind." She nodded "What brings you to the temples? I guess it is obvious..."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:51 pm

"Pffft, life is full of slips, -sama. There's nothing wrong with one or two in one's days," she said as her daughter started to scale up and retrieve the little bird, bringing it down with her and smoothing the paper as she did to remove most of the wrinkles from the crash. "We are here to give thanks to Jurojin for giving me another day of life after the hunt earlier today. I have quite a bit to be grateful for, in truth. A mother bear is not a thing to be trifled with unduly."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm

"Ah right, the Mysterious bear. It is very uncommon to see a white bear. and specially a mother bear in the winter." Sasori pondered. She had studied many animals in her travels. "I am no expert sama but I know a thing or two. This scolar is Bayushi Sasori. Maybe I should pray to Fukurokujin."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:04 pm

"A pleasure, Bayushi-sama," she said, bowing up at her. "And you're not wrong. Everything about this case is curious, which makes me worry that something else is going on that caused the bear to be awake, much less this far south. As for your prayers, Fukurokujin would never hurt, but also consider Jurojin as well. They do favor many of the wild creatures, do they not?"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:22 pm

"Of course... you are right." Sasori nodded. "I would like to investigate further but I am not well equipped for such task." She sighed. "I would like to know what could have perturbed the sleep of such creature." She gave it some thought. "Do you know if there are any animal spirits here in the capital?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:07 am

"I am afraid that I am a poor one to ask when it comes to the spirits of animals. I was a hunter in a former life, and I still have the skills, but I never really spoke with those whose awareness is beyond the norm." They were definitely a different sort, after all, and tricky in their own way. "It is said the Imperial Consort has a particular gift for their communion, though obviously they're a very busy one."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:58 am

"But I feel unworthy to ask the imperial consort for such thing." She gave it some thought."I should have some courage right."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:58 am

She laughed, this time a bit like a hyena. It was a yipping, barking sound, though everything in her demeanor said it was deeply honest and sincere. her daughter rolled her eyes and sighed. Her mother's laugh was awful. "Oh -sama. You are asking one of the peasantry if it is right to be nervous walking in the presence of the spouse of Heaven's son? I get nervous just being in the same room. I assure you. You are in august company in your nerves. No, no. That is normal. But the Emperor's spouse is a good soul. Lofty, but a good soul. Give them proper reason to spare a moment of your time, show proper deference and they will most likely offer you time. But... perhaps if you wish to try another, a priest? I believe Hisomu Kuni and one of the Crab are here. They may be able to help."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:01 am

"Another Spider... huh and a priest... I met a Crab a few days ago...I haven't seen them since." She frowned. "I hope she wasn't mauled by the bear... oh my."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:07 am

"Oh, I am certain they are both fine. She was... Anjing Sagara. Quite the distinctive woman. You would know if you have met her." A boisterous sort, in her experience, but not as bad as some of the Hida could be. "Those two are the priests that I know of, though I don't know if either can speak with animals."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:13 pm

"I am yet to meet either of them. I will keep them in mind." She looked at the child then back to the adult "I suppose that the members of the Bat could also have some idea right?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:09 pm

"Oh yes, the Bat might have a very unique perspective. I believe that there are several of their number here, though I've only spoken to a swordmaster of their ranks. Kakita seems a sensible soul." Mayumi nodded vigorously as soon as she said that.

"He's really really fast!"