Benten's Grace (D2-LA)

Anjing Sagara

Benten's Grace (D2-LA)

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:26 pm

The crab woman found herself once more in the temple of Benten. For a woman who was more martial with some notions of the court, visiting Benten's temple two days in a row was a novelty. But it had some effect the day before, so a little extra help from the divine could be useful.

The samurai-ko lit the candles on the altar of the fortune and raised her silent prayers to the fortune, with her praises to the guidance that Benten no kami had already bestowed on the Empire. Then she adopted her meditation position to breath in the peace of the area.

Meditation/Void, TN20: 23 - 1 Void recovered
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Nozomi

Re: Benten's Grace (D2-LA)

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:51 pm

This would not be the only time that Nozomi visited the temple of the fortunes. The monk needed centering. Being stuck here was jarring, to say the least. And, participating in the games that some of these people insisted on playing was taxing in its own way. So, she made her way into the temple, motioning to her daughter to take a broom and begin her sweeping. The shrine could use additional care, or more accurately the girl could use busy work.

Taking a moment to center herself, to let the eight-fold awareness float outward, she could feel her daughter's pulse and knew exactly where she was. Another soul was present, and so she made her way towards Benten's shrine, kneeling and beginning to pray. Honestly, she didn't expect Benten to listen. The woman had only ever listened once in her whole life, but she forgave her. That once had been enough. As she settled into a meditative posture, she relaxed, allowing her eye to catch sight of the Crab, to nod once if she was looked at. If she wished to speak, they could in a moment.

As the sweeping motions began, Nozomi found herself at peace in the void.

(OOC: 1 Void Point Recovered)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:09 am

Sagara did not want to disturb the peace of the person meditating in the temple near her. She stayed quietly in the area. She was not one too move silently, so instead she tuned herself to listening to the kami around her. Peace of mind and meditation was not something easy to keep up. Only when the praying one was done did the crab acknowledge her and bow before the other woman.

"Konichi wa, sister-sama. I hope my presence did not bother you in your meditation."
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:18 pm

She chuckled and returned the bow, rising from it to fold her arms in front of her as they finished the prayers to the kami. "I would hope I've learned from motherhood how to handle the occasional, small distraction." Her lips quirked in a small smile and she nodded. "But no, you are fine Crab-sama. It is good to meet you. Name's Nozomi. I don't think we've met before. But good to see one of Hida's here. I was almost afraid this whole proceeding might get stuffy on me."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:20 pm

A monk, of course a monk would not have any trouble with distractions from a mere person walking around. "I am honored Nozomi-san, my name is Anjing Sagara, of the family of the wife of lord Hida-dono." She smiled back to the monk with a grin from her thin lips. "I have not left the Crab lands much, Nozomi-san, the building of a clan is a complicated process, and as one of the few shugenja, I can't but feel a bit overwhelmed at times. The help of a monk could be beneficial, since my knowledge in the way of the fortunes is mostly self-taught."
Anjing Sagara

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 pm

"Afraid that I won't be a lot of help when it comes to the elements, not the way a priest can speak to them. But, there's a certain way in which we both interact, each in our own ways. I'm willing to share what I've picked up from time to time. As you said, there aren't a lot of shugenja in that clan yet. The call for the skill's got to be almost constant." She knew of the Anjing reasonably well, having traveled with one. And she had an idea of the added struggles the Crab had with their resettling, not that she mentioned it. "So, come down for the wedding on the behalf of the family, I'm guessing?"

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:38 pm

"That is the duty, yes, to show that the Crab is still an active part of the Empire, and willing to make close relations with other clans and groups of the Empire. We are a clan that is reinventing itself and finding its way, and that is scary but at the same time it opens up to a world of opportunities and that makes it really exciting." The samurai-ko knew what it meant to start all over, she had done so now 2 times. It was now part of the clan's duty to also maintain links with the world and not be left out of the growing empire.
Anjing Sagara

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:01 pm

Nozomi's lips pulled in a smirk and she nodded over at Sagara. "A good attitude. I've had to reinvent myself, to begin again many times in my life. To the point where you could almost say the old me passed on, and the me that stands before you is a new soul. Perhaps it is that way for the Crab as well," she said, tapping a hand at her side. "But I would like to think that the resiliency of those Hida picked makes for the sort of people who comes back reforged even stronger. It certainly would suit him. I visit now and again, but the mountains of the far wall are too tall for Mayumi for now. So it is mainly when I am west of the Dragon." There was a 'but one day' written in her words clearly enough.

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:41 pm

"You would be more than welcome, Nozomi-san, and I am sure that the Crab would benefit with the words of spiritual guide that you could bring. We are forged in our bodies and minds by Hida-dono to be better, but our spirits have yet to learn to much."
Anjing Sagara

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:48 pm

She snorted and smirked over at Sagara, winking once. "My lessons are taught by the school of hard knocks half of the time, so I have a feeling that they are the sorts of things the Anjing and Hida can appreciate in their own way. I try to add a spiritual quip or two in there. To honor the Little Teacher. I sometimes wonder if I have so many new lessons to teach. But perhaps that is the way of the journey. You never quite know how far you actually are on until you see the destination."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:16 pm

Sagara chuckled, "that would fit right in. I don´t think the crab could accept words from a soft one, and would probably only pay closer attention to someone that is more than capable of defending him or herself." She added a grin to her words while she calibrated the monk before her. Could a temple to fighting monks make their way to the clan and be beneficial? she questioned herself while already accepting the idea already. "Already knowing the Little Teacher could do much, sensei." She winked back
Anjing Sagara

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:16 am

"That fits what I remember of your people definitely. They're no brutes, but they have respect for someone who can take up arms when the time comes." She winked, patting at one of her old tonfa at her side. "I've shown more than one what you can do with old farming tools, if you know what you're doing with them."

"Does anyone ever truly know the Little Teacher, I wonder?" She smiled enigmatically. "He likes to surprise people. It's a gift and a curse."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:29 pm

"Even I have learned from my fellow Crab samurai how to wield weapons to defend myself in case of danger, and focused my magic in defense and battle, more practical and useful in our duty to defend the north of the Empire. But being so practical has also made my spiritual lessons a bit lacking." The samurai-ko made as if she were using her die tsuchi, with wide swings. "Anyway I have no regrets, since I focused on what I thought best, and I still have time to make up for the rest." She included with a grin while her hands returned to a calm position on her hips. "Anyway, it has been a pleasure, Nozomi-san, and I hope to see you soon around."
Anjing Sagara

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 pm

"It has been good to take time to speak with one of your ranks. Feel free to call on me, should you have a need," she said, returning the bow. "I am always around, should someone need the help of a monk, whether it be for a quip that sounds mysterious, or to beat sense into a fool with a grain thresher." She chuckled and smiled at her, winking once as she stepped back, since it seemed Sagara had affairs to attend to.