[D8, LM] Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi (Open)

Doji Dojihime

Re: [D8, LM] Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi (Open)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:45 am

While she tended to Kakita she replied with her fan, Yes we do.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:46 am

She understood. Good. Unless either has more to say to him, he politely backs out, staying near in case any have questions. Otherwise, planning on writing a report and get the Crane and the Bat the notes he promised.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:01 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:25 am
Fool couldn't even keep himself together. How inopportune.

With an inward sigh the Doji let out a shriek of terror, "Demon!"

It was fairly convincing.
In the scrum of alarmed courtiers and mobilizing bushi, Kogi turns to her fellow tea connoisseur. "Oh dear, are you all right, Doji-san? Do take deep breaths. Whatever it is is gone now." She glances at the ominous sky, and back again to the older woman.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:02 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:01 am
In the scrum of alarmed courtiers and mobilizing bushi, Kogi turns to her fellow tea connoisseur. "Oh dear, are you all right, Doji-san? Do take deep breaths. Whatever it is is gone now." She glances at the ominous sky, and back again to the older woman.
Tsubaki offers a wan attempt at a smile and follows her instruction to breathe, "Oh, Bayushi-san. My apologies for my lack of decorum... it's just they told us things like that were sealed away now."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:08 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:02 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:01 am
Tsubaki offers a wan attempt at a smile and follows her instruction to breathe, "Oh, Bayushi-san. My apologies for my lack of decorum... it's just they told us things like that were sealed away now."
Hearing this and Hisomu Kuni's advice about taking as many precautions as possible. Moshi moves to first clean up whatever blood is on the floor if no one is doing so already, then moves to ask a question of the head figures.
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:09 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:02 am
"When you flood an ant nest, there are often ants left wandering outside," Kogi says, her voice understandably tense. "Was that truly a demon? Have you seen one before?"
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:11 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:09 am
"When you flood an ant nest, there are often ants left wandering outside," Kogi says, her voice understandably tense. "Was that truly a demon? Have you seen one before?"
"No, only the legends. But it burned from jade and turned into a bird - what else could it be?"

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:21 am

Kakita bowed deeply to the two princesses, “No further thanks are necessary. I have done nothing more than I swore to do for your mother as a young boy.”

He rises to his normal height, “Nothing brings me greater joy than for the truth to have come to light in a means we all can see and accept. The way of the duel has not failed us. The path forward is perilous, no doubt, but at least this way we may traverse it together.”

He bowed to the pair of them again.

He then turned to the Spider, “Thank you for your help Hisomu-san. I’m sure your help will be needed in the days ahead.
Last edited by Kakita on Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:26 am

"Your welcome, Kakita-san"
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:38 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:11 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:09 am
"No, only the legends. But it burned from jade and turned into a bird - what else could it be?"
"Is that what that green shine is? Jade?" Kogi's eyes widen a bit, flicking toward Kakita for a moment. "I was only a little girl in a village that hadn't heard of the Empire when Lord Hisomu was rescued, I... I've never heard of demons turning into birds or imitating men for so many years as this one would have to..." she shakes her head in discomfort at that thought.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:40 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:38 am
"Is that what that green shine is? Jade?" Kogi's eyes widen a bit, flicking toward Kakita for a moment. "I was only a little girl in a village that hadn't heard of the Empire when Lord Hisomu was rescued, I... I've never heard of demons turning into birds or imitating men for so many years as this one would have to..." she shakes her head in discomfort at that thought.
Tsubaki nods, "All I know is myth and legend but if that was not a demon I am not sure what is."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:49 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:40 am
Tsubaki nods, "All I know is myth and legend but if that was not a demon I am not sure what is."
"How..." Kogi lowers her voice, clearly uncertain what to think. "You said that was jade on Kakita-san's sword? I've heard of people doing that on the great rescue, but I didn't know what it looks like. How did he know to use it? Hada--um, the demon. He was just like a man, walking, speaking..."

At the same time as her instincts tell her there's something off about Tsubaki's reaction to the situation... there's something even more off about, well, the situation itself. Kogi is understandably rattled.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:00 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:49 am
"How..." Kogi lowers her voice, clearly uncertain what to think. "You said that was jade on Kakita-san's sword? I've heard of people doing that on the great rescue, but I didn't know what it looks like. How did he know to use it? Hada--um, the demon. He was just like a man, walking, speaking..."

At the same time as her instincts tell her there's something off about Tsubaki's reaction to the situation... there's something even more off about, well, the situation itself. Kogi is understandably rattled.
She shakes her head, "I do not know. Perhaps this explains his supposed odd behavior. If he had some inkling already of the danger in our midst."

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:51 am

Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:21 am
Kakita bowed deeply to the two princesses, “No further thanks are necessary. I have done nothing more than I swore to do for your mother as a young boy.”

He rises to his normal height, “Nothing brings me greater joy than for the truth to have come to light in a means we all can see and accept. The way of the duel has not failed us. The path forward is perilous, no doubt, but at least this way we may traverse it together.”

He bowed to the pair of them again.

He then turned to the Spider, “Thank you for your help Hisomu-san. I’m sure your help will be needed in the days ahead.
Shosuro returns, bowing deeply to the Emperor. "My apologies. Even I was unable to catch up before it was too far ahead."

She waited until she was dismissed before moving over to Kakita, looking at his shoulder. Despite checking the wound, she has a warm smile. "You did it. Is your shoulder all right?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:57 am

He nodded and smiled softly, “I still have it. I expected to lose it with the trajectory I took… I was fortunate.”

He looked intently into her eyes in a look of gratitude… it was she who gave him the knowledge he required to excise this poison… and his eyes expressed the deepest gratitude for her help.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:32 am

Genji's eyes widened. That certainly was a thing that happened.

He glanced to Kakita and then the demon bird and then stuff.

"Well fought Kakita-san."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:01 am

It seemed that everyone was either questioning each other or seeing to Kakita, but Susumu has heard from his Emperor: capture or kill the bird. While not the best, Susumu had at least been trained to be a hunter safety he follows along,, hoping to track the path by more of that black ichor.

With the immediacy of the moment over, connections begin to be made.

Ohshitohshit it's real. It's really real and it's here.

It wasn't to say that Susumu had doubted his liege lord, or the concerns of Ryoshun Rei. His parents were not ones to exaggerate, and the notes on the rescue expedition were often graphic. But the idea of Jigoku's danger had been that: an idea.

Now, here it was staring him in the face.

(Attempting to track the bird)
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:51 am

Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:57 am
He nodded and smiled softly, “I still have it. I expected to lose it with the trajectory I took… I was fortunate.”

He looked intently into her eyes in a look of gratitude… it was she who gave him the knowledge he required to excise this poison… and his eyes expressed the deepest gratitude for her help.
She met them with a warm smile. "That's the important thing, ne?"

She stepped aside when Genji spoke to him, but stayed close by.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:44 am

Dojihime nodded and went back to her sister's side, little did she know she would be dealing with a second crisis in the second time slot.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 am

So.

This was all about complexity addiction? Finding the most convoluted way to test a potential Jigoku shapeshifter with a sacred blade?

Ayumu could think of a hundred ways such a result could have been achieved far more easily. This particular plan turned out almost fine in the end, but he was worried it would become a precedent for people "taking the matter into their own hands, using with their own blade". A path littered with corpses of wannabee heroes and wrong culprits.

Had Shinsei been warned about this for instance, maybe his crow could have pinned down the demon-bird before it had reached the high sky and the whole affair reached its end today.

Instead, they now had to organize the hunt of something that could shapeshift into who knows how many animals and persons at the scale of the Empire. The milk had already been split, no time for regrets, only for the sponge.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced