[D8, LM] Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi (Open)

Togashi Satsuki

Re: [D8, LM] Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi (Open)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:52 am

The Dragon princess only knew minimal about duelling, so for all she could tell, both were good at drawing their swords really-really fast. "But is that all they can do?" she commented, and then the excrement hit the rotational-device.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Satsuki exclaimed as one of the men turned into a hellbird and flew away as fast as an arrow. She took a step back, eyeing everyone else warily in case more people were going to turn into hellbirds.

Ohfuckohfuckohfuck... don't tell me that thing is responsible for what happened to auntie...
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:56 am

As Hadananzi transforms, Gusai places himself between the...thing...and Hantei Genji. But when the Emperor speaks, he obeys, joining the pursuit as he is able.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:57 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 am
Hikaru knew that Hadanazi was a good duelist, but he expected that the heavens would be on Kakita's side. But he didn't know what was going to happen. He gasped surprise, breath hissing through his teeth a moment later, as the dark being fled.

He moved quickly to Kakita's side. "Is there a healer?" He called. "We must act quickly to save this man's arm!"

"Well done, old friend." He spoke in a low undertone out of the corner of his mouth as they waited.
"On it!" She rushes to Kakita, dagger digging into her wrist as she puts her hand on the arm, healing the wound.D8 LM: casting path to inner peace, dutiful disciple: 7d10o10k3 23
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:16 am

Dojihime nodded to those in her retinue to comply with the orders of the Emperor as she comforted her sister.

Of course her next thought was what father knew.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:26 am

Kuni was there. He had seen it all. Damnit. This must be why Hisomu sent him. He rushed in preparing to cast Jade Strike, but it was gone too quick. He goes over to Kakita and begins looking at the wounds as the Lion beings her healing. "I have been trained to notice their mark." He informs the Bat and Lion.

Is the Bat Tainted
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:27 am

Matsu had been interested in attending the sanctioned duel. While she didn't dictate that that particular art was required study within the Sentinels, she had put some practice into it.

Having been on the sidelines behind Susumu, it was quite a shock when Hadananzi transformed into that winged terror. Instinct took, and her hand went to her hilt, but stayed when the beast flew off.

LM8 - The Duel - Contesting Tsubaki's Sincerity (Perception 3, Investigation 3, +6 Matsu Sentinel 1, 1 VP, TN45): 7d10o10k4+6 33 Nothing gleaned
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 am

Kakita felt the blade be pushed out by his own body’s enhanced healing powers. The sword dropped to the ground with a clang and he flexed the muscles in his arm… they felt tense despite the magical regeneration.

He bowed to the healer politely before turning to Hikaru.

“The fog of darkness has been cut… we see our common enemy now. But this was never meant to be the end…”

He smiled softly, “Still… it’s a decent start.”

He then turned towards the two daughters of Doji… a compassionate nod of apology following shortly after.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 am

Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 am
Kakita felt the blade be pushed out by his own body’s enhanced healing powers. The sword dropped to the ground with a clang and he flexed the muscles in his arm… they felt tense despite the magical regeneration.

“The fog of darkness has been cut… we see our common enemy now. But this was never meant to be the end…”

Once the Healer had done his work Dojihime looked to her sister and nodded and then approached the Bat known as Kakita and said solemnly, “Kakita-sama, I and the Crane owe you much, but I personally owe you an apology. I am humbled by the focus and determination of a simple man, and a paragon of Duty.”

A servant laid down a cloth before she knelt and kowtowed to the man and said, “You are a most diligent and honorable servant. It is with humility that I admit I was wrong to think otherwise of you.”

She laid low for a beat and then rose.

OOC: Sincerity Honesty: 7d10o10k5+5 28
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:43 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:27 am
Matsu had been interested in attending the sanctioned duel. While she didn't dictate that that particular art was required study within the Sentinels, she had put some practice into it.

Having been on the sidelines behind Susumu, it was quite a shock when Hadananzi transformed into that winged terror. Instinct took, and her hand went to her hilt, but stayed when the beast flew off.

LM8 - The Duel - Contesting Tsubaki's Sincerity (Perception 3, Investigation 3, +6 Matsu Sentinel 1, 1 VP, TN45): 7d10o10k4+6 33 Nothing gleaned
As Zhe had joined the others in chasing off after the demon-bird, Satsuki drifted over to the Spider - specifically Matsu - for some protection. If anyone here was not a demon in disguise, it had to be the Thunder.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:04 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:43 am
As Zhe had joined the others in chasing off after the demon-bird, Satsuki drifted over to the Spider - specifically Matsu - for some protection. If anyone here was not a demon in disguise, it had to be the Thunder.
Matsu was not a ranged combatant. While she could run far, the alacrity with which the former Hadananzi had flown was astounding. Seeing Satsuki approach, Matsu instinctively took a more defensive posture, her sharp eyes towards the distance, then looking to her friend.

"Well, shit. Not what I was expecting." She spoke softly to the Dragon princess.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:11 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 am
Kakita wrote:

Once the Healer had done his work Dojihime looked to her sister and nodded and then approached the Bat known as Kakita and said solemnly, “Kakita-sama, I and the Crane owe you much, but I personally owe you an apology. I am humbled by the focus and determination of a simple man, and a paragon of Duty.”

A servant laid down a cloth before she knelt and kowtowed to the man and said, “You are a most diligent and honorable servant. It is with humility that I admit I was wrong to think otherwise of you.”

She laid low for a beat and then rose.

OOC: Sincerity Honesty: 7d10o10k5+5 28
Ananzihime followed her sister in her movements. "Thank you, Kakita-sama. The Crane owe you a great debt, as my sister said, as do I personally."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Benten's Blessing | Soft-Spoken | Nanzi Family Heir | Bride of Hadananzi

Honor: 6.5, Status: 6.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Canary

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:12 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:04 am
Matsu was not a ranged combatant. While she could run far, the alacrity with which the former Hadananzi had flown was astounding. Seeing Satsuki approach, Matsu instinctively took a more defensive posture, her sharp eyes towards the distance, then looking to her friend.

"Well, shit. Not what I was expecting." She spoke softly to the Dragon princess.
"I don't think any of us expected a fucking demonic bird here," she hissed, clearly on edge herself over all this, though it was not directed at the Spider but at the show they had all seen now. "... Matu-san, Susumu-san..." she managed to greet, finding it in herself to have a bit more spatial awareness.

"I was just here to see what this stupid duelling was about, and then... this!"

Fuckfuckfuck... what has the demon done to my cousins, if they've been...? Oh shit. Shitshitshit. Are they wearing jade?
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:13 am

Sora turned away from the hero of the hour, and made a hand signal- not to the Jiyo guards, most of whom were doing their best to catch a bird, but to one of the scribes on duty.

Get this. All of this. The Empire needs to know how insidious this enemy can be, and every Library needs the information to act on.

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:12 am
"I don't think any of us expected a fucking demonic bird here."
But I did, didn't I?
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:17 am

Kakita wrote:

He then turned towards the two daughters of Doji… a compassionate nod of apology following shortly after.
"It look like there is no spiritual danger. Just in case, I will have notes of things to keep an eye out for. Though since he had been trying to pose as a human, it is likely he did not try to harm your spirit, so it shouldn't be anything to be too worried about."

He looks to the Crane and bows just noticing them. "Excuse me, Nanzi-sama. Doji-sama. I am Hisomu Kuni." He waits to be acknowledge before saying anything further.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:22 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:12 am
"I don't think any of us expected a fucking demonic bird here," she hissed, clearly on edge herself over all this, though it was not directed at the Spider but at the show they had all seen now. "... Matu-san, Susumu-san..." she managed to greet, finding it in herself to have a bit more spatial awareness.

"I was just here to see what this stupid duelling was about, and then... this!"

Fuckfuckfuck... what has the demon done to my cousins, if they've been...? Oh shit. Shitshitshit. Are they wearing jade?
"No, certainly not." Faint memories of her own encounter with evil. Deep on the journey to rescue her Lord. The shadow being that had tried to attack her. It was certainly unsettling, especially here and now.

Her grip relaxed on her sword, and her eyes, intense in the way they focused on Satsuki after looking about the field. Her lips formed a hard line.

"This thing will be hunted down. And whatever else its ilk brings."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:24 am

As his superiors bowed to Kakita, Hikaru stepped back to a respectful distance.

He turned his head, looking in the direction that the demon had fled, his expression dark.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:17 am
"It look like there is no spiritual danger. Just in case, I will have notes of things to keep an eye out for. Though since he had been trying to pose as a human, it is likely he did not try to harm your spirit, so it shouldn't be anything to be too worried about."

He looks to the Crane and bows just noticing them. "Excuse me, Nanzi-sama. Doji-sama. I am Hisomu Kuni." He waits to be acknowledge before saying anything further.
Nanzihime, her eyes tired and red, bowed to him. "Can I help you, Hisomu-san?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Benten's Blessing | Soft-Spoken | Nanzi Family Heir | Bride of Hadananzi

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 am

The column of red silk resolves into a more human shape for a moment as Kogi flinches in surprise at the burst of unexpected actions. Even as her mind races to parse what the hell just happened, dark eyes flick to a few specific faces in the crowd of observers.

---

D8 LM-- Inv/Per vs. Tsubaki's Deceit. 2x FR from BC1. Void I guess b/c what else am I using it for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯: 6d10o10k4+10 42
Pass, per GM communications
Last edited by Bayushi Kogi on Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:35 am

Kuni speaks carefully and as delicately as he can, allowing the sympathy in his voice to show. "I have studied similar creatures. Though none so advanced. I would be happy to share my notes with the Crane so your Clan can watch for any presence the creature's spiritual corruption with those he may have had contact with. Some of the heroes that went save your uncle.... well, signs can take years to manifest." Kuni does his best to help the Crane save face. He was genuinely concerned. Not trying to accuse the Crane. "I am sure it is over precaution, it would not have lasted long. But with such matter over cautious is better than not."

Equipment:

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:43 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:35 am
Kuni speaks carefully and as delicately as he can, allowing the sympathy in his voice to show. "I have studied similar creatures. Though none so advanced. I would be happy to share my notes with the Crane so your Clan can watch for any presence the creature's spiritual corruption with those he may have had contact with. Some of the heroes that went save your uncle.... well, signs can take years to manifest." Kuni does his best to help the Crane save face. He was genuinely concerned. Not trying to accuse the Crane. "I am sure it is over precaution, it would not have lasted long. But with such matter over cautious is better than not."
Anazihime placed her hand over her heart, pressing her lips together. "I... understand, Hisomu-san. We will keep an eye out."
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 am
*snip*
Ananzihime turned her fan slightly toward her sister, indicating with it, We need to talk later.

Played by GM Canary