[D8, LM] Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [D8, LM] Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:55 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 am
Why hello there, old buddy!
Sora approached Ayumu with the air of a man who has been vindicated, if only to himself.

"That fucking bird came back with Nanzi fifteen years gone. Fifteen years. Fortunes only know what the hell it's done in all of that time..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:25 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:01 am
It seemed that everyone was either questioning each other or seeing to Kakita, but Susumu has heard from his Emperor: capture or kill the bird. While not the best, Susumu had at least been trained to be a hunter safety he follows along,, hoping to track the path by more of that black ichor.

With the immediacy of the moment over, connections begin to be made.

Ohshitohshit it's real. It's really real and it's here.

It wasn't to say that Susumu had doubted his liege lord, or the concerns of Ryoshun Rei. His parents were not ones to exaggerate, and the notes on the rescue expedition were often graphic. But the idea of Jigoku's danger had been that: an idea.

Now, here it was staring him in the face.

(Attempting to track the bird)
Gusai is not far behind him.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:33 am

Unfortunately, the bird is long gone.. Susumu snarls and places him hands on his knees to catch his breath.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:34 am

Gusai draws up beside him.

"Susumu-sama? Are you well?"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:55 am
Sora approached Ayumu with the air of a man who has been vindicated, if only to himself.

"That fucking bird came back with Nanzi fifteen years gone. Fifteen years. Fortunes only know what the hell it's done in all of that time..."
"A common crow can lay half a dozen eggs a year. I don't know how this one reproduces, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had spread his offspring through all the Crane clan, and even in some other nooks of the Empire.

I'm not even sure where to begin. Everyone who has been in close contact with crow-boy in the last fifteen years I guess, starting with those who hold the most power and going down from there.

It's going to be a diplomatic mess in top of everything else."
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:12 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:07 pm
"A common crow can lay half a dozen eggs a year. I don't know how this one reproduces, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had spread his offspring through all the Crane clan, and even in some other nooks of the Empire.

I'm not even sure where to begin. Everyone who has been in close contact with crow-boy in the last fifteen years I guess, starting with those who hold the most power and going down from there.

It's going to be a diplomatic mess in top of everything else."
"Putting it mildly, as always. A pretty thorough housecleaning seems to be in order."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:32 am
Genji's eyes widened. That certainly was a thing that happened.

He glanced to Kakita and then the demon bird and then stuff.

"Well fought Kakita-san."
Kakita bowed to the son of Hantei, “Thank you. I did only that which I was meant to do.”

His eyes then wandered around the crowd as the interpretation of these things began formulating in their minds.

He turned back to the man, “And now it seems I must go. The truth is made manifest… My job is done.”

He bowed to Genji and walked towards the shrine one more time. He bowed and clapped his hands quietly.

Thank you Lady Sun… May your light continue to watch over and protect the realm from the darkness forever.

After a few moments he turned and began walking the path back towards the castle…

—————

Will be /exiting unless stopped by Shiba or someone who really wants to talk.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:49 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:34 am
Gusai draws up beside him.

"Susumu-sama? Are you well?"
"Just a bit winded. I thought I could track th e bird but it's lost"

Susumu returns back to the other.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:12 pm
TOPIC REVIEW: [D8, LM] DUEL - KAKITA VS. HADANANZI (OPEN)
Re: [D8, LM] Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi (Open)Quote Kakita
by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:15 am
"You will not hear be opposed to that Jiyo-san" Susumu bows. "This seems to be Lord Hisomu's greatest fear come manifest. To be sure, I don't think that Jigoku would return entirely in this form but the idea that they would is entirely unsurprising. I cannot speak for Lord Hisomu, but I can promise this: everything in my power that I can call to bear, it will be brought. I am confident that if you open a call, it will draw many. I will make that call myself, if you prefer, if you require the Imperial family to be impartial"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:55 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:49 pm
"You will not hear be opposed to that Jiyo-san" Susumu bows. "This seems to be Lord Hisomu's greatest fear come manifest. To be sure, I don't think that Jigoku would return entirely in this form but the idea that they would is entirely unsurprising. I cannot speak for Lord Hisomu, but I can promise this: everything in my power that I can call to bear, it will be brought. I am confident that if you open a call, it will draw many. I will make that call myself, if you prefer, if you require the Imperial family to be impartial"
"I think we'll have plenty to talk about in Court, Hisoum-san. And as far as impartiality goes... we'll start by making sure we're clear too."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:04 pm

Gusai, lesser in stature, also returns.
Otomo Gusai