Tori ni Tobu Sora (D7 LM)

Doji Dojihime

Re: Tori ni Tobu Sora (D7 LM)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:12 am

She beamed and said, "There is nothing more sacred than the happiness of our children. We grow up all too quickly and find the world is... a much different place than we realized. I pray they can hold onto their innocence for as long as they can."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Kakita simply watched the exchange politely.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:19 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:12 am
She beamed and said, "There is nothing more sacred than the happiness of our children. We grow up all too quickly and find the world is... a much different place than we realized. I pray they can hold onto their innocence for as long as they can."
"It will erode all too soon, Doji-san, but I am grateful for your help in preserving it for a bit longer."
He chuckled.

"Soryu's been quite keen on animals of late- he's fascinated by a certain young Ki-Rin and her otters. I think he's trying his hand at courtship, as a matter of fact."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:47 pm

"Perhaps he might succeed," she said warmly.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:50 pm

"At seven years of age? His charm would rival your father's."

He grinned.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:57 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:50 pm
"At seven years of age? His charm would rival your father's."

He grinned.
"Then I fear for the Unicorn, and every potential suitor within a league of this place," she joked.

"Though the charm of Jiyo-san is well known, he seems well regarded by so many. My cousin speaks highly of you. Do you not agree, Kakita-san?"

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:59 pm

Kakita nodded, “A hero of the rescue of Lord Hisomu and a loyal vassal trusted by the emperor himself.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:24 am

"Ah, nothing to do with charm, and everything to do with perseverance..."

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:53 am

"I do not see much of a difference, it still draws people to you," she replied.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:02 am

Kakita nodded at the princess’s words.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:05 am

"Well, ordinarily this is where I would self-deprecate some more, but since I try not to undercut perceptions of the Emperor's judgement, I will simply note that it took the patience and wisdom of the Son of Heaven to transform a distrustful, angry, unkempt tribesman from the Spine of the world into someone commanding any respect. Much of the perseverance involved was his, not mine."

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:36 pm

"Then he saw something worth molding," she said sweetly.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:37 pm

Kakita paused and only politely nodded his head.

Pray that I don’t become an old man who feels compelled to argue with everything people say that vary in the slightest from my worldview.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:42 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:36 pm
"Then he saw something worth molding," she said sweetly.
"Which just goes to show the scope of vision in play."

Sora half-smiled.

"He saw more than most, myself most definitely included. To have been trusted with the safety of his children was... I can honestly say, the first time that honor was offered was the single greatest shock of my life. But a transformative shock, all the same. But enough about me- with respect, Doji-san, I find myself blisteringly uninteresting at the best of times. And whatever heroism may lie in my past is of less interest to me than the heroics your generation will achieve in the future."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:29 am

Kakita nodded politely and began looking down the path towards the castle subtly.

“The heavens and their chosen vessel have greater perspective than we. If we do our part, whatever it may be… then we too can carry on this great legacy.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:43 pm

She bowed to the two and continued on her way.

/exit

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:15 pm

Kakita watched the daughter of Doji leave… quietly harboring hope in his heart that one day they could be friends…

He let out the slightest of sighs as she left.

“Tomorrow all shall be known… and yes… I will trust Destiny.” He said without looking over towards the older man.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:59 pm

"Just make sure you're ready to face it."

He shook his head as he watched Dojihime go.

"Pride there. I hope they can bend instead of breaking if you prove us right."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 pm

“There’s Honor there.” He replied simply as Dojihime’s silhouette traveled further and further away.

“Believe.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:05 pm

"Honor's a tricky thing, Kakita-san. Still. In this specific case, I believe you may be right."

Current Theme