Tori ni Tobu Sora (D7 LM)

Kakita

Tori ni Tobu Sora (D7 LM)

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:27 pm

Kakita was a man of rhythms… a man of consistency and focus…

With the impending duel on the next day some may be drawn into other distractions, but Kakita remained the same.

Here he was again… praying in the same manner he had all week… and for the same purpose.

He stood silently in front of the shrine for an extended period of time. Surely the attendants themselves had begun to recognize the man… perhaps some were impressed by his resilience while others thought him strange… He was who he was. A dedicated follower of the heavens.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Re: Tori ni Tobu Sora (D7 LM)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:31 pm

Sora was a man of ideas, usually, as he'd told Hantei Genji the day before, bad ones.

And the attendants absolutely all knew who he was, even if they'd seen more of him in the past week than in the previous year.

He strode into the temple, went through what he regarded as the usual rigamarole, and then approached the shrine.

"Kakita-san. Here to pray about the weather, perhaps?""
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Kakita’s eyes opened gently at the external prompting and he turned his head to see Jiyo Sora.

“I don’t tend to make such prayers Jiyo-sama… as I figure that the people in the heavens have a better understanding for what’s necessary to be sent our way then I do.”

He smiled warmly to suggest he wasn’t taking the question too seriously.

“Come to pray this morning Jiyo-sama?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm

"After a fashion, yes, although I sometimes think of it as asking the Boss's mother to lend a hand."

He glanced sidelong at the Bat.

"A duel, then. I heard some crap about your stealing a fan or somesuch. Seems a crude manipulation, to say the least."

Did you do it, or did he? I don't think it matters much, you get your duel either way.

"But in any event, I assume you're prepared to trust Destiny on this one?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:41 pm

They really needed to stop meeting this way, the cretin and the crazy eyed Imperial… maybe it was reversed but still she had made her prayers and she prepared to exit hearing their voices. Kakita had nearly won her over with his dogged devotion but it seems his obsession ran too deep and well the Imperial, he just seemed dogged but amusing at the play.

Still kept her guard up, meaning she had her tactical fan deployed as her retinue followed.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm
"After a fashion, yes, although I sometimes think of it as asking the Boss's mother to lend a hand."

He glanced sidelong at the Bat.

"A duel, then. I heard some crap about your stealing a fan or somesuch. Seems a crude manipulation, to say the least."

Did you do it, or did he? I don't think it matters much, you get your duel either way.

"But in any event, I assume you're prepared to trust Destiny on this one?"
“A claim was made against me which I know to be untrue. I trust that the heavens will bring the truth to light.” He replied calmly.

“That is why I am here. To ensure that the fog of deception which covers this matter may be dispersed.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Kakita wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 pm
“A claim was made against me which I know to be untrue. I trust that the heavens will bring the truth to light.” He replied calmly.

“That is why I am here. To ensure that the fog of deception which covers this matter may be dispersed.”
"Putting a lot of faith in swinging a sharpened piece of steel, Kakita-san. But I suppose we all trust in what we're good at."

He picked up some incense for the shrine and lit it.

"For example, I find I put a lot of trust in rambling at great length at people about half my age. Still. Seems a bit of an ominous note for court, hm? Especially given something a bit... familiar in the air this morning."

Nozomi's right, we did our work in the South too well. There are maybe six or seven of us in the entire Capital who might recognize it.

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:01 pm

“The air is never empty Jiyo-sama. One can be buffeted by the winds… or float aloft them. Whatever comes… we will be ready for it. None of us are alone.”

He turned to look at the old man, “If I have confidence in anything it is that. I am bolstered by the knowledge that there are good people around me… Ones wiser and more capable in dealing with things I cannot.”

He looked briefly towards the approaching princess before orienting himself back towards the shrine, “Me… all I know is I will do my part. That will be enough.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 pm

"Kakita-san, Jiyo-san, it is a good morning to see you both," she said kindly.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Kakita bowed with the proper respect towards Dojihime.

“Good morning Lady Doji.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Sora likewise greeted her politely.

Well. Politely for Sora. He really was trying.

"Doji-san, good morning. I am sorry to have missed your clan's play last night- I had to adjust my schedule somewhat- but since I would have brought my children, I'm glad that they didn't witness that... outburst."

He bowed again.

"But enough about that. Has Inari-no-kami blessed you today?"

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:18 pm

“It was a regrettable moment, but the response was good and the courtly whispers seemed to approve with their disapproval,” she said sweetly.

“I have been so blessed Jiyo-san, and I pray you and yours are so blessed. To that end I wonder if you would mind playing courier to your dear children? I have some gifts for them,” she offered.
Kakita wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:05 pm
Kakita bowed with the proper respect towards Dojihime.

“Good morning Lady Doji.”
"I pray you are well, Kakita-san," she said warmly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:21 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:18 pm
“To that end I wonder if you would mind playing courier to your dear children? I have some gifts for them,” she offered.
"I live to serve, Doji-san, especially where my children are concerned."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:26 pm

Kakita bowed politely, “I am well. Thank you for your concern. I would not put too much weight on the whisperings of the court. I’m sure your play was excellently portrayed and well received.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:27 pm

“I had hoped to offer these last night but, fortune has brought us together now. By the time of the draw-lot play I was… well you were there it was a wild event and had not brought them with me. You have a future as an actor, I must say,” she beamed.

“For your twins, I have a beautifully crafted mirror, it was a gift from my mother when I was young and it has served me well. For the other I have a beautiful calligraphy set in case one wishes to follow your steps as a sage. For the youngest I had this wooden tiger from Seppun Dawei, it seems it is time to pass it on. The detail is lifelike,” she offered.

The servants presented the gifts to Sora.
Kakita wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:26 pm
Kakita bowed politely, “I am well. Thank you for your concern. I would not put too much weight on the whisperings of the court. I’m sure your play was excellently portrayed and well received.”
"I am humbled by your words," she said with a nod.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 pm

The Crane have a thing they do with gifts... ah. Right.

"Doji-san, these are delightful, truly, but surely there must be some worthier destination for them? Perhaps for your sister's children, or even your own, someday?"

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 pm
The Crane have a thing they do with gifts... ah. Right.

"Doji-san, these are delightful, truly, but surely there must be some worthier destination for them? Perhaps for your sister's children, or even your own, someday?"
"You are a living hero, there is none worthier, and your children will be great as well," she offered again.

"I pray these humble gifts are fitting you and your children."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:34 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm
"You are a living hero, there is none worthier, and your children will be great as well," she offered again.

"I pray these humble gifts are fitting you and your children."
Crap, how do I refuse graciously a second time...

"Ah, but Doji-san, you offer the heirlooms of your own honored family, including one from your divine mother, no less. Surely they should be kept within your family?"

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:36 pm

"My mother has always sought to bridge relationships, I cannot honor her if I do any less. She would be pleased to know such gifts were going to such lovely children," she offered once more.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:02 am

"Then how could I refuse a gracious gift, graciously offered?"

Sora bowed.

"I am certain the children will be delighted."

Current Theme