The Deep And The Dark (D6. Early Night. Invite Only)

Togashi Satsuki

Re: The Deep And The Dark (D6. Early Night. Invite Only)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:33 pm

"You don't know your own jailkeeper? Don't make me laugh," she said, following it up with giggles anyway. "I won't let you keep me trapped in this dream, monsters! How dare you wear the faces of those I know?!" Her laughter quickly transformed into rage, and she took a deep breath, the dragon tattoo moving across her skin as wildly as her mind was working.

[Characters have one action they may take. If Satsuki is not stopped, we will go to initiative.]
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:43 pm

Sora moved in to give his niece a hug.

A firm one.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:57 pm

As Jiyo Sora tried to grapple Satsuki, lame dragon ishiken Yatsufusa, approached her as quick as possible while concentrating on the beyond of reality. It was a quick move and the eyes and mouth of Yatsufusa started to shine as the energies from the void concentrated on his palm.

He approached the princess and gently tries to touch her and erase her condition, giving her calmness and harmony, transpassing his void to her...

[OOC-Rolls]

Moving to touch Satsuki
Casting Void Caress to erase Lord's Moon Curse for 2 minutes. 1 CR (+1 minute), 1 VP - 29|Pass [TN15, 1 CR, 1VP]

4/10 Wounds
1/4* Void Points left
*+1 void from Lord Moon Curse
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:00 pm

Nozomi moved immediately as she saw Satsuki, Sora and others preparing. Rather than grabbing her tonfa, instead she maneuvered behind her and watched Sora in case he needed assistance. As soon as she saw the Saru move and cast his spell, she got into position, preferably where she was not in the firing range of any breathing just in case that happened again, her hands out and prepared.

"I'm ready to heal anyone injured. Did that work, Saru-sama? Togashi-sama?"

(OOC: Prepared to use Chi Protection to initiate healing if anyone takes injuries. She has 2 Void Points for purposes of healing damage.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:05 pm

The intensity of her look seemed to dim as Yatsufusa touched her, and with her senses momentarily distracted by the shift in mental control, Sora managed to get a good hold on her.

"... I..." she looked around, eyes wide as she tried to get her bearings. "I'm alright. I'm not hurt." As if to prove her wrong, she pressed her hand against her forehead, feeling that the sensation wasn't quite gone, but supressed for now.

"My head hurts, but nothing more than that. What happened?" Green eyes wide, she looked to Hikaru. "... Did it work?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:09 pm

'' The effect has only limited amount of time...'' Yatsufusa said as his hand was bleeding from the cut in order to cast it. '' It will not last for more than a few moments.'' He adds so that the rest would know as well that it was a moment of respite and clarity.

'' Did you remember anything Hime? anything about the letter...'' He would ask the Crane afterwards but first knowing if Satsuki gained any knowledge was priority.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:11 pm

Sitting before Satsuki, as the others prepared for aggression, Ko remains calm. Resting her hands in her lap she looks across to Satsuki. Maybe offering peace to a troubled soul, maybe offering an easy target, Ko was not a woman who considered the latter however. Should it be Satsuki, confused and blinded by that which afflicted her, she would give this affliction no fuel in which to keep her bound to a will not her own. However, should it be something else? An entity entirely beyond her which was in control? There was little she could do in just this brief moment which she had.

When the intensity dimmed, Ko relaxes, but only barely as she remains where she is sitting. Ever watchful for even the slightest turn.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:13 pm

She walked up to the Saru, looking at him and then at Hikaru, one hand out. "Do you require healing?" she said before nodding to the Togashi. "It appears to have worked. But if this is only suppressed, we should hurry, to make sure that you are safely restrained for your own sake." They didn't have much time, so bindings would need to be brought.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:14 pm

Sora maintained hold. Especially in light of Yasufusa's words.

"Hang in there, kid."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:15 pm

"Satsuki-sama..." Hikaru breathed as he rose to his feet, a little unsteady. "It's good that you're... " He trailed off, shaking his head, uncertain of exactly what he meant to say.

"You said many things. Strange things. I cannot make sense of it." He looked at her, his expression strange. "Do you remember? Would you look again?"

He held out the paper once more, but hesitantly, frowning as she touched her forehead. "A moment should be enough."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:25 am

"No..." she shook her head. "No... nothing. It just... I remember meditating, and, it was almost like I fell asleep suddenly. Into a dreamless but troublesome slumber I can't remember."

Looking around, Satsuki could see Ko being as calm and comforting as always. A lake of tranquility in this weird and chaotic moment that were setting her nerves on edge. As she swallowed, she could feel her throat tingling in discomfort, as if she had a throat-burn. Without a word, she reached out a hand for Ko, seeking the familiar woman's own hand, for comfort and support.

Knowing the effect wouldn't be staved off for too long, she wanted that last sensation of feeling safe. Of not feeling afraid. I can't be afraid. Father needs me. Doji needs me. These people need me too...
Theme | Profile

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:32 am

With hand extended, Ko's hand found her ways to Satsuki's as she reached out. With a gentle squeeze she schooched forward so that her knees would even touch against Satsuki's legs. Giving her a brief and warm smile, alongside a quick nod of encouragement. Ko directed the joined hands to rest arms across the legs and lay there, as long as Satsuki needed. Ko wasn't leaving her side for anything.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:40 am

Listening to Satsuki's answer, then Yatsu turned to the Crane. '' Crane-sama, if you please, keep that letter away from Togashi Satsuki-himesama, i think it might be important, but i'm still worried about what effects it could cause to her. Or what she might do to the letter.''

He then turned to the rest. '' Minna-sama, the effects of the void will only last for a while, so it is likely that Togashi Satsuki-himesama will not recognize us in the near future.'' He then turned to Ko and Jiyo Sora, which were close to her. '' Please remain with her, as the effects pass away.''

He had two ideas to solve the conundrum, both involved the letter and the Crane, but now it was imperative that Satsuki was protected and restrained from the effects once the blessing of Onnotangu-no-kami returned to her.

Background

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:53 am

Hikaru closed his eyes a moment, even as he folded the paper away, tucking it back into his kimono. "I see." He murmured. "It's fine. Much was said that we need to consider.

His eyes opened. Hikaru tilted his chin up, his pale eyes determined. "I..." His lips pressed together a moment. "I would like to stay, and help keep watch. If that would be permitted."

He did not know if his somewhat stern vigil would be any comfort to the afflicted Satsuki. But he could not help but try.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:03 am

"You can stay, Hikaru. I trust you," she said, her voice firm even if she did look a bit scared. Looking to all of them, she kept herself steady, not willing to let sin of Fear win. "I trust all of you." Ko could feel her hand squeezing a little.

"Please, be mindful of what I've said, and will say, while the moon takes control of me. It might not be clear now, but when the moon is gone and the sun returns to us in the morning... we might make more sense of it. All of us."

A deep breath, and she knew they wouldn't have much more time. "Hold me down. Gag me if you must. I don't want anyone to be hurt again." This she knew Sora wouldn't hesitate to do. And she trusted Nozomi to be able to do the same, as well as Ko.
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:11 am

"We gotcha, kid. No worries, all right?"

He stayed close.

Current Theme

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:40 am

Ko looks with Satsuki to Hikaru as he's addressed, a brief smile and a nod accompany Satsuki's approval of his staying. Hand holding the young Dragon's with that stability of care. Looking to the others as they were all addressed but finally back to Satsuki, a warm smile worn as she gives a her a brief nod of encouragement. A promise, "No harm will come to anyone here," she gives a brief smile to punctuate the statement. "Nothing that cannot be mended," she adds, another brief smile.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Hikaru looked at her a long moment, still and straight, his expression as serious as always.

Wordlessly, he stepped forward. His hand came up to find Satsuki's shoulder. He gave it a reassuring squeeze, a contrast to the playfully exuberant squeeze she'd given his shoulder earlier that day.

And then, just as wordlessly, he stepped back, still and straight once more.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:53 pm

"I will remain until the effects have passed," Nozomi said calmly, ready to offer any healing if need-be. It was advantageous to have healing that would not require blood letting. But for the moment, she watched the proceedings, listened to everyone, and her eyes narrowed. She pulled out a gag and held it at the ready, in case it was needed. "If we need to make restraints, we will, but only if there is need."

After a moment, she looked over at the Saru and frowned. "So... the touch of the moon enabled this to be seen? That... would mean that this lettering bears some tie to Lord Moon perhaps? That ... makes me concerned in many respects." Because that screamed prophecy to her, and not the kind or level of Jiyo Sora. The kind of prophecy that was absolute and deadly certain, like that of the day of thunder's slow approach, whatever form it took.

She did, however, look at Sora meaningfully. She didn't fill in the blanks, but her eyes were narrowed and the concern very obvious. This wasn't the taint. Or at least it didn't look like it on the surface. This was something else, and yet something none of them knew. They were in uncharted waters again.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:05 pm

Satsuki's eyes grew feverish again, and her head whipped around in a panic seeing so many of them so close. "Get away!"
Theme | Profile