Daily Oblations (D5 EE Open)

Kakita

Daily Oblations (D5 EE Open)

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Kakita returned again to the shrine… once again imploring the Lady Sun for her protection over the realm.

Your children suffer. Use me as you will to ease their suffering…

He stood solemnly in front of the shrine for a long time as he focused his mind on his prayers.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Re: Daily Oblations (D5 EE Open)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:43 pm

The man that had vexed her and her kin was here and she would find the reason for his malicious words and whatever enmity existed between him and her dear brother. After the events of the morning she was not in the best of moods but externally she was calm and pleasant. Her servants waited patiently some steps behind as she allowed Fuyuhime a chance to fly and stretch her wings.

She watched the white raven fly and then held out her arm for it to land lightly and she gently patted her friend and then fed the creature a treat as she waited for the Bat, the dead man given flesh that was once a Crane… that dared to bear the name of a valued tribe.

OOC: Etiquette to be as Cool as a Cucumber: 7d10o10k5+5 37
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:47 pm

After a few minutes the man turned from the shrine and began walking towards the castle before looking ahead and seeing Dojihime waiting nearby.

He nodded his head in deference as he approached and slowed his pace ever so slightly to see if she had come for him.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:50 pm

She smiled at Fuyuhime and then said to the man, “Good evening, Kakita-san, I pray the day finds you well and that my honored grandmother sees fit to answer your prayers. If it pleases you, I would be honored to speak with you if your duties permit.”
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:53 pm

He bowed humbly, “I would be remiss in my duties if I were not able to be courteous with the daughter of Lady Doji. It would be my great honor.”

He raised back up, “Is there something I can assist you with this evening?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:57 pm

She raised her arm and her white raven took flight. She rhen focused on the man and asked, "Who are you?"

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:59 pm

“I am called Kakita. I am an attendant to your cousin Ryoshun Rei.” He replied.

He looked back calmly… internally wondering if perhaps Nanzi’s child was possibly remembering him.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:00 pm

"And also a dead man by some accounts," she responded.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:02 pm

“I’m afraid I have never personally been deceased… despite what accounts may have been concocted by others suggest.” He replied.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:05 pm

"You were a Crane once, but now your Duty is to the Bat, that is a truth or is that too a concoction?" She asked.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:19 pm

“A partial truth. I was once honored to be welcomed into the followers of the Lady Doji. My father an advisor to yours… I a pupil of your father’s dojo. I was granted a name by your father at my gempukku… I shared his name and held it in high regard.” He replied.

“I swore to defend your mother and those who follow her… and that Duty I keep with me despite circumstances which separated me from her followers.”

He paused, “I was tasked with combatting a monster which was plaguing those under Lord Nanzi’s protection. My task resulted in an extended absence from my homelands… When I returned I was informed that Nanzi Hayaku was dead… as was his father… and I, who once held that name, was no longer welcome because… that man was dead. My protests went to one Nanzi Tikizi, a magistrate under your brother-in-law’s direction. I’m afraid my appeal was denied… though I do not know the reasons why. I was told to leave… and so I did.”

He continued, “The name I held was granted by your father’s authority and those bearing that authority denied me its use. As such, I returned to being called what I had been as a child… and my father before me… and his father before him. Lady Nazo was kind enough to offer me her hospitality when I arrived in her lands. And I serve to protect her daughter in payment for her generosity.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:33 pm

She listened carefully and then said, “I recall these names and they are dead, but you say you survived this and still bear fealty to my family in your heart. That must lead to a complicated life as the needs of the Bat may not always coincide with such a path.”

“Not that I suspect any conflict with the servants of Ryoshun-no-kami.”

She held out her arm again for the raven to land and then said, “You have my apologies that you were denied so… completely. You speak with Sincerity, but still even so, that does not explain the enmity that I sense between you and my dear brother. Or at least a history of some sort, though it could explain your attention given to my sister.”

Dojihime focused on her pet and added to the man, “You mentioned my mother’s condition at court, what exactly are you aware of, and how are you aware of it.”

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:44 pm

He tilted his head slightly as he thought of all the things brought up.

“I’m afraid I’m not able to speak as to why you may have sensed some animosity between your brother and I. He approached me at court and I attempted to have a polite conversation with him… but it appears our opinions did not align as well as one might hope. I meant no offense to you or your brother when expressing my thoughts. I assure you there is no issue regarding your sister which would cause friction between me and any member of your house. I hold both you and your sister in the highest regard and would never do anything untoward to either of you.”

He bowed politely, “As for your mother… I once knew her well and my sister served at her side. It seemed unlikely that she would miss such an auspicious occasion were it not for circumstances beyond her control. When I had heard an illness kept her at home from Doji Hikaru, I assumed it to be the truth. I know Hikaru-san to be a man of honor who cares deeply for your mother.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:05 pm

“His drive to assist my mother clouds his reason and good judgment but he has no shortage of courage and loyalty,” she responded calmly. She raised a brow at the words about her brother but felt that if there was something there that was his business as long as he did not press it to the detriment of her people.

“I believe his words may be exaggerated to the extent of her condition but I cannot fault his motivation. We are as a Clan looking into the matter and I am dealing with it personally from here on out, I am thankful for Hikaru’s efforts but this matter needs a more deft touch, especially at Court.”

Dojihime continued, “I would be appreciative if you refrain from speaking of her condition in public as whispers tend to grow from even the most innocuous wof words. I would be thankful of your discretion on this matter from this point forward.”

The Crane heiress finished with, “If so, perhaps we can work together to rectify this matter so close to our hearts.”

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 pm

He bowed politely, “I have spoken to no other concerning your mother’s condition. I mentioned it only to you because I hoped that expressing my feelings of support would be an expression of admiration for your mother. My Lady Ryoshun Rei, has been counseled for her insight by Hikaru-san but we only ever wish to aid in your mother’s recovery. I assure you. I will maintain discretion concerning her condition.”

He looked to Doji’s heir and nodded, “I am sure that together we will be able to find a way to resolve this issue. Know that I have never wavered from my devotion to protect your mother and those she cares for. The only reason I bear this name is that I remain devoted to those who once were part of the tribe’s well-being. Those who provide for them and watch over them will find an ally in me should it be required.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:25 pm

She sighed heavily finally letting out some of the tension in her being and responded, "Then we are thankful to the Bat, thank you."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:29 pm

He shook his head politely and bowed deeply, “Your thanks is beyond a simple man such as myself. I am sorry that my condolences could be used by others in any way beyond my intent. I will be sure to remain circumspect in all my dealings.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 pm

"In truth it is that I was made a liar by ignorance which vexes me," she said honestly.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:42 pm

He raised himself up to his normal height, “Not even the very wise know all things. We act in a way consistent with what we know. I only ever saw your words as one of a honorable and loving daughter. You are a woman of great power and responsibility. To doubt the intentions of others is good practice… but Honesty can help cast aside the darkness which ignorance or deception can bring.”

He paused, “I have nothing but admiration for the woman you are and will become with time.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:51 pm

"That is an overly kind assessment, Kakita-san. I strive for Honesty, but as one that speaks for the lives of so many distrust... skepticism, is a better word, yes a healthy skepticism is useful to make sure the needs of my Clan and families are seen to," she responded.

"I envy the simplicity of your philosophy and being, I pray that no darkness diminishes that."