[Day 3, Late Afternoon] Outnumbered and Outflanked (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 3, Late Afternoon] Outnumbered and Outflanked (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:21 am

"Nothing too formal as of yet. Phi's studying the scrolls with her mother a lot... might be something there. Shirayuki... I swear she wants to do crazy physical stuff like the Togashi do, but she's likewise been a bit... self-taught."

He crooked a grin.

"Soryu, on the other hand, is already trying to be like me. The folly of youth... but if I can steer him to the Jiyo bushi school, he'll have a healthier life than I did as a young man."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:27 am

Gusai nods.

"Self-taught can be good," he notes, "as can apprenticing. And I've seen how well a couple of my cousins've progressed in more...structured?...training. One of them's studying with Seppun Youko, does a lot of hunting in the southern mountains."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 am

Sora grinned.

"I knew a Seppun hunter once. One of the best men I've ever met, as it happens. If Youko's half as capable, your cousin's in good hands."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:38 am

"I believe she's the expected successor," Gusai agrees. "There'd been some talk that she might accompany the young lord and the Lady Hantei--but I ended up with that honor."

He shrugs. "Strange how things work out, sometimes."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:44 am

"Something to be said for a trustworthy captain, hm?"

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:25 pm

Another shrug.

"On deck, I'm master," Gusai says. "Off of it, I have my masters, as do we all. A few more layers of them for me than you, I think--but then, I've not got the experience you've got."

He considers briefly, then adds, "Speaking of, how much of that experience runs to jiujutsu?"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:49 pm

Sora's face.. twitched slightly.

He was remembering a guy from some tribe- he couldn't remember which one. Remembered the shocked look on his face as he clutched at his throat. Rememebered feeling the man's- boy, really, they'd all been so young back then- windpipe crumpling under his hand. And then he'd picked his dagger-axe back up, and....

"I know a bit. Not a lot, it was never my primary focus, but... sometimes I had to improvise."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Gusai nods. He's felt that twitch, himself. Never do know what will trigger it.

"Thought I'd let you know we're hosting an event based in it tomorrow," he says, then grins. "Might be good to show the whippersnappers what's what."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:54 pm

"Or maybe some young up and comer will defeat someone they've heard stories about." He grinned. "But a chance to shove around people half my age, and blame my failures on the passage of time? What old man could turn that down?"

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Dojihime nodded, not sure of the appeal but it could be something to see.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 pm

"I'll hope to see you there, then," Gusai says. "Both of you."

He bows.
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 pm

"Hm, will Doji-san be demonstrating an aptitude for unarmed combat, or simply observing?"

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:07 pm

Gusai turns to await the Crane's answer.
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:38 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 pm
"Hm, will Doji-san be demonstrating an aptitude for unarmed combat, or simply observing?"
"I assure you the Doji Maiden Technique is quite versatile, Jiyo-sama," she responded coyly.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:38 pm
"I assure you the Doji Maiden Technique is quite versatile, Jiyo-sama," she responded coyly.
"Especially when it comes to not answering a blunt question bluntly."

He grinned.

"I look forward to seeing the answer when the time comes."

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm

Where was the fun in being direct, when the dance had only just begun. Mother would be proud if she was capable of such emotions. She smiled faintly at herself and said, "If time allows then perhaps I will see the great Jiyo-sama in battle. This is a battle or duel of sorts , yes, big sweaty samurai limbs a flailing, with modicum blood and bruising?"

The question was directed to any who wish to answer.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:49 pm

"Bruising more than blood," Gusai replies, "although split lips and broken noses happen." He shrugs. "The same is true of most vigorous exercises, really. People moving in groups often run into one another, or bump, sometimes forcefully, sometimes otherwise."

Another shrug. "But enduring discomfort's good for a samurai, right?"
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:56 pm

"Service to one's Lord is good for a Samurai," was her only response.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:56 pm

"Oh, seeing me in battle is very different from a sporting contest with people I don't wish ill... but I suppose we'll see."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 pm

"Entirely optional, of course," Gusai notes, "though I imagine people would be cheered by seeing famous faces in the crowd."
Otomo Gusai