[Day 3, Late Afternoon] Outnumbered and Outflanked (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 3, Late Afternoon] Outnumbered and Outflanked (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:32 am

What the hell am I doing back here?

It wasn't like his previous prayer- truculent as it had been- had shown any signs of getting answered, but...

But I think I'm going to need all the allies I can get.

So Jiyo Sora returned to the Temple of Amaterasu.

All right old girl. I know we're not friends, but how about I offer an update? Seems only right if I'm going to be asking for help.

We've got unnatural weather, animals acting strangely, and now I've voiced my suspicions to two others, meaning I- and to an extent, my family- are at the mercy of the discretion of a cryptic lunatic obsessed with destiny and a proud Crane popinjay.

So things could be better.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Dojihime

Re: [Day 3, Late Afternoon] Outnumbered and Outflanked (Expecting)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:36 am

Grandmother’s temple felt welcoming to the young Crane as she approached with only a minimal retinue of servants. Seeing the Imperial already at prayer she decided to wait before speaking, it was the polite thing to do and a Crane should always err on the side of politeness.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:51 am

And to cap it all off, we're all having to be circumspect because of rules imported from your friggin' Realm, since we all have to mind our manners instead of just making a move.

And then...

Ah. I'm not alone. I could take this as a sign you're sending me, but given who it seems to be... are you telling me to piss off? Because I could see that, I really could...

He clapped his hands, rose, and bowed in greeting to the Crane.

"Doji-san. Good afternoon. I trust your day goes well?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 am

"Most honored hero, Jiyo Sora of the Imperial Families, there are few that could be considered a living legend," she said kindly.

"It is not my intent to interrupt your prayers."
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:15 am

Shit. Which one is she? She's not the Nanzi heir, since she just got married, but she's here and...

He mentally reviewed what he'd seen of the guest list.

"Doji Dojihime-san, it is no interruption. My... piety is as unpolished as my manners, and often just as abrupt."

He half-smiled.

"And as you have a family connection to this temple that I do not, I would say your presence couldn't truly be an interruption. Have you been well during your stay with us so far?"

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:37 am

So this is the place the Seppun attends, Gusai thinks as he, arriving, looks with his one eye around the facility, a small bottle and cup in hand. But if it's good enough for her to pilgrimage to annually, I can hardly not pay my respects.

And then he sees the others in the shrine, and he stops suddenly, bowing.

The stories of Jiyo Sora are...compelling.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:30 pm

"The Imperial families have been the epitome of pleasant and accommodating. Thank you," she offered.

"In truth meeting you was something of a personal mission of mine, and I am humbled to stand in your presence."

Dojihime finished with a greeting to Gusai, "Greetings Otomo-san."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:34 pm

Gusai straightens.

"And to you, Doji-sama, and to Jiyo-sama, as well.

"Pardon me; I didn't mean to intrude."
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:38 pm

"A handsome scion of the Stag is always welcome among the Crane," she said kindly.

"Please be at ease, unless Jiyo-san objects?" The Crane heiress said fluttering her fan with flourish.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 pm

"I would be a very poor host to object to the presence of a guest in a place that is sacred to the Empire."

He bowed to the Otomo, then turned his attention back to the Crane.

"And I hope that the meeting lives up to your expectations, Doji-san."

Stag AND Crane. Lovely. So many manners to keep track of if I want to avoid causing a scene...

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:46 pm

No tension there, Gusai thinks as he nods to Sora. None at all.

"I came to pay my respects, truly," he says, "and to leave a little bit. That's all."

He holds up the bottle and cup.

"If Jiyo-sama knows where I ought to do so?"
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 pm
"I would be a very poor host to object to the presence of a guest in a place that is sacred to the Empire."

He bowed to the Otomo, then turned his attention back to the Crane.

"And I hope that the meeting lives up to your expectations, Doji-san."

Stag AND Crane. Lovely. So many manners to keep track of if I want to avoid causing a scene...
“It has, and if Jiyo-san has a moment perhaps this one could turn his ear with something that has come to mind,” she teased.

“Knowing what I have heard of your exploits and reputation you seemed the obvious choice to bring this matter to.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:46 pm
"I came to pay my respects, truly," he says, "and to leave a little bit. That's all."

He holds up the bottle and cup.

"If Jiyo-sama knows where I ought to do so?"
"Hm. I think that leaving an offering near the altar might not be taken amiss, but I confess that this is not a temple I visit with great regularity..."

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 pm
“It has, and if Jiyo-san has a moment perhaps this one could turn his ear with something that has come to mind,” she teased.

“Knowing what I have heard of your exploits and reputation you seemed the obvious choice to bring this matter to.”
"Which exploits would we be speaking of?" He seemed amused. "At my age, Doji-san, keeping one's varied deeds and their equally varied outcomes in order can sometimes be a bit of a chore."

But I rather doubt you're going to ask about the time I pissed on Hida's wall.

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 pm

Gusai nods to Sora and proceeds to do just that, setting the cup in place and pouring the contents of the bottle into it.

He sits silently before the offering. He's not really good at this, you know.
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:11 pm

"Your role in establishing the Empire, finding a place serving Shiba-dono, long may he reign. And of course, aiding in the rescue of the Spider Champion... to name a few," she said calmly.

"Warrior, seer, and sage; you leave a large shadow."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 pm

"I had plenty of help every time I did something that worked out well, Doji-san, so any shadow I cast is probably enhanced by the people I stood beside. But fair enough. What troubles you that you'd look for me?"

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 pm
"I had plenty of help every time I did something that worked out well, Doji-san, so any shadow I cast is probably enhanced by the people I stood beside. But fair enough. What troubles you that you'd look for me?"
“It is not a trouble but an idea… one that I feel could enhance the input of the Clans in the affairs of the Empire and set a precedent of shared responsibility. The Empire is and will become a vast entity supported by the work of the Imperial families and the Clans that serve them guided by the wisdom of the Divine Throne, yet even the wisest of us cannot know all ten thousand things in creation,” she offered with a wan smile.

“Each Clan brings specialties and knowledge that create a vast and cohesive tapestry that this one feels could be utilized directly by the Throne. A council of sages and champions who can give input on the running of the Empire and advocate for the needs of the Clans directly while still allowing for the supremacy of the Emperor. No such thing currently exists but this one has a proposed framework for how it could run, to better bring the voices of the many to the running of the Empire.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:55 pm

He arched an eyebrow.

"I wasn't aware the Emperor's siblings had any difficulty in presenting their input for his consideration."

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:55 pm
He arched an eyebrow.

"I wasn't aware the Emperor's siblings had any difficulty in presenting their input for his consideration."
"You misunderstand, for now that can suffice but a farmer who does not change his planting techniques with the season will soon find a fallow field. They will not live forever, and the bonds of family are strong but in time a more purposeful mechanism would serve best in the long term. This would be more than just words, this would serve as a balancing mechanism for the Clans and Empire."

"If the idea has merit in your esteemed eyes I would gladly discuss it further with you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:15 pm

He worked his jaw around and glanced at the Otomo.

"I would hope that any and all successors among the various Champions- may those days be a long time in coming!-would surround themselves with able advisers, and use that to shape their proposals to the throne. But it sounds like you have something more... direct in mind."

Current Theme