[D3, EE] Honorable Ancestors

Hantei Kinsen

[D3, EE] Honorable Ancestors

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:31 pm

Being able to watch the last few moments of Lady Sun during the day from her own temple was indeed a blessing. Kinsen takes the moment to offer her thankful prayers for all that has happened, and ask blessings for her children and husband. She even loses notion of time as she had sent a message earlier in the day to further discuss the Spiritual realm with a young Saru she met another day.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Re: [D3, EE] Honorable Ancestors

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Slowed, as always, due to his leg, thee young dragon appeared.

Before approaching Kinsen, he bowed to the temple itself as a sign of respect for the sacred grounds. He was after all, a priest of the kami and fortunes.

Once that was done, Yatsufusa approached the honored woman.

'' Hantei Kinsen-sama. It is a honor to meet you again. This one hopes that you had been blessed today?'' He asked politely.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Kinsen bows to the Saru and opens a smile. "Indeed I have been blessed. Twice in fact. Thank you for the concern, Saru-san. How has the light of Lady Sun blessed you today?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 pm

'' Indeed it has, thanks for asking.'' He replied.

''Before we delve into more spiritual matters, Hantei-sama, let me offer you my thanks for the event that you most honored clan organized yesterday. This one had a very good time.'' He added politely. '' It was truly a fascinating experience.''
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:37 pm

Kinsen's cheek does blush a bit as she hears the compliment. She lowers her bow a tad more and says, "Saru-san is too kind. I was merely trying to ease the moods a bit. Most think of the Stag as stoic and all too serious, but that's not always the case. Under special circumstances, such as marriages and similar events like this court, we do take pride in providing warmth and closeness with the other Families. I am humbled by your words."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:16 pm

'' This one has the belief that such ocassions should be shared more often.'' Yatsufusa adds. '' While certainly it should happen on special ocassions, beauty, expression and cordiality should be a daily ocurrence rather than only limited to some moments. After all, without nurturing, the garden will wither away, and without these events, ningen relationship would not linger.'' He said.

'' but what do i know? i'm just a simple ningen, among many in a sea of posibilities.'' He chuckled a bit. '' So most likely i'm wrong.''

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 pm

"One has to try nonetheless. Being wrong is a good path to learn how to do right, most of the times." Kinsen says, "Do not lessen yourself when you have great contributions to provide others with."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Yatsufusa bowed again as he listened to Kinsen's words, as a sign of respect.

'' So, these spirits Hantei Kinsen-sama told me about the other day...'' He began. '' Could you explain me a bit of your background in order to see if there are some things that i could do or know about it.''

'' You see Hantei-sama, i do possess some spiritual connections, a strange gift that it is only given to a few.'' He told her. '' I can visit other realms by projecting my soul and interact with spirits that inhabit those places.''

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:27 am

"Visit other realms..." She analyzes his from top to bottom once again, "That should be a very interesting experience."

Kinsen then closes her eyes, and explains, "My background. Alright. I was born ini the northern mountains. My mother is told to be a Komainu: an ancient shape-changing soul that ruled this world before even humans came to be. It is said they held all elements together under control. That they were the essence of Void, and that they preferred to assume feral forms, like those of huge predators... like lions. I've never met my mother. Father said she returned to her own people after delivering me to the tribe."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:57 pm

'' Hmmm...'' Yatsufusa thought for a moment.

'' Like i said the other day, Spirits do mingle with humans from time to time...'' He paused. '' It is not a common occurrence, but it does happen. If i might ask you a question, Hantei-sama, do you have, or more specifically can you use any powers that you don't know how to explain, and that are not part of a ningen's normal capacity and capabilities?'' He asked.

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:02 pm

She swallows dry...

Then, she looks up to the statue of Amaterasu-kami for a brief moment and back to Yatsufusa.

"What if I did?" She finally asks.

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:11 pm

'' Well, it depends.'' He said to her. '' I'm not so sure of the capabilities which a komainu could do so, but spiritual powers are varied. Some could be as 'mundane' as having a deep connection to some of the realms, like Chikushudo, others could be like a part of your soul is embedded with their power.'' He explained to her.

'' Others could be more extreme, like having the capacity to speak to animals, spirits, ghosts, or maybe some supernatural abilities. It varies.''

'' For example, my parent's former tribe, the Ayakashi, were deeply tied to Chikushudo. Many of our ancestors had the power of talking to animals or other spirits from that realm. I, inherited some powers from my ancestors and, for example, i have a deeper connection with animals than a normal ningen has.'' He adds.

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 pm

"Is that so..." Kinsen tilts her head a bit to ask, "Do you know how to speak... eto... bear?"

A shrug, and she adds another piece of valuable information, "White bear?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:19 pm

'' Unfortunately not directly. I could use the power of the elements to speak with one though.'' He said to her. '' White bear? sounds like an interesting creature, never seen one of that color.''

'' But if it is a creature of this world, i could indeed talk to it, with a bit of help from the elements, and if that is not possible, for some reason i could still try to communicate in a more rudimentary way.'' He adds.

[OOC]

*Yatsufusa is child of chikushudo, has animal handling, can importune for air spells specifically Nature's Touch, and i have Awareness 5. Among other things.

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:25 pm

"I should mention these skills of yours to the Imperial Consort and Jyio Sora-san. Earlier today we found a huge white bear nearby the outskirts of the castle. The creature has defended her cubs and ended up confronting villagers. It would be good to communicate and perhaps convince the creature to move elsewhere."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:32 pm

'' Hmmm...'' He wondered.

'' Was it really a bear, Hantei Kinsen-sama?'' He asked. '' I mean, from what you are telling me, it could had been a normal bear, but, a white one?'' He was doubting that this would be a normal bear. '' Perhaps it is more than just a normal bear. Perhaps it is a spirit. Maybe even the protector of this region.''

'' If is a spirit, then maybe i could talk to it directly, on Chikushudo. And even if it a normal but special bear, perhaps i could contact a spirit from that realm that could explain more about it.'' He was thinking on the possibilities. '' Oh, right, i didn't explain to you, hai, i can separate spiritually my soul and move it through the different spiritual realms. A rare spiritual ability.''

[OOC]

Yatsufusa is also medium

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:47 pm

She nods, "Someone did tell me you could travel around realms... I can't quite remember who, now." She's honest about forgetting who.

"I might be able to take you there if there's permission from the court or guard." Kinsen mentions and remembers, "If that bear is indeed a spirit, would it know more about my spirit ancestors –– I would really like to give my children more insights about where I came from, and the legacy they carry."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 pm

'' I would be honored to serve.'' He said to her. '' One of my duties, and one that i take very seriously, is to find balance between spirits, ningen and other creatures of this world. If by any means i could help into discovering more about such a fascinating creature then i would gladly be there should i would be allowed, Hantei Kinsen-sama.'' He said.

'' And if we could find more about your past heritage and your ancestors i think it is a worthy thing to do.'' He adds.

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:17 am

"Un!" She nods fiercely. "What do I need to do, then, to facilitate this endeavor?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:07 pm

'' Not much, really. '' He replied. '' Information about your ancestor's would be more or less what i need. Perhaps some sort of item that would allow me to delve more deeply into your past, but that is optional.'' He adds.

Background