Prayers for Daughters (D2 LA Closed)

Kakita

Prayers for Daughters (D2 LA Closed)

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Kakita traversed the snowy path towards the shrine as the Sun Goddess was near her apex in the sky. His mind weighed heavily upon the events of the morning. The Lady Doji's worsening condition as explained by Hikaru built up a fierce fire within him... Of all the beings in existence surely her mother must be feeling as he did.

He stood with his eyes closed for many minutes in the cold... his breath measured as he felt the flow of fire coursing through his veins. His center was hard to locate amidst the increasing blaze within him.

Eventually he looked up to the main hall of the shrine.

Allow me the strength to help your family... Light the way... and I will follow through to whatever end.

----

D2 LA Meditation: 5d10o10k4 18 (No Void Points for You!)
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Re: Prayers for Daughters (D2 LA Closed)

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Another figure crunched up through the snow, managing a graceful and steady pace despite the continued blowing wind and snow. Soon, Ananzihime came into view next to him as she shook the snow off her umbrella, stepping under the shrine's roof. She made her prayer, seeming to ring the bell a little more than strictly necessary before she did so.

Once she was finished, they were left side by side, looking up at the shrine. Ananzihime's face was unreadable, aside from a small amount of tightness around the corners of her lips.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Benten's Blessing | Soft-Spoken | Nanzi Family Heir | Bride of Hadananzi

Honor: 6.5, Status: 6.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:56 pm

Kakita opened his eyes at the end of his plea... and turned his gaze slowly to the granddaughter of the being he had just implored for help.

"Good afternoon, Nanzi-sama..." Was all he could think to say.

His mind wondered if she would remember his face... hers was one he could hardly forget. He was a different man than when he would see them nearby during his training as a youth.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:17 pm

She turned and bowed to him. Now that he was really looking at her, he could see the tiredness and worry that sat just behind her eyes. It was subtle, because Doji had always drilled courtesy and not causing concern for others into her children, but strong enough that even someone like Ananzihime couldn't hide it completely.

"Good afternoon... Kakita-san, ne?" She tilted her head slightly to the side. "Forgive me if this is a strange question, Kakita-san, but have we met before yesterday?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Benten's Blessing | Soft-Spoken | Nanzi Family Heir | Bride of Hadananzi

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Kakita was struck by the question... and had difficulty replying right away.

"In a previous life... perhaps in passing." He replied politely with a hint of nostalgia lingering in the air.

"I once was quite close to a follower of Lady Doji. A woman you may have met during your years of training. She was a poet. The daughter of a chief... Her name was Doji Kiyamori. I believe I may have seen you with her long ago." He continued.

"Congratulations... on your wedding. It was a truly beautiful ceremony." He could sense the worry in her eyes, which then seemed to pull on him gently.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:44 pm

She put her hands together, eyes widening a little, the worry clearing from them temporarily. "Ah, Kiyamori-chan!" She looked away, slightly embarrassed. "My apologies for the outburst." Not that it could even really qualify as that. "But... You knew her. Have you heard anything of her?"

"Oh... Yes, thank you. Despite her having to stay home, my mother made the arrangements."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:52 pm

He shook his head slowly, "Unfortunately I have not... I keep hope that she is well."

The worry that disappeared from the princess' eyes seemed to flow into Kakita's, "Your mother... is a truly great woman. I remember as a child... she came to our village. She gave us all such hope."

He then smiled softly, "You looked so much like her yesterday... My image of her in my mind."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:20 pm

She lowers her head, nodding softly. "I... hope so, too. She just said that she had something she needed to find one. I have not seen her since, I am afraid."

"She is. She fille-s the world with beauty and hope wherever she goes." At the compliment, she lowered her eyes with a soft smile and put her hand on her cheek. "Thank you, Kakita-san. I cannot hope to bring as much light to the Empire as a Kami, but I try to embrace the spirit she showed."

She looked up at the shrine again, letting out a sigh under her breath, unnoticeable to anyone unused to the subtleties of the Crane.

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:33 pm

He followed her gaze towards the shrine. He paused for a long moment to not impede the lady’s thoughts.

“We all must do our part. That is all we are required to do.” He took a deep breath in subtly.

“And for your part… you have every reason to be confident in fulfilling your role. I have had opportunity to observe the children of the kami, you and your cousins… You are noble and good. There is strength in you not only from your heritage… but in who you all are as individuals.” He spoke confidently.

“You are not alone. There are many who are here to play their parts. Together… anything can be overcome.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:36 pm

She closed her eyes and nodded, smiling with a little more confidence. Her eyes on him are warm. "Thank you, Kakita-san. You're right, of course."

"Were you here formally as a wedding guest, or are you here on other business, if I may ask?

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:22 am

"I came to accompany your cousin Ryoshun Rei and ensure that she was able to make the long journey to the capital safely." He replied, still speaking kindly.

"I am but a blade... to help protect those under Amaterasu's watchful protection."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:06 am

"Ah, yes. I am so glad she was able to come. The lands of the Bat can be quite harsh in the winter." She turned and bowed a little to Kakita. "Thank you for keeping my cousin safe and well. She is truly unlike anyone else I have ever met."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm

“She is an exceptional young woman, even if she does not fully realize her own potential.” He replied.

“Being the child of a kami is not an easy path.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:44 pm

"Yes... That is true..." She frowned a little.

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 pm

“I realize this may be an unusual question… but is there anything you are in need of?” He asked.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:53 am

She gave him a small smile. "Nothing is troubling me that can be solved right now. I appreciate company, though, so if you wished to speak again I would like that."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:26 pm

He bowed respectfully, “As you wish Lady Nanzi. I am honored.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:53 am

She returned the bow. "Have a good evening, Kakita-san." With that, she stepped back and made her exit.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:54 am

He bowed politely and watched her go in silence…

/scene

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-