Sunshine on a Cloudy Day (D1, LA Open)

Kakita

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day (D1, LA Open)

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:58 pm

Kakita traversed the path towards the main hall of the shrine with gentle steps. The man seemed almost to float at times... so nimble he was on his feet. The growing cold pressed down on his outer coats as soft streams of sunlight pushed through the gathering celestial haze.

Shrine attendants were already no doubt busily preparing the entire area for the festivities later that night, but Kakita ignored any other humans for the time being. He came directly to the fore of the main shrine and looked intently up the steps toward the inner abode of the kami-body.

Please guide me towards the path which will help your children... I serve the heavens. Allow me to be your blade on earth to defend those whom your children defend for the time that I am granted in this life. I know it is improper to ask of you for personal requests. So I pray only for the preservation of the realm. I will stand for the realm in any place you guide me.

He bowed his head and gently clapped his hands softly before raising his eyes again to the wooden residence of the Sun Goddess’ essence.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Re: Sunshine on a Cloudy Day (D1, LA Open)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:10 pm

Kinsen had just finished her lengthy silent prayer to the grandmother of her blessed children, and in her way back, she notices the pious man raising his eyes up to the kamiza. The tall Stag provides a gentle nod to him, and moves a bit to the side so she doesn't block the sight.

"Such good warmth Lady Sun gives us, no?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:32 pm

He turned gently towards the sound. He then bows his head respectfully. "She gives us much. Even her own children to guide us."

He paused a moment before asking, "You are the Lady Kinsen, no? It is an honor to meet you. I am called Kakita."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:18 pm

"Indeed, she does. I am specially grateful for sacrifices she makes for us." The tall woman tilts her head for a moment upon hearing his name and then bows, "An honor to meet someone carrying this name. Please do treat me kindly."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:02 pm

"Please be kind to me as well." He said with a low bow.

"You have come for your niece's wedding I may presume?"

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:31 pm

She nods to confirm. "Indeed. I was thanking our Lady Sun for such accomplishment and asked blessing to my own children, too."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:50 pm

He nodded, "I'm sure there are many who would be willing to be tied to such a noble family such as your own. I'm sure your prayer will be answered."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:55 pm

She provides another thankful nod, adding, "The prayer was not based on quantity or will but on character and morals. Yet, I thank Kakita-san for the kind remark."

Getting some fresh air in her lungs, she asks, "May I ask why choosing this special name?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:16 pm

He pondered his response for a moment, "It is a name that has meaning for me. A legacy of those who came before me... I wish to carry it with me forward even as times change, and my lord has been gracious enough to acquiesce to my request."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:48 pm

"I see. If your lord gave you his permission and still vouches for your protection, it is, indeed, a great deed. Congratulations." Kinsen mentions, and adds, "Which makes me wonder, how's my niece faring? I've heard she would arrive for the wedding, too."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:34 am

“She is well. She is anxious to fulfill her duties to her clan and the Emperor.” He said with confidence.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:29 am

"And may I ask how Kakita-san is faring?" She says, looking back to the kamiza. "Does he come for solace or gratitude?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:41 am

“Lady Sun shines on all both worthy and not. I do not come for myself. I merely pray for the realm’s continued protection. And offer my blade for its defense to Lady Amaterasu.” He replied with his eyes back on the residence.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:35 am

"Altruism it is." Kinsen bows once more to Kakita, "I am honored, then, to have met such a humble follower of her children. I imagine this protection will be very welcomed in the days to come, as we grow."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:08 pm

He nodded, “To be altruistic is to be samurai. ‘One who serves’ does not do so for their own advancement. It is to protect others; as the Lady Sun protects us all.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:18 pm

Kinsen smiles, "Not all that serve understand this, unfortunately. I am content that you follow the right path. Your lords will be pleased. I'll convey your name to dear husband. I imagine he would be happy to know that the path he intended for us to follow is bringing such reassuring companions."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:31 pm

He bowed, “You honor me with your words. I hope to prove to be of use to the Emperor and my lord.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:43 pm

"If I may ask. Kakita-san mentioned his blade. Is that figure of speech, or is that indeed his preferred weapon?" Kinsen inquires.

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:48 pm

“It is both.” He replied with a nod.

Lo and behold there was just such a weapon on his person.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 am

"Another similarity dear husband will certainly enjoy. Hantei-kami-dono himself is a swordsman without paragon. No one has ever been able to defeat him with a blade." Unless, of course we consider Togashi during the Kami Tournament. Yet, the Dragon Champion wasn't using a blade.

TN to be recognized is 0