Late Morning Prayer [Day 1, LM, open]

Doji Misaki

Late Morning Prayer [Day 1, LM, open]

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:23 am

Morning rituals out of the way, Misaki made her way to the Temple of Amaterasu. Normally, prayers after breakfast and bathing might have been a bit much, considering the time of prayer and meditation before those things.

However, today was no normal day, and prayers for the Goddess to watch over the new couple seemed both prudent, and right. Making her way inside out of the chill Misaki thanked the heat of the hotsprings from earlier that still stuck with her a bit, even after the chilly walk.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Saru Yatsufusa

Re: Late Morning Prayer [Day 1, LM, open]

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 am

Another one thought the same for this morning. It was after all extremely important to give proper thanks to the Divine Sun, especially during this ocassion.

Slowly limping, a young dragon approaches towards the temple entrace. Before entering he bowed, to no one in particular, but rather to the Temple itself and what it represented. It was a sacred place after all.

Once again the young dragon moves towards to the main shrine. Once there, he bowed again. Then, with difficulty, he tried to get into his knees. Clearly one of his legs was beyond of any use. But even in pain the dragon samurai managed to get into his knees.

Then he bowed from that position, his fronthead to the floor as a sign of utter respect. While keeping silent at all times...
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:17 pm

After she was done with her prayers Misaki sat back up, putting her prayer beads back around her wrist before standing up with a smooth practiced motion. She saw the Saru praying but did not disturb him, instead heading back to the door to the shrine and standing in it, looking out from the dimness of the temple itself out into the speckled sunlight coming between the high, thin clouds.

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:55 pm

The prayers that Yatsu offered were for the safety and hapiness of the new couple. It was proper to ask for that.

After that, Yatsu decided to stand up. Unlike the priestess, that he noticed in the nearby, it took him a bit more of work to do so. He grabbed his walking stick and with great difficulty, he managed to get up. The Saru didn't complain, but it was obvious that it was a difficult process for him to do that.

Then he decided to approach. '' Beautiful, isn't it?'' He said to the unknown priestess as he approached. The sound of his walking stick hitting the floor as he got closer echoed in the temple.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:16 pm

"Very; It seems as if the Goddess herself peeks through the clouds with shining rays on this day."

While the difficulty was obvious, it would be dishonorable to mention it. So Misaki did not.

"I am Misaki of the Doji. I came here to pray for the couple to be, though it seems as though perhaps previous prayers were already heard, with the weather as it is."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:25 pm

'' Hai. '' he adds. '' Even in the darkest of times, it is conforting to know that Amaterasu-no-kamisama is always watching us from the Heavens.'' Yatsu expresed.

Then the lame young man bowed to the Doji. '' It is an honor to meet you Doji Misaki-sama. This one's name is Saru Yatsufusa, a priest of the kami. '' He presented himself to her as well.

Background

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 pm

"Please, Doji-san will do, Saru-san; This one is a humble architect who used to work as a priestess, though not of the kami. My parents were the sort who did fertility dances and the old rituals and such."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:34 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 pm
"Please, Doji-san will do, Saru-san; This one is a humble architect who used to work as a priestess, though not of the kami. My parents were the sort who did fertility dances and the old rituals and such."

'' Ah, i see. Interesting.'' The yound dragon nods, positively. '' An important job, should i add. Both of them, being an architect and a priest.''

'' Proper adoration of the spirits brings prosperity and stability to the world. And through it the balance between the spiritual world and ningen-do is mantained.''

'' Do you still occasionally continue with your parent's traditions, Doji-san?'' He asked about it. He was rather curious about the way of Misaki's parents.

Background

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 pm

"I do indeed. I seek to help the people of the Empire; Sometimes that means following Doji Kakuro-sama's example and improving infrastructure and living conditions. But sometimes it can also mean a kind word, a listening ear, a thoughtful prayer, or a more serious ritual that might appease the Fortunes and will calm the hearts of those suffering from doubt or anxiety. Perhaps not so overtly powerful as something one can do with the kami, or even the gifts monks achieve on their spiritual journeys, but the Fortunes DO listen, if one is devoted enough, I think."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:56 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 pm
"I do indeed. I seek to help the people of the Empire; Sometimes that means following Doji Kakuro-sama's example and improving infrastructure and living conditions. But sometimes it can also mean a kind word, a listening ear, a thoughtful prayer, or a more serious ritual that might appease the Fortunes and will calm the hearts of those suffering from doubt or anxiety. Perhaps not so overtly powerful as something one can do with the kami, or even the gifts monks achieve on their spiritual journeys, but the Fortunes DO listen, if one is devoted enough, I think."
'' Indeed. Spirits live and interact with us, and we interact with them all the time. Whether it is directly or indirectly. A farmer that tends the fields, the fisherman that gathers the bouties of the seas, a kid that plays with a tree wig, all are bound together through the spiritual world.'' Yatsu adds.

'' The fortunes are everywhere and they are always listening to us, for good or bad.'' He chuckles a bit.

'' Improving the livehood is good though. Before the Sons and Daughters of Heavens fell from the skies, there was much pain and unbalance in the world. From what i have been seen in my few years and from what i have heard from my parents and sensei, much has improved since that time. Conflicts are disappearing from the old tribal era, and people seem to be prospering. Although i do have a bit of worry that, by following this new era we are forgetting the old ways. I'm glad that you continue with your parent's traditions, Doji Misaki-san.''

Background

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:31 pm

The woman gave a soft smile and inclined her head, "I like to think we will be able to bring the best of the old in together with the new. Certainly I would not want things going back to how they were; My parents said it used to be dangerous to travel outside of their village growing up, and that all the innovations with prayers and materials and farming techniques... well, life is just much less of a hazard. I have heard some say that such things keep people sharp and make them appreciate life and honor. That improving things too much would make people soft and decadent and such."

A small shrug, "I can't say if they are right or not, but I think that is a poor excuse to shying away from helping people."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:39 pm

'' We think alike then, Doji Misaki-san.'' He nods. '' Indeed bringing prosperity should not be seen as a detriment but rather a complement to the new path that lies in front of us, i would think. The Sons and Daughthers of Heavens have united us and shown us a new way, but we are the ones walking through it.'' Yatsu adds.

''My only hope is that we can keep the balance, not in regard of returning to the era of violence that came before us, but while making these changes, we forget but lies around us and disregard the balance and harmony between ningen and the rest of creatures and spirits that exist.'' He said. '' Although with the Kami's guidance maybe i'm just overreacting and no such thing will occur.''

Background

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:49 pm

"Perhaps... I suppose, like most things, things are both more precarious and less so than we fear at the same time. After all, the sons and daughters of Heaven can only be so many places at the same time. And I cannot say if they will be around forever or not. So it is clear we need to build something that stands the test of time, rather than just thinking in the short term. What the right balance for that is is probably a question no one knows the answer to yet, so we must simply do our best for now, and keep communicating with one another."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:14 am

'' You are aboslutely right, Doji Misaki-san.'' Yatsufusa agreed with everything the woman had said. He took a pause to look the the skies for a moment.

'' So as an architect i assume you had participated in the new construction all around the south, right?...'' He thought for a moment. '' Gomen, still a bit accustomed to being the first time not up in the mountains. That is, you had saw much of the work around the Empire, right?'' He asked politely and with curiosity.

Background

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:12 am

"I suppose you could say that. My travels have been extensive, though not so much at the same time. Certainly a lot of that traveling has been around Lady Doji-sama's lands, helping to cultivate them and the network of farms and towns and roads. Ultimately, there is very little difference between building and sculpting, looking to the forms in nature and finding those things that already have been perfected... and then growing and nurturing them in our own little world of buildings."

A pause, Misaki slightly wrapping her thick linen robes more tightly around herself, "At least that's the vision for the Crane lands. I do not travel as much as I might like because every Clan and Family seems to cultivate their own vision for what stewardship of the land should look like."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:20 am

'' You have travelled more than many i would assume. Certainly more than me, Doji Misaki-san.'' He said to her after listening. '' My life has mostly been confined to my training with my sensei and well this particular ocassion.''

'' But you had gone to many places, even if only through the lands of your clan, it is good, especially given your talents.'' He praised the priestess. '' And of course what you bring to the people.'' He adds.

He wondered of her words. '' In your experience, and taking your words, would you say that is better to nurture things in order to assist them into growing, or would be better to let nature and destiny take its own way of doing things without interveening?'' Yatsufusa asked.

Background

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:24 pm

"I do not believe in fate or destiny, as such. Perhaps there are such things... but we would never know. Whether or not our choices are predetermined or not, I believe we still make them, so it doesn't matter."

A small smile touched her lips, "After all, does destiny lift the food from your bowl to your mouth, or put you to bed each night? Not that I don't get the complexities in what you ask; There is a such thing as too much interfering. After all, while I say we choose what we do at each moment, that doesn't mean we control everything. No amount of decision making or willpower will stop Lady Sun from setting each night, and one cannot simply DECIDE not to starve when going without food. Even then though... I have seen some amazing things done by those with the patience and practice."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Yatsufusa nods. '' Well that is what i would call destiny, Doji Misaki-san.'' He commented. '' Not even the wisest among us could see what would happen even if you can pierce the veil of reality. Destiny is, in my opinion, a predetermined end written for your soul. But what happens in between and what paths you choose to get to that place is what we own as our own decisions.'' He adds.

'' Although that is a theory that has been exposed among some of us, especially those that follow some new ideas coming from certain individuals, i'm not completely sure about it, but if it is true then it would be a beautiful thing indeed.'' Yatsu looked at the skies.

'' You nurturing the Empire with your kindness and hardwork, is a path that you choose, and who knows what it will lead you and your soul into, nobody could known, but i appreciate that you had chosen such path, since without your choice, many would otherwise suffer, instead of prosper because of it.''

Background

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:38 am

Misaki thinks about what the Dragon says quietly, nodding and putting her hand up to her chin. Yatsufusa finished, Misa stands up straight and eubs her hands together, "Well, I am happy to hear you say that; Really, that wish is all I could hope for. I have heard things like you have said otherwise, and I do get it. Either way, it is an interesting thought experiment. For now, however, I think any more thinking I would do should be some place warmer. I did not bring gloves, and my hands and ears are starting to feel it, even in the sunshine like this; A cold wind is blowing in from the north, it feels like..."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:40 pm

'' That means you are alive.'' Yatsufusa smiled. '' The fact that you feel the cold and get connected to nature means something.'' He adds.

'' But you are right, Doji Misaki-san perhaps it is too much of an experimental theory to engage with, in the middle of this cold weather.'' He chuckled.

Background