The Book Club Of One (D6 LE)

Togashi Satsuki

Re: The Book Club Of One (D6 LE)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:19 am

The princess was quiet as she considered his words, then nodded. "Yes, you are clear."

"If you'd like, you could pen your opinion and theory down, and I will bring it to my father when I return home. Mayhaps he finds it to be of interest."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:21 am

"I will try to find the time to do so, then. Haven't actually done a lot of writing of my own, beyond a few letters."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Aha, he was probably in the same vein as her mother in that he didn't learn to read and write until after the arrival of the Kami.

"I could help you, if you like. I'm quite used to writing a lot. It's something my parents encouraged me to learn well."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:31 pm

"That... would be appreciated. I can write, but it isn't the easiest thing. The brush seems to turn in my hands a-times, doesn't want to show right."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:32 pm

"It is more of a challenge for those who learned in adulthood. My mother, for being talented at so many things, still take a long time with her writing... I think my brother and I were still very young when we started to write faster than her."

She nodded. "You learned after the Kami came too then?"
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:32 pm

"By my best estimates, just before, but only just before. Their coming did not make the greatest impression on the Isawa, after all."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 pm

"So I've heard. A few Isawa joined the Dragon, but it seems most have gone with the Spider or become its own Imperial family... which I find strange, considering that the Isawa seemed so dismissive of the Kami in the first place?" she asked, trying to figure out how that actually came to be outside of the official records.
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:27 am

"I worked for some few years to tie the two together. I realized, at that first tournament, that once they declared an Empire, it would have to expand to Isawa lands. I also knew that, while the Empire would suffer greatly if it attacked the Isawa, it had numbers enough, even then, to bury us. So, I worked, first to establish connections, and to gain favors, and then to get the library built, and connected. Then to get The Isawa to realize what I already had. Was tense a few years, until The Emperor and The Isawa actually met."

He grins slightly. "And I cannot tell you of that meeting, because I was on a journey when it happened."