The Book Club Of One (D6 LE)

Togashi Satsuki

Re: The Book Club Of One (D6 LE)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:29 pm

"I think your ignorance is showing. Or perhaps just personal dislike of my father. Either way, yeah, it only makes you look stupid."

"My father followed Shiba-kami's word that he and his siblings would provide guidance to humanity. That he chooses to work alongside his closest followers and not actively recruit is merely a different approach. While others have campaigned violently, he chooses instead to let people make their own choices and join of their own free will. So no, I don't consider his way anymore odd than my aunts who drew followers for a dead Kami and a trapped one."

Having said her piece, Satsuki returned her attention to the scroll in her hands.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:58 pm

"Perhaps. I've only stories of that clan, not having been there. Though, recently some trade opportunities seem likely, so I may go there."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:44 pm

"For a man who has travelled so much, you seem to know very little," she remarked with some sass.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:47 am

"True. True. But, I also admit my ignorance. I am an eternal student, always trying to learn more. Trying to expand all the borders, whether physical, or mental. Too many, in my experience, particularly in positions of power, are comfortable with the knowledge they already have, unwilling to learn more."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:01 pm

"There aren't that many people, or Kami, in positions of power in the Empire, so I'm curious as to who you're speaking of."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:38 pm

"I did not say it was within the empire; though I know of some there, too. One of my Family's leader's brothers is like that. He is convinced he knows what is best, and will not listen to anyone other than the Isawa. I have often seen it in those few remaining small tribes, who have not been contacted by the Empire yet. Or, those given a duty by one of the leaders of the Empire, and refuse to alter or change it in any way, even if circumstances change."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:50 pm

Her eyebrows rose with some surprise. "I didn't think there were any tribes within the Empire still by this point."

"I'll admit my own pool of experience in this regard is rather limited. This is the first journey I've made outside of the lands of my clan, and the only leaders I really know outside of the Dragon are leaders of their own Clans and their closest family."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:54 pm

"There is still a large land out there, Togashi-san. Ah, -sama. And there are small tribes in several places. Some, on hearing of the Empire, were glad to join it. The world is still a very dangerous place, after all. Others, with leaders more hardened and power hungry, have even convinced their whole tribes to up and leave the area claimed. And, I did say I went around the outside of the Shinomen once - that area is unclaimed by any, and tribes yet live there, as well."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 pm

"I'm aware that some of of the other clans are much more hostile in their approach than we are." Good thing Zhe wasn't here to hear this. Still, hearing Kyosei speak was like reading accounts from travellers fifteen years ago or so. It sounded outdated and anachronistic even. "Last I read in the Imperial records, there is no longer considered to be any tribes left in the land - as they've all either joined the Empire, or departed to the lands outside."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 pm

"Of course the accounts would say that. I can only report what I have seen with my own eyes. And, as I said, the outside of the Shinomen is not claimed by any, and may not be considered part of the Empire. I have traveled that route, taking far too long - it is bigger than I think most understand - and there are tribes yet on the other side. As well as unusual animals and non-humans inside. Those snakes with arms, I mentioned, for instance. The Shinomen is... wonderous, and dangerous, and mysterious. To hear descriptions of it is nothing compared to actually seeing it."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 pm

"All the more reason to place up a spiritual barrier around the Shinomen then. It is best we don't disturb what is in there, at least not until the Empire is stronger, more stable. More... solid," she punctuated her words with a single nod.
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:57 pm

"If you could figure out a way, a reasonable way, I would participate. But, with it's size, I do not see how it could be done."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:25 pm

Satsuki placed down the scroll she had been reading.

"Four temples, one at each cardinal direction of the Shinomen. Consecrated and spiritually linked together to maintain a connection around the forest - each one staffed with monks or priests to perform the nescessary rites for this connection."

"A shugenja can't do it alone or hope to have the energy to keep it up on their own. Properly sanctified grounds however, become more like... a well of energy, compared to a shugenja who is just a ladle in comparison."

She shook her head slightly. "At least, that is the conclusion I'm coming to. My father holds a much greater understanding of this than I do."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:28 pm

"The top one would be in Ki Rin lands, and the East one in Scorpion lands. But the South and West ones are in unclaimed lands. Also, the forest is not a square or diamond shape - it is irregular. You may want to consider 8 temples, to properly surround it. Best would also be one in the middle, but that would be... difficult at best." His keen mind is already working at the problem.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 pm

"The Stag have outposts in the south, and might be looking to stretch further that direction too. The west is the problem as you say, which is why we have tackled that with approaching both the Order of Heroes and the honored Emperor on the matter, for their input and approval."

"As for the number, no, it must be four. Not only are the cardinal directions vital in the flow of spiritual energies, cardinal directions are important in rituals on a grand scale, as it beseeches the might of the minor Fortunes related to them. There is great power in the directions. Adding on more, it upsets the balance..."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:51 pm

"It also matches the elements, but the problem is then, that there are 5 elements, not 4. What may seem balanced, is not."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:54 pm

"The four together create the fifth element," she responded, very much like a student.
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:06 am

"As my own teaching put it, the four elements form the Void, but the Void is also apart from them. A tricky thing to incorporate for temples like this. Hmm."

He visibly thinks on it for a few moments. "Perhaps you could include a separate shrine in each temple that stands for the Void? One on the side closest to the Forest?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:09 am

She didn't outright dismiss the idea, so she was willing to listen. "Explain your theory." Now she was sounding much more like the teacher rather than the student.
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:15 am

"Each element is separate, yet each is also of the Void. So, include a small shrine to the Void. Bless those shrines separately from the temple they are in, yet at the same time as each other one is blessed, for the Void is one with all, but also itself. Perhaps even bless them before the temple, then again afterwards. Maybe assign a separate group to focus on that shrine, to call upon it's blessing. The void is within in all, and binds the all together, yet it is separate from all, keeping them apart. So, treat them as both part of each temple, but also separate. Am I clear in presenting my thoughts?"