The Book Club Of One (D6 LE)

Togashi Satsuki

The Book Club Of One (D6 LE)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:20 am

Satsuki had wanted to try the draw-lot play that was being hosted, but after being in the Crane-play, she had her fill of crowds and lots of unknown people.

So she retreated to the library instead, looking to find some time to herself... and to not think about the impending scary events that moonrise would bring later.

Finding a quiet corner of the library, she meditated to center herself and calm her nerves. Going through the motions reminded her of all the time spent with her father over the years, learning at first and then later to spend time with him and improve her own skill. It made her feel a bit better, and with those memories fresh in her mind, she turned to look around in the library.

Her search this time was more to look into what the plan of four temples could be about, so she searched for notes on various protections that could affect areas rather than people. Such as sacred rope, sanctified grounds around temples... barriers...

-------

OOC: Looking to understand more of Togashi's plan with the four temples around Shinomen Mori. Can roll if needed.

D6 LE Meditation/Void for Void recovery. TN 20: 6d10o10k3 26
D6 LE Fire Kami's Blessing cast for library research (if needed). +1 Affinity, +1k0 Teacher's. 1 raise for duration. TN 15: 7d10o10k4 31
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Re: The Book Club Of One (D6 LE)

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:14 pm

Kyosei, of the Isawa, also enters the library. After the play he had just mentioned, he needs to clear his mind, and get into something that is actually true, not... that.

He is wandering the aisles, when he notes the Dragon, and stops short. He gives a short bow.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:22 pm

Not returning the bow would be rude, and Satsuki liked to think she wasn't rude, so upon noticing the Isawa from earlier that day, she rolled up the scroll she was studying while keeping her finger on the line she was on.

"Good evening, Isawa-san."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:25 am

"And evening to you, Togashi-sama. Here to check the accuracy of the play? I can assure you, it was atrociously wrong, in so many respects."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:40 am

"What... no." She shook her head, looking back to the scroll in her hands. "The play was just entertainment. I don't think Dojihime intended for it to be historically accurate. It's all just in good fun to entertain people."

"I'm just reading up on some stuff."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:43 am

"Anything interesting? I'm always looking for something to read while traveling. While the scenery is interesting the first time, or even two, after fifteen, I prefer to ride in the wagon and read if possible."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:24 pm

"Just... accounts on sacred barriers and protective rites. It's not something I've studied a lot before, so... Just seems important these days."

With everything happening it probably was a good idea to apply some of it here.
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:51 pm

"Hmm. Interesting. Does it note who created the sacred barriers, or how effective they actually are? Are they usable for those traveling, or only those that are stationary?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 pm

"The ones I'm reading are stationary, fixed to sanctified grounds. Most are from the old tribes. Just trying to understand how it could work on a large scale."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:59 am

"Let me think... You could have multiple Spirit-speakers use their prayers at the same time, around the area. Or one, who is able to take it slow, and travel around the area, getting all the spirits within to agree. You'd have to make sure no one intruded that would sully the area, while it was being done, or work against it, but yes, I think I can see how that could be done..."

Kyosei's eyes are looking up and the the right a bit, as he thinks the problem through.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:30 pm

"And if the area was as big as the Shinomen Mori?" Satsuki asked with a small smile, interested to see what the old man would say.
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:21 pm

"There are not enough Spirit Speakers in the Empire to surround it, and one man traveling alone would take over a year to go around it; impossible to keep it unsullied that long." He shrugs. "It would be impossible all at once. I suppose, if you did a multi-year, or even multi-generational plan, doing small bits at a time, you might make it work. Maybe. But, you would also have to handle the animals, and the snakes-with-arms who can shoot bows. Also, the other Spirits, the Raccoon-tricksters and the Fox tricksters. Not easy, or happening any time soon."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Satsuki watched him with slightly raised eyebrows.

"Well then..."

What the hell, there's snake-people with arms in the Shinomen?!

"... It seems my father has an idea about it though, so I trust he has figured things out to make sure it will work on such a large scale."
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:48 pm

"mmm. And how often has your father traveled there? I have made no less than 7 trips near it, along the edges, or almost through it once - when the snakes with arms drove my wagons away."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:57 pm

"That's an interesting question. I know he says he wandered much of the Empire, before meeting with his siblings again at Seppun Hill, which led to the events that saw uncle Shiba become Emperor. I also know he is able to move vast distances with ease, when he needs to. But, most of all, is that he sees much that others don't."

She shrugged her shoulders a bit and looked at Kyosei. "Why have you travelled to it so often, may I ask?"
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:03 pm

"I oversee a mine, and still live in the remaining Isawa lands. And, I trade, taking the silver, or the other goods from up there around to other places. And, to trade, I must travel. I have been to the Ratling lands twice, and to each clan, save your own's, several times. And, even around the outer edge of the forest once, trying to find a better route to the south. Didn't work."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:05 pm

"The old Isawa lands... that is where the Spider holdings are now, no?" she asked, not sure on the geography of the old tribes. It hadn't been something covered extensively by her teachers.

"How come you haven't visited the Dragon?"
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:51 am

Kyosei heaves a sigh. "Honestly? I met your father at the Tourney, and he did not impress me then, nor have I encountered much to change my views since. And, the way the clan coalesced around him is very... odd."

"And, there is still a bit between the Dragon and Spider that is still ours. We would not give up our home city off Gisei Toshi to anyone. Too much danger if we did so."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:53 am

She quirked an eyebrow. "How so? What do you mean... odd?"
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:06 am

"Odd? The other clans were chosen by the little gods. He chose no-one, but instead a few others simply... followed him into the north mountains. And then, he just accepted it. You are telling me that isn't odd?"