Tracts of Land (D6, LE, ask)

Doji Misaki

Tracts of Land (D6, LE, ask)

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:57 am

Having followed through on Kinsen-sama's suggestions and such, Doji Misaki had arranged a meeting between herself and Hantei Genji, the woman's son. Apparently, he was a scholar of sorts and knew a good deal about Stag lands?

She believed it, and so she found herself sitting at a table in a study room across from the man, the two having just sat down, "Thank you for meeting with me, Hantei-sama. It has certainly been a busy few days, so anyone taking time out of their schedule is a treasure."

Introductions out of the way, Misaki had shown Genji to the study room and taken a seat with him, a few materials on the table like maps, paper, and ink.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hantei Genji

Re: Tracts of Land (D6, LE, ask)

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:59 am

"Well met Doji-san." Genji smiled as he followed her and joined her at the study room.

"This court seems to be quite busy, even with the sudden onslaught of extra time. I hope you have been well?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:39 pm

"I have; I was a bit worried we'd all be trapped in the palace after that storm, but the Fortunes have smiled on us since then with the weather. At least relatively. I do not mind a bit of cold here and there as long as the snow is not too deep or the wind too strong."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:01 pm

"I can certainly relate to that. The first few days have been quite foreboding, but things seem to be a bit better now." He flashed a smile. "And at least the guests are keeping busy, neh?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:16 pm

"Exactly. And with worthwhile pursuits; Dancing, storytelling, plays... Surely the arts thrive in this court. Lady Doji-sama would be proud I imagine. Have you had a favorite event so far that's been run here, Hantei-sama?"

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:44 pm

Genji's fingers drummed on the desk. "Mhm...it is difficult to tell. I must confess a bias for the masked ball, though all of them have been wonderful so far. Any favorites for you?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:50 pm

"Ah, you were at the ball as well? It was one of my favorite as well..."

She trailed off with a smile, looking down at the fingers before back up at Genji's face, "I just hope I did not leave a poor impression with anyone. I would say I also hoped my lack of a mask did not do that either, but the ball's host gave me to okay on that, so I am not so worried about that part."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:07 am

"Ie! I think you made a great impresion." He flashed a smile. "I was dressed Lord Moon. I think your costume, or lack thereof, was quite ingenious."

He extended his hand. "Any other favorites of yours so far?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:23 pm

"Other than that? Hm. Well, I quite enjoyed hearing the different stories people had to tell. As well as getting the chance to work with Chai-san's otters earlier today. ...I suppose there was also that fascinating discussion between Emperor Shiba and Shinsei-sama. I get the impression that wasn't planned for though~"

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:34 pm

"Ah, unfortunately I missed that, it must have been quite fascinating. Otters, eh? I have not heard of it, unfortunately." He smiled at the thought. Cute critters!!

"We certainly have a diverse set of occasions here this winter. I hope your fellow Crane are also enjoying themselves?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:44 pm

"Enjoying themselves? Well..."

She looked thoughtful a moment.

"I am not sure I could say. Not as any sort of secretive thing, more that I've not asked. Everyone here is older and more important than me, whether that be our owner of the tea house or Lady Doji-sama's daughter. It has been an honor to talk to them and help them as needed, and I would love to spend more time with them. Especially Lady Tsubaki. But I've not asked how they might be enjoying themselves or not, I will admit..."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Genji nodded. "Quite understandable. This court has certainly turned out different that we expected it."

He pondered for a moment. "Do you have a goal here, Doji-chan?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:24 pm

A couple blinks, a hand going to her chest, "Myself? Um, well... Not per say, I suppose. I have things I was sent here to do, which is partially why I arranged this meeting with you. Find out about other lands, the crop yields and productions of them, the struggles each Clan is going through with their farmlands... But I am unsure if I would call that a goal of mine, per say. More my Duty."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Genji nodded. "A noble duty!" He smiled widely. "So, I am not sure I can say much of our situation there, as that is a topic I have not yet delved in too deep. Yet."

He continued drumming on the desk in front of them. "We are not starving, or at least, I am not aware of any shortages that I would consider a major shortfall. We also have access to the sea, so we can compliment our crops with fish, which is good. That said, higher yields could always be useful."

He tilted his head. "What specifics would you be more interested in?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:50 pm

"Hm... Well, Hantei Kinsen-sama said you knew a good bit about the land... How about the health of the land? And the future of the land? Is there room for expansion with an expanding population, or would that put a strain on the earth? And what about backup systems? Are things set up in case of floods or drought, or could that use more work?"

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:43 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:50 pm
"Hm... Well, Hantei Kinsen-sama said you knew a good bit about the land... How about the health of the land? And the future of the land? Is there room for expansion with an expanding population, or would that put a strain on the earth? And what about backup systems? Are things set up in case of floods or drought, or could that use more work?"

"I brlieve we still have some room, especially if we increase our gishing output. Floods have not been a concern so far, though we should look into it. The land is overall healthy, I believe. Are these topics you specialize in?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:47 am

Misaki smiled wider and gave a short nod, "That's right. Apologies if I sprang this all on you. It's just something I'm not only specialized in, but passionate about. You see, my parents were priests who did things like bless the crops and perform rain ceremonies, the usual country priest thing before the Children of Heaven came. Now that those same Kami have shown us the ways of the Heavens and helped us to cooperate, I feel like I can continue that same tradition in a more hands on sort of way."

Her smile slipped into a slightly more serious look, though not displeased or anything, "It isn't as if I don't still pray every day to Inari and the other Fortunes. Well, some of them more than others of course. But I don't want to put the entire burden of a good harvest and everyone having food and shelter on the heads of the Fortunes when I can contribute in my own way."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:47 am
Misaki smiled wider and gave a short nod, "That's right. Apologies if I sprang this all on you. It's just something I'm not only specialized in, but passionate about. You see, my parents were priests who did things like bless the crops and perform rain ceremonies, the usual country priest thing before the Children of Heaven came. Now that those same Kami have shown us the ways of the Heavens and helped us to cooperate, I feel like I can continue that same tradition in a more hands on sort of way."

Her smile slipped into a slightly more serious look, though not displeased or anything, "It isn't as if I don't still pray every day to Inari and the other Fortunes. Well, some of them more than others of course. But I don't want to put the entire burden of a good harvest and everyone having food and shelter on the heads of the Fortunes when I can contribute in my own way."
"Oh? Your parents were blessed then, indeed." He pondered silently for a moment. "It is admirable that you wish to continue the tradition of your parents. I reckon, it is something similar that I am doing in a way." A smile passed his lips. "The kami have come from the Heaven to better us, not do things instead of us. A wise approach."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:10 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am
"Oh? Your parents were blessed then, indeed." He pondered silently for a moment. "It is admirable that you wish to continue the tradition of your parents. I reckon, it is something similar that I am doing in a way." A smile passed his lips. "The kami have come from the Heaven to better us, not do things instead of us. A wise approach."
"I am happy to hear you feel the same way. As for you, what traditions do you wish to carry over from your own parents then?"