I just needed one more minute! [D6, LA, Player Event RP]

Togashi Satsuki

Re: I just needed one more minute! [D6, LA, Player Event RP]

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:11 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:54 pm
"Ah...that would be wonderful," Ayano's smile grew a fraction, "Even if I do not have a talent for it, then at least being able to try would be pleasant. Though what other instruments do you think would be available?"
"I'm sure if we asked around, we could find all sorts of instruments. Drums, many different string-ones, flutes... is there a particular instrument you like the sound of?" Satsuki wondered what sort of music the Lion had. Maybe war-drums? Horns?
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:26 am

One of the last to come out is Kyosei. He looks like his brain has been rolled up and all the knowledge wrung out of it. He nods tiredly at those present, and takes a seat near the wall, to try to recover.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:11 am
Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:54 pm
"Ah...that would be wonderful," Ayano's smile grew a fraction, "Even if I do not have a talent for it, then at least being able to try would be pleasant. Though what other instruments do you think would be available?"
"I'm sure if we asked around, we could find all sorts of instruments. Drums, many different string-ones, flutes... is there a particular instrument you like the sound of?" Satsuki wondered what sort of music the Lion had. Maybe war-drums? Horns?
"Flutes and drums are familiar to me...they are useful for martial purposes." Ayano sighed, "But such music all has a similar cadence, as you may imagine."

She rubs her chin in thought again, "Stringed instruments are something I only get to hear rarely...I know you mentioned you own talent with one but are their others?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:29 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:57 pm
"Flutes and drums are familiar to me...they are useful for martial purposes." Ayano sighed, "But such music all has a similar cadence, as you may imagine."

She rubs her chin in thought again, "Stringed instruments are something I only get to hear rarely...I know you mentioned you own talent with one but are their others?"
"There's lots of different string instruments," she said with a nod. "I play the guqin, which is like a zither, and there are other variants on it too. I think the Scorpion have a larger one that they call a koto. Hmmm and then there's the biwa that you play like this," Satsuki held up her hands to mimic the motions of the playing the lute and using a plectrum in her other hand.

"And you have the ehru which uses a stringed bow to create sounds while pressing it against the strings of the instruments like this." This time she mimiced the performance of using a bowstring to create music while the hand on the instrument manipulated the strings there.

"And there's other instruments similar to the biwa that don't use a plectrum, but you pluck the strings with your fingers instead. I could probably ask our honored hosts if they have any instruments around for guests to use; I'm sure he does!"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:29 pm
"There's lots of different string instruments," she said with a nod. "I play the guqin, which is like a zither, and there are other variants on it too. I think the Scorpion have a larger one that they call a koto. Hmmm and then there's the biwa that you play like this," Satsuki held up her hands to mimic the motions of the playing the lute and using a plectrum in her other hand.

"And you have the ehru which uses a stringed bow to create sounds while pressing it against the strings of the instruments like this." This time she mimiced the performance of using a bowstring to create music while the hand on the instrument manipulated the strings there.

"And there's other instruments similar to the biwa that don't use a plectrum, but you pluck the strings with your fingers instead. I could probably ask our honored hosts if they have any instruments around for guests to use; I'm sure he does!"
"At this rate Togashi-sama, I feel one needs more then myself to enjoy this gathering of musicians," Ayano chuckled softly, "Perhaps one might just open this to the rest of court? A chance to let everyone try their hand and see what sounds emerge. Maybe it might even merge into beautiful harmony naturally."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:55 pm
"At this rate Togashi-sama, I feel one needs more then myself to enjoy this gathering of musicians," Ayano chuckled softly, "Perhaps one might just open this to the rest of court? A chance to let everyone try their hand and see what sounds emerge. Maybe it might even merge into beautiful harmony naturally."
"That sounds like a good idea!" she smiled widely, seeming a little bit brighter than normal. "I'll see what can be done."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:21 pm
"Well, it's meant to be a challenge, right?"

He grinned.

"I'm just sorry you're stuck checking the results, that's got to be tedious."
"The good news is that I was prepared for worst.

The bad news is that it didn't get worst because of the only very moderate success of the event.

Though it's still an instructive test run. Especially regarding shugenja, that I don't know how we should evaluate exactly. On one hand, their magic is part of their skill set. On the other, there will be times they won't be able to use it and so they need a minimal amount of other skills."
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:23 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 pm
"The good news is that I was prepared for worst.

The bad news is that it didn't get worst because of the only very moderate success of the event.

Though it's still an instructive test run. Especially regarding shugenja, that I don't know how we should evaluate exactly. On one hand, their magic is part of their skill set. On the other, there will be times they won't be able to use it and so they need a minimal amount of other skills."
"Well, it may have lacked the pizzazz of some of the other events, but at the same time, you need to look at the bright side... I actually like these people. As far as shugenja..."

He made a seesaw motion with his hand.

"Maybe in future I'd suggest banning the use of spells to teach them to rely upon themselves first and foremost."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:48 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:57 pm
"That sounds like a good idea!" she smiled widely, seeming a little bit brighter than normal. "I'll see what can be done."
"I should be more cautious...seems a lot of people find my ideas intriguing around here." Ayano said with a small blush and a sheepish smile, "At this rate I might acquire a reputation to have to live up to. Luck can only take one so far." A small chuckle at her own expense, and enough mirth in her tone to leave no doubt her words were in jest.

"Something to look forward to then."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:48 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:57 pm
"I should be more cautious...seems a lot of people find my ideas intriguing around here." Ayano said with a small blush and a sheepish smile, "At this rate I might acquire a reputation to have to live up to. Luck can only take one so far." A small chuckle at her own expense, and enough mirth in her tone to leave no doubt her words were in jest.

"Something to look forward to then."
"You're pretty smart, Makime-san. That's not something you should hide or be ashamed of. I think a reputation of being smart is a good reputation to have!"
Theme | Profile

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 pm
"You're pretty smart, Makime-san. That's not something you should hide or be ashamed of. I think a reputation of being smart is a good reputation to have!"
"True but it also means you have to live up to it!" Ayano added with another small chuckle, "Which is not so bad a thing I suppose. As long as others recognize one can make mistakes."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:23 pm

"Well, it may have lacked the pizzazz of some of the other events, but at the same time, you need to look at the bright side... I actually like these people. As far as shugenja..."

He made a seesaw motion with his hand.

"Maybe in future I'd suggest banning the use of spells to teach them to rely upon themselves first and foremost."
"I can smell drama coming up from three miles away, with its fair share of overplayed outrage, if the gods didn't want me to call upon the spirits, they wouldn't have gifted me with that power style, mixed with a spike in accusations if not attempts at cheating, they cast a spell before entering the room, I saw them, look at the cut under their robes style. Doubly so as shugenja can technically also enhanced other people to make them better at taking exams.

Or maybe the solution is to be found within the problem. Can't our shugenja design a generic anti-cheat, mundane or magical, spell? That would make everything easier for everyone."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:44 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:32 pm
"I can smell drama coming up from three miles away, with its fair share of overplayed outrage, if the gods didn't want me to call upon the spirits, they wouldn't have gifted me with that power style, mixed with a spike in accusations if not attempts at cheating, they cast a spell before entering the room, I saw them, look at the cut under their robes style. Doubly so as shugenja can technically also enhanced other people to make them better at taking exams.

Or maybe the solution is to be found within the problem. Can't our shugenja design a generic anti-cheat, mundane or magical, spell? That would make everything easier for everyone."
He chuckled.

"It's only cheating if they're told not to do it and then do it anyway. But having some sort of prayer to banish active spiritual effects might be a good idea, not just for this sort of thing... but for general security. Maybe we can get the Isawa on it? You and I are both a bit unqualified in matters magical..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:44 pm
He chuckled.

"It's only cheating if they're told not to do it and then do it anyway. But having some sort of prayer to banish active spiritual effects might be a good idea, not just for this sort of thing... but for general security. Maybe we can get the Isawa on it? You and I are both a bit unqualified in matters magical..."
"We need to phrase that request the right way then. The only thing I managed to understand about magic is that everything is possible until you ask the magician about it. Then it suddenly becomes harder than moving the stars around for reasons no one is truly able to explain."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:56 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:54 pm
"We need to phrase that request the right way then. The only thing I managed to understand about magic is that everything is possible until you ask the magician about it. Then it suddenly becomes harder than moving the stars around for reasons no one is truly able to explain."
"I'll see if I can con Kyosei into working on it... least he can do for me after inflicting three puppies on my household."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:10 pm
"True but it also means you have to live up to it!" Ayano added with another small chuckle, "Which is not so bad a thing I suppose. As long as others recognize one can make mistakes."
"Of course. No one is above making mistakes... some just do it less than others." She smirked a bit herself. "But as my parents have told me; we learn more from mistakes than we do from successes."

Glancing around, she saw Sora and Ayumu talking together. "... What do you think the old folks are talking about?"
Theme | Profile

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:11 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:31 pm
"Of course. No one is above making mistakes... some just do it less than others." She smirked a bit herself. "But as my parents have told me; we learn more from mistakes than we do from successes."

Glancing around, she saw Sora and Ayumu talking together. "... What do you think the old folks are talking about?"
Ayano shifted her eyes to the two Imperials, "A sentiment Lady Makime shares with them, though not every mistake can be afforded."

"...I don't know. Jiyo Ayumu-sama is a proctor, maybe they are discussing the exam?" She tapped her chin, thinking about what her mother would be talking about...and then discarding that, not enough stern staring for that.

"Jiyo Sora-sama has children, I know that is a topic for some of the older folks."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:22 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:11 am
Ayano shifted her eyes to the two Imperials, "A sentiment Lady Makime shares with them, though not every mistake can be afforded."

"...I don't know. Jiyo Ayumu-sama is a proctor, maybe they are discussing the exam?" She tapped her chin, thinking about what her mother would be talking about...and then discarding that, not enough stern staring for that.

"Jiyo Sora-sama has children, I know that is a topic for some of the older folks."
Ayumu sneaked to the couple of nerds, and said with a soft smile:

"Most old folks still have a pretty good ear you know lady Makime, they just like to pretend the contrary when it's convenient for them."

He took out two, now graded, papers from the pile he was carrying, and returned them to their authors:

"I have been checking the last papers in the meantime, and, after removing baseline works from members of the Imperial families, it seems your name is on the top one Makime-sama.

If you're curious about it, you're not the candidate who answered the most difficult questions, nor the most in depth, but you definitely answered the most questions total. An impressive diversity of knowledge really.

Lady Jiyo will be happy to meet you for talk and tea if you're so inclined."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:10 am

"Congratulations, Makime-san!" Satsuki didn't clap, but she almost did before she remember they were in the library still. "See? I knew you were smart!"
Theme | Profile

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:15 am

Kyosei had approached for the results, and nodded as well. "Indeed, congratulations to you! Well done!"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.