Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:59 am

"You might consider training that up in yourself. The ability to analyze things, to think them through carefully, is a very potent one, I've found."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:01 am

"I suppose I'll have to... Phi won't always be on hand for me to rely on..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:07 am

"As you grow, you will find yourselves in different places, almost assuredly, hai. Plus, there's no guarantee she wouldn't miss something you might see, with your different views and life-experiences."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:27 am

She appeared to be chewing on that, and didn't respond right away.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:30 am

If there's one thing training as an Earth Shugenja taught, it was patience, and the ability to wait for a response.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:48 am

"I think the differences- and this the value of the other's perspective- will only really flourish once we've lived apart for a while."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:07 pm

"This is likely very true. You have already started to live different lives, and take different paths. You will likely always be able to follow each other's thoughts. But, there will grow to be more differences as you age."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:49 pm

Shirayuki sighed.

"That may be the biggest adjustment. Not that we've never been apart- Phi didn't go the Spider lands when I did, and I missed her trip to the Scorpion provinces- but it's been the exception, rather than the rule."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:59 am

Kyosei nods. "And now, it is likelier than not to be the rule, not the exception."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:37 am

"Yeah..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:54 pm

He shrugs at her. "The price of growing up, I fear. I also fear, our time is almost up."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:05 pm

"Seems that way."

She paused.

"Thanks, Uncle Kyosei."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:29 pm

"While I cannot be your teacher, I am glad I was able to help you find a path. And I will speak to a possible teacher for you soon."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:30 pm

"In the meantime... do you plan on sticking around the city for a bit?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:32 pm

"That, my little squirtling, depends on the weather. My wagons and ponies, and the guards are ready to go on a day's notice, but the snow prevents it."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:36 pm

"Awwww. Well. We'll have to see about getting Soryu on a trip soon, maybe we'll come visit your mines..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:16 am

"The mines are dirty, often damp, and full of sweating people. Not really suitable for visiting. Unless you think he should join the miners for a day or so?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:04 am

"He'd probably want to, just to see what it's like..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:33 am

"Hmm. It is possible. Though, not yet. No one works there before the age of 12, and then only as chuckers."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:03 am

"He'd still ask "

She smiled.

"Brother has that wide-eyed enthusiasm one has when literally everything is new."

Current Theme