Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:56 pm

"But... you do not all learn at the same rate, do you? Or with the same level of speed. I knew one lad, could learn very fast, anything said or that he read was remembered, and he could use. But, try to get him to do anything practical, and he faltered. He couldn't put those lessons to use."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:57 pm

"Well, with us, our speed seems mostly limited by interest."

Given who their mother actually was, the fact was, the children of Jiyo Sora and Jiyo Kinyoubi were basically information sponges.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:01 pm

"So, what are the three of you most interested in? What are you least interested in?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:08 pm

"Phi's interested in people. What they do, and why. Soryu... well, right now, he's interested in otters, but he generally seems keen on nature. He also has an interest in some of Father's more... kinetic pursuits, although Dad tries to discourage that."

A pause.

"And me? I'm interested in what I can do- and how."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:14 pm

"And, what can you do, so far?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:15 pm

"I can catch a crafty old fox with my bare hands sometimes. I can climb a mountainside. I can meditate- and like it. I can throw a decent punch. I can work in the library with Mother for hours and enjoy it..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:37 pm

"How's your reading? Can you teach your brother, or other younger children? How's your running? Can you walk all day, without stopping?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:21 pm

"Reading is like breathing. So's teaching Soryu, when he focuses. Walking all day is something Dad has us doing, and running... sometimes the only way to catch a fox."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:25 pm

"How often have you caught the fox, versus how many times have you failed to catch it?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:26 am

That got a laugh.

"Fortunes, I think if I succeed one time in fifteen... That sounds about right. As an average."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:30 am

"So, what I'm hearing is, the fox is more clever than you, and your sister, and your brother, at the same time?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 am

"Faster."

She paused

"And he knows where to find refuge. We leave him alone when Uncle Yuzuru needs him "

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 am

"I suspect there's a bit more to it than that. First of all, the fox is smaller, and can corner a bit faster than you. Also, fit through smaller openings."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:06 am

"Also superb hearing, a magnificent sense of smell, lightning reflexes..."

She sighed happily.

"He is a delightful soul."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:25 pm

"Interesting view."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:25 pm

"Oh? Seems pretty normal to me."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:24 am

"Some among those that have taught me do not think animals have souls. Others, obviously, think they do. I am undecided."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 am

"Oh, Uncle Kyosei, they absolutely do. I defy anyone to look into Hsieh-Hsieh, or Squirtling, or Chomper, or Crumbsnatcher's eyes and not see a soul looking back at them."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:13 pm

"So, I heard that Chomper was Soryu's choice. I'm guessing you chose Squirtlying. Phi chose Crumbsnatcher?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:28 pm

"Yep!"

She grinned.

"And Soryu picked first- and possibly best, I picked second. Phi took the longest. Which stands to reason, she approaches things with more.... analysis than I do."

Current Theme