Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:49 am

Kyosei smiles. "So, did I influence him, or did he influence me?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:25 am

"Hm. I think, as Uncle Togashi would say, the answer is 'yes.'"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:33 am

"An absolutely correct, and equally absolutely useless answer. Sounds about right for him." His head tilts to the side. "Speaking of, have you ever actually heard his voice, or do you just remember hearing him speak, but don't remember actually hearing his voice?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:37 am

"Oh, I've heard him speak."

She giggled.

"He was a bit peeved at the time, of course..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:50 am

"Ah? This sounds like an interesting story. For myself, I have memories of what he said, but don't know that I have ever actually heard him speak."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:00 am

"Oh, Taiyo-kun had stolen one of my hair ribbons and I was chasing him. And we might have stampeded right through Togashi-kami's favored meditation spot. And we might have knocked over a bowl of water he was using as a meditative focus. And the water might have arced up into his face..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 am

Kyosei didn't just smile, he flat out grinned large. "Ah? I'm guessing they were words not often heard, from him or others. And ones you've hopefully never had need to use."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:23 am

"Welllll, they're words Dad uses all the time when he doesn't think we can hear him..."

Yep. That bad.

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:31 am

"I wish I had been there to witness that. Hmm. But, aside from that time, do you remember actually hearing him, or just remember that he spoke?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:33 am

"Oh yeah. See, Dad and Aunt Saruko are very close- she might be his best friend in the world. And however... distant Uncle Togashi is? He loves Saruko dearly. So sometimes, on the visit, we'd eat together."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:17 am

"That, that is another thing you should consider. You currently, from your father, have access to things few others can compare with. Access to nearly any of the little gods. But, as time passes, you may find that limited. Especially as your parents move on to the Spirit Realms. Have you considered how to deal with that?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:23 am

"Well. I mean, Dad always leaves letters when he goes on a trip for us to open if he doesn't come back. I... peek at mine, sometimes. So I know he always thinks about- worries about- what we'll do when he's gone. But I also know he tries to make sure we can take care of ourselves."

She smiled.

"Even if sometimes that means outright telling us to ignore him and listen to Mom instead."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:33 am

"The truest wisdom is knowing how little you know. And your father is wise. Mind you, his wisdom comes from painful experience. He would spare you that pain, but sometimes, it is the best way to learn. Not the only way, but the best one."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 am

She simply nodded at that.

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 am

"Hmm, that's a lesson for you. There are always several ways to learn. You may learn from experience, from doing something. You might learn from watching others, seeing what happens when they do things. You might learn from reading a book or treatise. You might learn from pain, from attempting something beyond your talents, and failing. You might learn from breaking something, and putting it back together again. Which method do you think you learn best with?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:05 am

"Well, that's a good question. Sometimes I watch people like Phi does, but she learns more that way than i seem to. Sometimes I learn by doing, like Soryu does... but he's quicker at it. I like to read, and it teaches me a lot, but..."

She chuckiled.

"But five years of chasing Hsieh-Hsieh around? I think I learn best through my failures."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:23 am

Again with the nod. "It is good to know how you learn best, and how you don't learn well. You might also mention that to your teacher, when you get one more aligned to your gifts."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:25 am

"First thing Mother taught us was that we could learn anything we set our minds to."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:35 pm

"I do not dispute that; but knowing how you best learn allows you to plan out how to learn best, and allows your teacher to figure out the best ways to teach you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:43 pm

"Just saying. It's something we all work at."

Current Theme