Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Kyosei smiles slightly, his eyes seeing into the past. "I do know that type. Matches my own youngest, Ounan."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:28 pm

"How old is he, again?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:23 pm

"Fourteen winters, now. Already in training to be a Spirit Speaker. Sadly, no affinity to Earth, so my own master got him a teacher."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:36 pm

"Huh. Has he been training long?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:45 pm

"Let me think. While we knew of his gift fairly young, there was a lot of other things happening, so he has only been trained this past 5 or so years."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:47 pm

"And if he's not good with Earth, where do his talents lie?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:04 pm

"Strangely, with Fire and with Water. Not sure which will be dominant yet."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:10 pm

"Does one have to be dominant? I would think that a balance would be healthy..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:18 pm

With a smile, he answers, "While in some it is balanced, most have what we call affinity to one or two elements. I have strong affinity to Earth, and Fire will also answer my prayers. Water does so only grudgingly, and Air barely at all. Void users, they are more likely to be balanced. Or those with monastic training. But, Spirit Speakers? No, few of us are truly balanced."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:22 pm

"Hm. That seems... odd."

She cocked her head to the side.

"Maybe you need to balance with each other? Pair someone strong in Air with someone strong in Earth..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:44 pm

"Perhaps. But, would that not be forcing a pairing that might not work? Sounds sort of like requiring a couple to get married at the orders of a higher up..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:54 pm

"Fair point, but if it's a working partnership, it's also something that can be kept at arm's length- nobody's being asked to carry any children to term or anything..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:59 pm

Kyosei smiles wryly. "You are so young yet." After shaking his head a bit, he continues. "But, those most inclined to an element, or two, also tend to have personalities which put people in mind of those elements. I am like the Earth, many say, dependable, quiet, often barely noticable, until, like a Volcano, I erupt into things, before settling down again. Those of Air, tend to bounce between ideas, to not settle often. Water moves, seemingly steady, but one often gets the idea that there is more going on underneath. Fire - can be warming, or can be blazing. In either case, it can be dangerous. And Void? There are only a few who can touch that, and each is truly individual."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:00 am

"And yet they're all part of the same whole..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:05 am

"And that view is why I am talking to another teacher for you. You see differently than any Spirit speaker I've met, but much like those of the monastic traditions."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:12 am

"Well. I won't lie, tossing fire around like Sa- like Togashi-Hime would have been interesting, but... I suppose we'll see what else there is."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:16 am

"While I too can 'toss fire around', it isn't always that easy. I also wonder what part her ancestry plays in it. How will her gifts from her father emerge, or have they already?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:24 am

"Well, I think the way she breathes fire sometimes is from Uncle Baldy, but the other stuff seems more... formal."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:37 am

"Yes, the fire breathing might be from him - though I have a way to breathe out a tongue of flame, and wield it as a weapon, if needed. But mine is a prayer, not an innate ability."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:41 am

"Yeah, I didn't see any prayers... well. At least not BEFORE she did it."

Current Theme