Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:57 pm

In a corner of the library, Kyosei waits. He had originally planned to do this the day before, but the illness prevented it, leading to a note asking the lass to show up here, a day later, instead. He is patient while waiting for her to appear.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Re: Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:04 pm

Shirayuki arrived with an abstracted expression and a wish that she could bring her puppy- but Mom had been quite firm on that score
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:36 pm

Kyosei gives a nod, then gestures for her to sit across from him. "So, with your attempts at meditating; how many times did you fall asleep?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:40 pm

"Eight or nine."

No shame there, in any event.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 pm

"And how many did you succeed? Did you discover anything?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:04 am

"Well. It's an excellent way to refocus after a trying day. I see why Dad liked it so much when Togashi-Kami introduced him to the idea. But it hasn't really... shown me anything."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:09 pm

"Would you prefer to continue? Or should we march to the hot springs, and I hold you under until you either pass out, or manifest a gift?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:18 pm

"I dunno. Which do you think is more likely to work?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:12 am

Kyosei shrugs. "Could go either way. Though, the second is likely to end in great pain for me, whether it works or not! But, did you feel anything while you were meditating?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:19 am

"Just serenity. Well. A kind of serenity, anyway, where I kinda... wasn't there? But I was?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:13 pm

Kyosei's eyes narrow. "That's the second time you've mentioned that. Two things come to mind. You may have a gift for the Void, or you may be more monastically inclined. In either case, I am not the one to teach you, but I can arrange for a teacher, who can help you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:50 pm

She cocked her head to the side and sighed.

"Well, that's too bad. Is it anyone I know?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:29 am

"The ones that are monastically inclined that come to mind the soonest are a woman named Nozomi, or a man, often seen near her, called Shinsei. For a more Void-based training, most probably one of the Isawa, one of my own teacher's brothers, or nephews. My, I suppose, cousin's in law."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:35 am

"Oh, I know Nozomi! She's cool. I mean... A bit odd, but she and her daughter are really neat."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:05 am

Kyosei nods. "I like her as well. So, would you like me to approach her? I can do so, if you prefer. Or, would you prefer your parents to approach her instead?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:50 am

"Maybe you should."

She made a face.

"If Dad tries they'll just end up talking about the old days and forget why they met in the first place..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:50 pm

Kyosei smiles. "Perhaps. Very well, I will see what I can do. Meanwhile, you need to keep practicing your meditation. Either as a spirit speaker, or a monastically inclined person, one of the bases of power is meditation."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:58 pm

"I'll try not to doze off as often."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:01 am

"If it is too often, I suppose I could use the technique one of my master's brothers used on me while I was learning. After giving me a half a candle to learn, he began striking me with a bamboo cane, to make sure I was truly one with All. If I was not, well, the pain prevented it, I found.

"Actually, I think he had a temper, and was taking some other problem out on me..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:33 am

"Dad knew a guy like that."

It had been in the Ki-Rin lands.

The man in question hadn't kept his position long.

Current Theme