Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Teaching, take 2 [D6, LM, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:47 am

"What prayers followed? Ones to the Spirits, or ones that were more along the lines of curses?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:48 am

"Mostly pious exclamations of shock."

She giggled.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:24 am

"Oh, of course. And I'm sure the Fortunes and Spirits took them in the reverence with which they were declared."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:32 am

"I cannot say, but I think Bishamon might not have cared for so many references to his anatomy..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:50 am

A snort escapes his firmly closed mouth, before he takes a deep breath. "As may be. So, any last questions before we are done for the day?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:17 am

"Just one, really... will you try to help Soryu, too? He has... visions like Dad does. So if what you say about Dad having once had the potential..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:41 am

Kyosei blinked. Then snorted again, this time before leaning back a bit. "Well. I can try. When we were talking, you parents, neither of them, mentioned anything like that. But, I can try, as the opportunity arises."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:08 am

"I think Dad is trying to help him with the visions, but I also think he sees Soryu as, well... young."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:17 am

"Which he is, but some of the main line of the Isawa start their training at or even before his age."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:14 am

"I think..." Shirayuki frowned. "Dad never really got to be a kid, if that makes sense? And I think it's why he.... takes things slow when it comes to our training. Not just in the mystical area, either- he teaches lessons, but not really... aimed at a specific duty."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:21 pm

Kyosei nods. "So, he tries to give you what he never had, not realizing what he is costing you at the same time."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:17 pm

"I think he has a handle on what he might be costing us, but... you've heard how he talks about bushido. I think undercutting it a bit is sort of the point."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

"Bushido has it's points. But, it also has areas it is severely deficient in. So, some of us try to keep it in rein, not let those areas be forgotten, because they are not 'glorious' or 'clean' enough."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:48 am

"Exactly."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:55 am

"Well! Our time is up. And, I think I hear your stomach growling - though it might be mine!"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:00 am

"Likely both "

She smiled and bowed.

"Thank you, Uncle Kyosei."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:02 am

"Sorry I couldn't do more, but that is life."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:04 am

"You did what you could. No one should ask more than that."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:13 am

Kyosei nodded, then rose.

Opening the door, he motioned for the teen to lead the way.

/scene?

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:16 am

[/Scene!]

Current Theme