Day 5 EE: Otterly delighted

Togashi Satsuki

Re: Day 5 EE: Otterly delighted

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:37 pm
"Ah, that's good to know, Togashi-sama!", she answers, and when the dragon woman offers her hand she actually encourages Saen to crawl towards her, which she happily does. Two other heads then pop out from the basket and start looking curiously at where their companion is going.

Looking at her hair again for a moment, the Ki-rin smiles. No... this can't be it. But then...

She shakes her head slightly. "Ah... ", she starts, then takes a moment to process the girl's words. "So... four temples, then! And...around the Shinomen?" She stops to think for a while. She's no expert in geography, but she think does remember there is a great forest to the south of their lands. "I see!" She seems curious and pensive for a while. "If you'll allow me, Togashi-sama... might I ask if you know why this interest of Togashi-sama in the Shinomen forest? And... may I ask whether these temples would be dedicated to any spirits, entities or events in particular?"

She then beams her a smile, one that seems kind and honest, but a bit apologetic. "Well... as I said, I'm not an important representative, so I couldn't take such a decision myself, I'm afraid. But I can certainly take this suggestion back to Chaihime-sama and, hopefully, eventually to Shinjo no Kami-sama. Eh... possibly with my recommendation, for whatever it's worth? Not that I think it's worth that much..."
OMHIGOSHOTTERSITSTHEBESTDAYEVER!SOCUTE!

Satsuki finally had found something to truly put her ability to focus to the test. A good thing her teachers had never deployed cute little critters to test her on that.

"My lord father is not one to share his thoughts often on such things, but I know he doesn't request anything like this lightly or without good reason. From my understanding, the Shinomen Mori is still largely unexplored, but rumored to contain many dangers - spiritual and mundane. To my knowledge, these four temples, when properly sanctified and blessed, would create a spiritual barrier of protection." She bowed her head, while hands were busy with otter-petting. "Apart from that, the temple could serve the local people in your lands, as a place of prayer and holiness, for people to visit for blessings, and spiritual aid, perhaps even for learning too. We are not opposed to it being utilized by the Ki-rin in such a manner, and we have no need to claim ownership of it either if that makes it easier for you."

"I'm certain Lady Shinjo would understand if you bring this to her. She trusted you to come here for the wedding and for the Emperor's court, neh?"
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:46 am
"If I may interrupt, Dragon-sama, Ki Rin-sama." She bowed yet again, "If accepted the permission to build around the Shinomen, I would like to think that maybe the Kaiu could aide in building using the planning of Togashi-sama of course. I would do all I could to ensure that the best of our architects would help build it."
Satsuki looked up with some surprise at the interruption, but she seemed more pleasantly surprised than upset over it. "... Really? I'm sure the assistance of the Crab would be of great help!"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:48 pm
OMHIGOSHOTTERSITSTHEBESTDAYEVER!SOCUTE!

Satsuki finally had found something to truly put her ability to focus to the test. A good thing her teachers had never deployed cute little critters to test her on that.

"My lord father is not one to share his thoughts often on such things, but I know he doesn't request anything like this lightly or without good reason. From my understanding, the Shinomen Mori is still largely unexplored, but rumored to contain many dangers - spiritual and mundane. To my knowledge, these four temples, when properly sanctified and blessed, would create a spiritual barrier of protection." She bowed her head, while hands were busy with otter-petting. "Apart from that, the temple could serve the local people in your lands, as a place of prayer and holiness, for people to visit for blessings, and spiritual aid, perhaps even for learning too. We are not opposed to it being utilized by the Ki-rin in such a manner, and we have no need to claim ownership of it either if that makes it easier for you."

"I'm certain Lady Shinjo would understand if you bring this to her. She trusted you to come here for the wedding and for the Emperor's court, neh?"
The Ki-rin keeps a kind smile on her face while Satsuki speaks - whether due to seeing the Dragon princess have a good time with her furry siblings, due to her words about the temple, or both, is anyone guess.

"I... can't claim to know much about such things, Togashi-sama - my people's spirituality was... focused on nature as it is, I suppose. But that is a most generous offer. I can't decide on it here and now, as I said... but I'll gladly take Togashi-no-kami-sama's kind offer home, and speak on its behalf if I can", she says with a nod and a kind smile. A slight worry seems to cross her eyes for a moment. "These dangers, though... is there something about the Shimomen that I should bring home word of as well, Togashi-sama?"

The worry soon gives way to another friendly smile, though. "Shinjo-no-Kami-ue is very kind and compassionate. When the time came for it to happen... my people were lucky that it was her we joined", she says, and Satsuki will see a sheen of honest admiration on the river girl's eyes, perhaps surprisingly given the girl's commitment to her former tribe's history and ways. "I'm almost sure Shinjo no Kami-ue will be happy to abide to her brother's offer, Togashi-sama. She's very fond of her siblings.", she says with a tender smile - perhaps due to seeing in the Kami some reflections of her own feelings. "I'm sure she'll be happy to do what she can to bring the family closer." She nods. "In fact... is there something we may offer Togashi-no-kami's people to bring our clans closer?"
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:48 pm
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:46 am
"If I may interrupt, Dragon-sama, Ki Rin-sama." She bowed yet again, "If accepted the permission to build around the Shinomen, I would like to think that maybe the Kaiu could aide in building using the planning of Togashi-sama of course. I would do all I could to ensure that the best of our architects would help build it."
Satsuki looked up with some surprise at the interruption, but she seemed more pleasantly surprised than upset over it. "... Really? I'm sure the assistance of the Crab would be of great help!"
To the Anjing's words, Kotsume answers with another friendly smile and a nod. "Should I bring word of this offer to Shinjo-no-kami-ue as well then, Anjing-sama?"

EDIT: Grammar is hard when editing things a few times over the course of half an hour XD
Last edited by Chai Kotsume on Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:00 pm
To the Anjing's words, Kotsume answers with another friendly smile and a nod. "Should I bring word of this offer to Shinjo-no-kami-ue as well then, Anjing-sama?"
"It is the desire of the Crab to help our neighbor clans, among them also the Ki Rin, of course. We protect the border, but also wish to participate in the rest of the Empire, and helping with constructing would be a way to do so."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:41 pm
"It is the desire of the Crab to help our neighbor clans, among them also the Ki Rin, of course. We protect the border, but also wish to participate in the rest of the Empire, and helping with constructing would be a way to do so."
Kotsume nods with another smile. "Well, I'm sure Shinjo-ue will be delighted for an offer from another of her siblings! I'll be sure to bring word of this generous offer to her as well", she looks at Satsuki for a moment. "Considering the offer has Togashi-sama's blessing as well, of course."
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:44 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:53 pm
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:41 pm
Kotsume nods with another smile. "Well, I'm sure Shinjo-ue will be delighted for an offer from another of her siblings! I'll be sure to bring word of this generous offer to her as well", she looks at Satsuki for a moment. "Considering the offer has Togashi-sama's blessing as well, of course."
Clearly I am a diplomatic genius!!

Through little effort she had gotten a completely unexpected but helpful support from the Crab, and it looked fine with the Ki-rin too.

"The support of the Crab would be most welcome. And I trust Chai-san will speak with the Lady Shinjo." Satsuki was all smiles about how well this was going, and there were otters to pet!

"Ah, you're already doing us a great service, Chai-san, I couldn't possibly ask more of you. But I'm interested to hear what both the Crab and Ki-rin might have need of? It's possible we can help eachother."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:18 am

Sagara meditated and thought about what her clan would be in need of and that the Dragon could have. In general the conditions of on place and the other were very similar. Maybe the Crab even had a more abundant crop yield since their lands were less abrupt and had steppes to grow crop on. The minerals of one and the other were more or less the same, since the Crab lands extended over all the Great Wall of the North. "There is but only one thing that I can think of, and it is to help support our clan. The Crab duties are to protect the Dragon, Bat and Spider clans from the northern tribes. That means we have little time to form courtiers and to aide our clan in court, so the Dragon could support us in terms that are not contradictory to the Dragon's aims."
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:44 pm
Clearly I am a diplomatic genius!!

Through little effort she had gotten a completely unexpected but helpful support from the Crab, and it looked fine with the Ki-rin too.

"The support of the Crab would be most welcome. And I trust Chai-san will speak with the Lady Shinjo." Satsuki was all smiles about how well this was going, and there were otters to pet!

"Ah, you're already doing us a great service, Chai-san, I couldn't possibly ask more of you. But I'm interested to hear what both the Crab and Ki-rin might have need of? It's possible we can help eachother."
The three otters seemed to make themselves quite comfortable with Satsuki's petting, slowly making their ways into her lap and competing for the attention of her hands.

Meanwhile, their human nodded with another kind smile. "Well... I suppose keeping close to Togashi no Kami-sama's people is as much as Shinjo-ue would ask of her brother's clan, Togashi-sama. Hopefully this endeavour of yours in Shinjo-ue's lands will be an opportunity for strengthened ties between our people, ne?"

She wonders for a moment. "Maybe... the Dragon do have a large river running through its southernmost lands? Have you had troubles in that area, I wonder, Togashi-sama?"
Status

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:36 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:18 am
Sagara meditated and thought about what her clan would be in need of and that the Dragon could have. In general the conditions of on place and the other were very similar. Maybe the Crab even had a more abundant crop yield since their lands were less abrupt and had steppes to grow crop on. The minerals of one and the other were more or less the same, since the Crab lands extended over all the Great Wall of the North. "There is but only one thing that I can think of, and it is to help support our clan. The Crab duties are to protect the Dragon, Bat and Spider clans from the northern tribes. That means we have little time to form courtiers and to aide our clan in court, so the Dragon could support us in terms that are not contradictory to the Dragon's aims."
"I think we could probably work something out. I can't say for certain now, but I will certainly speak to my mother about it, as it sounds like something she'd be willing to do - those who follow her aren't warriors but artisans and diplomats, and interested in peaceful solutions, so I think such should be possible to accomodate." She nodded thoughtfully. "We could probably accept some Crab into Great Falls to learn her teachings too - which could be a good alternative for members of the Crab who are not fit to fight?"
Chai Kotsume wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:12 pm
The three otters seemed to make themselves quite comfortable with Satsuki's petting, slowly making their ways into her lap and competing for the attention of her hands.

Meanwhile, their human nodded with another kind smile. "Well... I suppose keeping close to Togashi no Kami-sama's people is as much as Shinjo-ue would ask of her brother's clan, Togashi-sama. Hopefully this endeavour of yours in Shinjo-ue's lands will be an opportunity for strengthened ties between our people, ne?"

She wonders for a moment. "Maybe... the Dragon do have a large river running through its southernmost lands? Have you had troubles in that area, I wonder, Togashi-sama?"
Satsuki wracked her mind for what she knew of her land's geography and holdings, all the while giving in more to the demanding otters.

"Ah... hmmm... there really aren't any rivers in our lands, I think. There is the lowlands below the Great Climb, where many of our people do farming-work as it is less harsh than the mountains. A river flows there into the great river that encircles the lands of the Lion and the Ki'rin - which I think goes all the way down to the Scorpion. But our people haven't really claimed the area there as such officially... at least from what I know."
Theme | Profile

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:52 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:36 pm
"I think we could probably work something out. I can't say for certain now, but I will certainly speak to my mother about it, as it sounds like something she'd be willing to do - those who follow her aren't warriors but artisans and diplomats, and interested in peaceful solutions, so I think such should be possible to accomodate." She nodded thoughtfully. "We could probably accept some Crab into Great Falls to learn her teachings too - which could be a good alternative for members of the Crab who are not fit to fight?"
"You are a blessing, Togashi Satsuki-sama. I sure am happy that the fortunes have brought us together today." She bowed in thanks. "You can always count on us to help you as well, sama, the Crab will protect your home from all northern tribes. And if the Dragon may need any help, I hope that they will find in the Crab a strong brother at arms reach."
Anjing Sagara

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:45 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:36 pm
Satsuki wracked her mind for what she knew of her land's geography and holdings, all the while giving in more to the demanding otters.

"Ah... hmmm... there really aren't any rivers in our lands, I think. There is the lowlands below the Great Climb, where many of our people do farming-work as it is less harsh than the mountains. A river flows there into the great river that encircles the lands of the Lion and the Ki'rin - which I think goes all the way down to the Scorpion. But our people haven't really claimed the area there as such officially... at least from what I know."
"Ah!" The River girl ponders for a while, then opens a wide smile and shakes her head. "Sorry, Togashi-sama! I must have got confused... still figuring out some of the distribution of the clans!" Still smiling, she falls silent, thinking for a while longer before she nods. "Well... I can't think of much else, really.", she adds with a cheerful nod. "The offer for the temple is a great gift already, in fact! And as I said, I hope it will be a chance for strengthened ties in the future. If the Ki-rin may help with something else in the future, please let us know!"

OOC: Thought I had answered here after the talk on Discord but totally forgot to! XD sorry!
Status