Day 5 EE: Otterly delighted

Wu Zhe

Day 5 EE: Otterly delighted

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:17 pm

There was still time...was it?

While he was mostly waiting for one of the Ki-Rin representative to arrive, he couldn't help but peruse the library while he waited. He focused on agricultural treatises and natural lore but that topic did not seem as elaborated as it should have been.

The population who knows the most is still largely illiterate and others won't bother writing down what peasants know
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Togashi Satsuki

Re: Day 5 EE: Otterly delighted

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:32 pm

It seemed like there were three things in this world that could keep the young princess quiet and at rest. Well, four if you counted sleeping, and even that was debatable sometimes.

Food.
Meditation.
And studying.

So now she was rather quietly sitting and reading over some more esoteric texts about spiritual worship in the tribes of old. Sure, she was supposed to be here to watch and learn more about politics and interacting with the other clans on a more professional level, but... there were scrolls to read!
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:19 pm

Sagara walked along the halls of the library, holding a book on theology after her encounter with Shinsei. She held her own writings in her bag, which she would bring to her daimyo when she got back home, and she read through the theology scroll on fortunes, comparing the text to the lesson she had learned from the monk. The woman turned and found a pair of samurai.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:17 pm
There was still time...was it?

While he was mostly waiting for one of the Ki-Rin representative to arrive, he couldn't help but peruse the library while he waited. He focused on agricultural treatises and natural lore but that topic did not seem as elaborated as it should have been.

The population who knows the most is still largely illiterate and others won't bother writing down what peasants know
The library? Seriously?

The River girl walked into the room for the first time. She had learnt to read, of course, and she had had to study scrolls and books during her training with the Chai. Now and then. But the thought of learning from scrolls instead of from experience was still something quite alien to her...

When she walked in, however, she couldn't hide her surprise, and some amazement as she stood there with her jaw dropped. She has definitely never seen such a collection of tomes in a single place.

Her first feeling was worry. How in the three margins of the Great River will they move all this when they have to go?, she thought instinctively. Soon she shook her head. The answer was obvious - they wouldn't have to move it. Shouldn't, at least.

That was all very new, and still confusing. But seeing all this novelty there... And after her experience registering knowledge herself this afternoon - or trying to, at least... Maybe she should give it a chance at some time.

For now, however, she finally remembered why she was there, and scanned the room for the Dragon farmer/samurai she'd been organising the event related to animals with, who had invited her to a talk there. Seeing him, and soon a girl in Crab colours and the other, important dragon lady, she walked to them, smiling warmly, started to extend her hands to greet them, then awkwardly stopped midway and bowed - extra low to the crab and the dragon girl, just in case.

"Good evening, Zh... Eh, Wu-san, Togashi-san, eh... Crab-san." Then, turning to Zhe, and a bit uncertainly also to the Togashi. "You... Wanted to discuss something, Wu-san? Is it about the festival to honour human-animal traditions tomorrow? Or was it something else?"
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm

Satsuki looked up from the scroll she was reading... the Crab was an unknown to her, as was the Ki-rin. Except she knew Zhe was here to meet a Ki-rin and she remembered Kotsume as one of the otter-girls from the other day.

"Crab-san. And Ki-rin-san." She stood and bowed, keeping her voice a bit lower than usual because this was after all a library.

"Pleased to meet you both, ah... are you both here to speak with Zhe?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm
Satsuki looked up from the scroll she was reading... the Crab was an unknown to her, as was the Ki-rin. Except she knew Zhe was here to meet a Ki-rin and she remembered Kotsume as one of the otter-girls from the other day.

"Crab-san. And Ki-rin-san." She stood and bowed, keeping her voice a bit lower than usual because this was after all a library.

"Pleased to meet you both, ah... are you both here to speak with Zhe?"
Taking the hint that she might have been speaking too loudly, the Ki-rin girl bowed again and even lower and did her best to keep her voice down as well. "Ah... Pleased to meet you as well, Togashi-sama! I'm Kotsume, from the river peoples among the Chai. Wu-san had mentioned Togashi-sama while we were talking about organising a contest for tomorrow", she says with a wide smile, although her head is still down.

"And..." She looks at Zhe again. "Zhe-san asked if I could have a word with him... Maybe it involves Togashi-sama and Crab-sama as well?", She says, eyeing them both in turn.
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Wu had been closing the scrolls he had been looking at when the Ki-Rin woman he had expected came around. He had not expected a Crab woman to be there as well, however.

''Thank you for coming Chai-san'' he said with a bow ''I do have something to talk about you that involves our clans but...I did not expect a representative of the Crab to be here.''

He turned to the third woman

''My apologies. This is Togashi Satsuki and I am Wu Zhe of the Dragon Clan...Did you wish to talk to us?''

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:54 pm

"Chai-ch---san." Damnit, it was too easy to slip into saying something like Chai-chan.

Satsuki for the moment was more interested in Kotsume than the Crab, curiously looking over the Ki-rin girl. Or rather, looking for something. "... No otters today?"
Theme | Profile

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm

"I'm sorry for disturbing, I will leave you to your own, since I was just passing by and wondered about my neighbors the Dragon. I hope to see you some other time, then." She excused herself before wondering off once again.
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:35 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm
"I'm sorry for disturbing, I will leave you to your own, since I was just passing by and wondered about my neighbors the Dragon. I hope to see you some other time, then." She excused herself before wondering off once again.
''There is no disturbance Crab-sama. If there is query on your mind I would gladly hear of it...''

He turned to Satsuki ''Could you speak to Chai-san about our clan project? I believe you are better versed then I on this topic.''

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:41 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:35 pm
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm
''There is no disturbance Crab-sama. If there is query on your mind I would gladly hear of it...''

He turned to Satsuki ''Could you speak to Chai-san about our clan project? I believe you are better versed then I on this topic.''
"I can do that!" Satsuki nodded with enthusiasm. A smile was given to the Crab, and then to Kotsume.
Theme | Profile

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:54 pm

He bowed to his fellow dragon ''Thank you Togashi-sama''

He then turns to the Ki-Rin ''My apologies Chai-san''

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:19 am

"Well, as guardians of the north border, since our lands extend all through the north of the Empire, we the Crab are trying our best to protect our neighbors, the Dragon, the Spider and the Bat from the northern tribes. But as a shugenja it is not only my duty to protect the border but also to be spiritual guide of my clan. But I feel that there is still much to learn in that aspect, and I was hoping to consult with the Dragon in that aspect."
Anjing Sagara

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:46 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:54 pm
He bowed to his fellow dragon ''Thank you Togashi-sama''

He then turns to the Ki-Rin ''My apologies Chai-san''
Having greeted all of them appropriately - or at least she thought so - she smiles to the Anjing and Zhe, bowing to them again. "No apologies needed, Wu-san", she says with a smile, then happily turns her attention to the Togashi.

"So..." she points a seat close to her with her head, then to another table farther from where they were. "Do we talk here, Togashi-sama?"

Meanwhile, a small head pokes out from the lid of the basket on Kotsume's back, curious about this place and the different voices. Its movements and curiosity seemed to suggest it considered an area at a corner close to the window with a dried plant ornament as a particularly good option for the human's discussion.
Status

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:08 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:46 pm
Having greeted all of them appropriately - or at least she thought so - she smiles to the Anjing and Zhe, bowing to them again. "No apologies needed, Wu-san", she says with a smile, then happily turns her attention to the Togashi.

"So..." she points a seat close to her with her head, then to another table farther from where they were. "Do we talk here, Togashi-sama?"

Meanwhile, a small head pokes out from the lid of the basket on Kotsume's back, curious about this place and the different voices. Its movements and curiosity seemed to suggest it considered an area at a corner close to the window with a dried plant ornament as a particularly good option for the human's discussion.
"Yes, that will be fine," she nodded, wasting little time to scoot off to the side to the designated table. As she looked back to Kotsume, her face brightened (was there even a small aura of light to her?) with cheer. "Ahh... so you did bring your cute little friend."

Realising she was supposed to be talking about important stuff, she brought a hand to her mouth and cleared her throat in a gentle cough. "I mean... mm... I'm very happy you have your companion with you. There is a matter that the Dragon wishes to work with the Ki-rin about. In return we wouldn't mind seeing what we can do to help you in return, yes?"

"Makes sense?"
Theme | Profile

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:19 am
"Well, as guardians of the north border, since our lands extend all through the north of the Empire, we the Crab are trying our best to protect our neighbors, the Dragon, the Spider and the Bat from the northern tribes. But as a shugenja it is not only my duty to protect the border but also to be spiritual guide of my clan. But I feel that there is still much to learn in that aspect, and I was hoping to consult with the Dragon in that aspect."
''I am not well versed in spirituality but I will do my best to help as much as I can. I am Wu Zhe.'' he said with a bow

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:07 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:08 pm
"Yes, that will be fine," she nodded, wasting little time to scoot off to the side to the designated table. As she looked back to Kotsume, her face brightened (was there even a small aura of light to her?) with cheer. "Ahh... so you did bring your cute little friend."

Realising she was supposed to be talking about important stuff, she brought a hand to her mouth and cleared her throat in a gentle cough. "I mean... mm... I'm very happy you have your companion with you. There is a matter that the Dragon wishes to work with the Ki-rin about. In return we wouldn't mind seeing what we can do to help you in return, yes?"

"Makes sense?"
Kotsume flashes a shy smile at Satsuki. "Ah...", she goes, taking the basket from her back and looking at it. "Saen was out exploring already?", she says with a silent chuckle. "Yeah.. they're family! I don't often leave them behind... I hope it's not a problem!", she says, looking around to double-check she's not disturbing the others in the library - not too much, at least...

Settling herself close to the Togashi and leaving the basket in her lap, her hands now and then caressing and herding the otters, she looks at the fair-haired woman and nods.

For a moment, she wonders. Fair haired? Was she...

... but that silhouette seemed a bit different, and it was more golden than that fair, maybe? Hm...

"Hai", she then finally answers. "Togashi-sama, I'm... actually not a very important representative of the Ki-rin, I'm afraid... but I'll be happy to hear you and do what I can!". Another nod. "I know Shinjo no Kami-sama is most intent on keeping close and warm to the people of all her siblings", she adds with a kind smile.
Status

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:15 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:07 pm
Kotsume flashes a shy smile at Satsuki. "Ah...", she goes, taking the basket from her back and looking at it. "Saen was out exploring already?", she says with a silent chuckle. "Yeah.. they're family! I don't often leave them behind... I hope it's not a problem!", she says, looking around to double-check she's not disturbing the others in the library - not too much, at least...

Settling herself close to the Togashi and leaving the basket in her lap, her hands now and then caressing and herding the otters, she looks at the fair-haired woman and nods.

For a moment, she wonders. Fair haired? Was she...

... but that silhouette seemed a bit different, and it was more golden than that fair, maybe? Hm...

"Hai", she then finally answers. "Togashi-sama, I'm... actually not a very important representative of the Ki-rin, I'm afraid... but I'll be happy to hear you and do what I can!". Another nod. "I know Shinjo no Kami-sama is most intent on keeping close and warm to the people of all her siblings", she adds with a kind smile.
"So cute..." she was for the moment distracted by the otter... then realised Kotsume had asked her something. "No, no, it's no trouble at all. I love cute animals." There was that kind of sense of longing to her tone, like someone who didn't get to spend enough time with animals.

There was not much golden to Satsuki's hair. It was more like the white of the full moon, silvery, cold... her eyes on the other hand, while green, had a golden hue to them.

"Ah, well... it's a matter of a task Lord Togashi-no-kami has given us. We've been asked to assure the construction of four temples around the Shinomen Mori, one at each cardinal direction. That means the northern temple would be in the lands of the Ki-rin... and first of all we don't want to build a temple on your lands without permission. Secondly, any help to the construction itself would be appricated. The temple would be of benefit to the Ki-rin to utilize as they wish, as we don't wish to hold land or property so far away from our own home."

As she spoke she offered her hand to the otter to sniff, hoping she'd get to pet the little creature.
Theme | Profile

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:46 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:54 pm
''I am not well versed in spirituality but I will do my best to help as much as I can. I am Wu Zhe.'' he said with a bow
"I was distracted and forgot to present myself, I am Anjing Sagara." She bowed once more, "Might be more versed than myself and just be humble about it, Wu Zhe-sama." She added courtly.

The samurai-ko could not avoid over hearing the problem of the other dragon as well, and her conversation, catching bits and pieces of it. Especially because the cutest that she had ever seen before was right there just massaging its own cheeks with such human-like behavior, with a wide grin on its face, that she could not avoid looking his way.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:15 pm
"Ah, well... it's a matter of a task Lord Togashi-no-kami has given us. We've been asked to assure the construction of four temples around the Shinomen Mori, one at each cardinal direction. That means the northern temple would be in the lands of the Ki-rin... and first of all we don't want to build a temple on your lands without permission. Secondly, any help to the construction itself would be appricated. The temple would be of benefit to the Ki-rin to utilize as they wish, as we don't wish to hold land or property so far away from our own home."

As she spoke she offered her hand to the otter to sniff, hoping she'd get to pet the little creature.
"If I may interrupt, Dragon-sama, Ki Rin-sama." She bowed yet again, "If accepted the permission to build around the Shinomen, I would like to think that maybe the Kaiu could aide in building using the planning of Togashi-sama of course. I would do all I could to ensure that the best of our architects would help build it."
Anjing Sagara

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:15 pm
"So cute..." she was for the moment distracted by the otter... then realised Kotsume had asked her something. "No, no, it's no trouble at all. I love cute animals." There was that kind of sense of longing to her tone, like someone who didn't get to spend enough time with animals.

There was not much golden to Satsuki's hair. It was more like the white of the full moon, silvery, cold... her eyes on the other hand, while green, had a golden hue to them.

"Ah, that's good to know, Togashi-sama!", she answers, and when the dragon woman offers her hand she actually encourages Saen to crawl towards her, which she happily does. Two other heads then pop out from the basket and start looking curiously at where their companion is going.

Looking at her hair again for a moment, the Ki-rin smiles. No... this can't be it. But then...

She shakes her head slightly. "Ah... ", she starts, then takes a moment to process the girl's words. "So... four temples, then! And...around the Shinomen?" She stops to think for a while. She's no expert in geography, but she think does remember there is a great forest to the south of their lands. "I see!" She seems curious and pensive for a while. "If you'll allow me, Togashi-sama... might I ask if you know why this interest of Togashi-sama in the Shinomen forest? And... may I ask whether these temples would be dedicated to any spirits, entities or events in particular?"

She then beams her a smile, one that seems kind and honest, but a bit apologetic. "Well... as I said, I'm not an important representative, so I couldn't take such a decision myself, I'm afraid. But I can certainly take this suggestion back to Chaihime-sama and, hopefully, eventually to Shinjo no Kami-sama. Eh... possibly with my recommendation, for whatever it's worth? Not that I think it's worth that much..."
Status