[D5 LM] Studies in Practical Spiritualism

Hisomu Susumu

Re: [D5 LM] Studies in Practical Spiritualism

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:03 am

"In my particular case, the changes are for the better." Susumu takes a sip. "I had intended to stay awhile, to look at the Imperial archives. But this has kept people closer, and for longer, and I consider such a happenstance to be far more interesting. It has led to me meeting a host of interesting people"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:56 pm

She nodded. "I must agree. I had not intended to be away from home for the season, but this has already been an enlightening experience. I've not had the opportunity to meet so many people before or to spend so much time with my cousins."
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:49 pm

"I've met people, but not many of such different types and from such diverse a background. It has a way of expanding your horizons." Susumu studies the woman. " Out of curiosity, how many of your cousins are here? I believe I was only introduced to Dojihime-sam and Satsuki-san. The three of you are...rather different. You are the only one who seemed interested to talk policy"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:34 pm

"Hantei Genji-san is here as well." she said. "There are a few differences in each of our positions. I know that I will be guiding the Bat and I suspect it will be sooner than may be ideal. So, I'm trying to prepare myself for the responsibilities I will take on."
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:05 pm

"You are expecting it soon?" Susumu does his best to hide his surprise, but his tone gives it away. "Forgive me" He continues gently. "I had not heard of anything amiss."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:05 am

She shook her head. "She is well. There is no indication otherwise. But, the Void has taught me not to ignore what instinct suggests."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Susumu is silent for a moment, brow furrowing. "Do you believe the source of the issue to be Jigoku?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:47 pm

"No, that isn't it." she shook her head, pausing for a moment before speaking. "I have noticed, while visiting my aunts, uncles and cousins, that those closest to the Kami seem to have been blessed with greater vitality, likely the influence of Tengoku. I believe it is different for my family, however. We may be touched by the heavens, but we are also influenced by Meido."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:38 pm

"Ahhhh" Light seems to dawn in Susumu's eyes. "I think I see what you mean. It is a reasonable assumption that a connection to Meido would have different effects. Perhaps the opposite effect in fact. I fear I don't know enough about how this works to know for sure, but I follow your logic"

Susumu seems to think about it. "Do you know what you intend to do going forward to consolidate your position and inheritance?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm

"Are you asking if I've made marriage plans?" There was an amused smile. "I have not. I am still considering my options."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:28 pm

"Well, your shortened would likely rule out Hisomu Eiji." Susumu offers a small smile. "He's a bit young for you, never mind that it would rather complicate the lines of the two Clans. I am sure that a great many are already interested"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:34 pm

"In truth, I have not ventured far beyond our borders." she explained. "Until now, I've only traveled as far as the Dragon mountains and into the Ki-Rin plains. That limits my familiarity with many things."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:43 pm

"I think that is part of why exchanging students is of interest to me." Susumu flashes a smile. "I mean, yes, I think it strengthens my Clan to have a greater variety of knowledge and skills, but also to see something different."

He does look askance for a moment, smile turning rueful for a moment. "But come now, there's no need to be modest. You're the heiress of a Clan, and by your own admission you're likely to assume leadership duties soon. And, you know, the obvious.." Susumu makes a vague gesture

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:37 pm

It seemed like she didn't know. At the least, it took her a few moments to understand. "Ah. I'm not sure of that. I've been complimented quite often, but it is expected that an heir be given such respect. Even one such as myself."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:01 am

Susumu wrinkles his nose, a smile quirking at his lips. "Well, certainly respect is due an heir. But you certainly seem to be well prepared for it. I do not intend to speak ill of your cousins, and I have only met two but they seem to have the benefit that they expect to have time before they take on duties: Dojihime-san seems quite able at playing the games of Court but plays them for the pure enjoyment of it. Satsuki is quite brilliant, but very clearly would prefer to be in a library. You know what will be coming, and you are already moving to prepare without stepping on any toes, and I think that does you credit"

" But that's not what I meant" Susumu pauses. "What I meant is that you are a beautiful woman. Stunning really, which makes your modesty about it surprising"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:10 pm

It was impossible for her to hide the blush. "It's more than that. I am not like the others. I do not have Dojihime's training or Satsuki's freedom. We are shaped by our experiences and few have experienced what I have. It makes understanding difficult."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:45 pm

"Oh? What is it that makes you different?" Susumu edges closer. "I don't mean it in a bad way. It's simply that the differences, whatever had made you...you, well it makes it easier you very relatable. We each grew up with the idea of responsibilities that needed to me taken on, I believe. I had a host of fellow brothers and sister, and an extended Clan that I felt that I needed to watch out for. I had to be greater for you"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:09 pm

"As I said, we are tied closely to the realm my father waits in." she answered. "That is where my life began. I was stillborn, Hisomu-san, and Meido and those would dwell there still call to me."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Susumu can feel the shock register on his face, but he doesn't move away. "Oh. I can't say I was expecting that but...you think it would turn people away? Annoy suitors that they won't get the extra long life effects of marrying you that your cousins might enjoy?" Susumu examines the Bat, curious about her response
"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:26 pm

"They still might." she shrugged. "It just makes it difficult to connect with others. Even among the Bat, even among my siblings, I am the quiet one, the distant one, the dead girl. It was similar for my mother, among the Seppun."