[D3 - LM] Writting and Art (Open)

Saru Yatsufusa

[D3 - LM] Writting and Art (Open)

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Today the young Saru shugenja decided to play a game, so to say, that has been spreading through the attendees of the weeding. It consisted in writting a few words, usually in secret, as a part of a game.

Yatsufusa was not completely knowgeable about the concept, but he was always open to learning new stuff, and also about playing and discovering new concepts, of all types of areas, whether it is spiritual or artistic.

He brought some ink and brushes, and some paper in order to start its artistic expression.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Otomo Gusai

Re: [D3 - LM] Writting and Art (Open)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Still carrying the cord from before, Gusai comes into the rooms, looking for...something with his single eye. Finding the Dragon, though, he nods a greeting.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Giving a few moments of thought then Yatsufusa left its imagination and creativity to take control of his hand, as he wrote down with the brushes.

Once the poem was ready, he noticed the other samurai making a greeting from afar, and Yatsufusa acknowledged him with a slight nod. At the same time he began to prepare the rest of the presentation of the letter.

[OOC-Rolls]

Artisan: Poetry/Awareness, 1 VP, 2CR - 33|Pass [TN20, 1VP, 2CR]
Artisan: Origami/Awareness, 1VP, 2CR - 37|Pass [TN20, 1 VP, 2CR]
Calligraphy/Intelligence - 20|Pass [TN15]

Poem, here
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:17 pm

Gusai watches intently. He's not skilled in the arts on display, certainly, but that doesn't mean he doesn't see hard work and application in play, or that he doesn't appreciate such things.

His eye glances down at the cord in his hands--which he quickly coils neatly and tucks away.
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:21 pm

As he finished the presentation of his letter, the young dragon created a rather beautiful flower shape with the paper, quite interesting at first glance. It would seem that the letter can be opened by moving the petals so its contents could be read.

Once that was done, the young dragon picked up his walking stick and approached the samurai from before.

'' This one hopes that you had been blessed this day, Stag-sama.'' He bowed to him. '' This one's name is Saru Yatsufusa.''

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 pm

Gusai bows in return. "Otomo Gusai, skipper of the Hopeful Endeavor," he replies, then adds, "If I may, my friend, what were you doing just then?"
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:32 pm

'' It is an honor, Otomo Gusai-sama.'' He bowed again. Then presented the letter to the stag so he could see it.

'' Oh, this? It would seem that there is some sort of cultural event, perhaps a game, which involves in writting some sort of thing into a letter, which can be then delivered to another one so it can be replied.'' He said to him, not so sure about the rules. '' This one has heard that Doji-no-kami invented this game and it has been spreading thanks to the efforts of the Daughter of Heavens.''

'' Some among the people present here has been playing this game, and so i found this fascinating and tried to see if i could be part of it.'' He adds.

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:02 am

Gusai nods.

"Following local practice's usually a good way to go," he affirms. "Though there've been times I've seen that it didn't go so swimmingly. Of course, those weren't in places nearly so nice as this, so that's got something to do with it."

He chuckles.
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:00 pm

'' Indeed. Well, i'm not here for mastering the abilities, simply to have some sort of fun and well see where we go from there...'' He chuckled.

'' And you Otomo Gusai-sama, if might ask you, what brought you today to the library?'' He asked politely.

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:12 pm

"Wandering, for one," he replies. "Always good to check out the holds and such.

"And finding new people, and new things. Both are also always good to do."
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:15 pm

'' Interesting.'' Yatsufusa thought for a moment.

'' You said you are the Captain of a Ship, this Hopeful Endevour. Quite fascinating. I, for one, have never seen the vast oceans. I was brought with my parents when i was little to the mountains, following Togashi-no-kami, and mostly lived up there all my life.'' He explained.

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:18 pm

"I've been meeting many people who have not," Gusai replies. "I have not spent much time in mountains, myself, so I suppose there is that. But I would, of course, commend the sea to any who would seek it."

He considers a moment, then asks "And how is your family?"
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:24 pm

'' Looking at the vast sea must be quite an extraordinary sight.'' He expressed. '' Never ending elemental water and the power of the kami, it would be quite awesome to see such display of nature's raw power.''

He shrugs. '' I hope they are doing well, to be honest, i have not seen them in quite a while. I try to keep contact with them, but my training in the elemental prayers specifically reduces my time with other people dramatically. My sensei was imperative that connections should be lessen in order to detach myself due to my powers.'' He adds, a bit sad.

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:28 pm

"You are a priest, then?" Gusai asks. "Or is there another term preferred in your homeland for one who speaks with the spirits?"
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 pm

'' Priest is fine. Priest of the elements, of the Fortunes.'' He nods. '' Earlier on my parents era before the Sons and Daughters of Heavens fell from the skies, shaman would also be a good term, but now it has fell on disuse for priest.''

'' But, yes, my main elemental affinity is air, although i can also have the rare gift of piercing the veil of reality itself and see the void.'' He said to him.

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 pm

"A priest who can command the winds would be a valuable member of a crew," Gusai says, cupping his chin. "The Seppun and her acolytes tend to stay ashore, and no blame upon them for it. The Otomo have not run long on priests, though we value their wisdom, of course."
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:08 pm

'' Indeed, although one such like myself, i don't know if it would be a worthy addition...'' He clearly was referencing to his lame leg. '' Though i don't think controlling but rather, managing, is the correct word for it. After all, people like me, don't control anything we just ask the elemental kami to do things that we cannot.''

'' We just channel their powers through our offerings of blood.'' He explained to him. '' It is not my power, it is theirs, i just simply serve as the bridge between our worlds.''

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:12 pm

Gusai catches the intent, and he taps the lower edge of his eyepatch meaningfully.

"The loss of a member of the crew may slow the ship, but it does not sink it."
Otomo Gusai

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:08 pm

'' I see.'' He nods to him. '' I wonder how reactive would be the elements in the sea. Up in the mountains they tend to be quite reactive, powerful, showing their raw power, i assume that is the same for another of nature's vast domains.''

Background

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:03 pm

"I might guess so," Gusai replies, "though I couldn't speak to it with certainty. Again, I'm not a priest.

"Still," he continues, "perhaps it might be a thing to explore? Were you minded, I might well be able to make room on the Venture for such a trial."
Otomo Gusai