[D3LA] Seeking Answsers

Doji Hikaru

Re: [D3LA] Seeking Answsers

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 pm

Hikaru had been watching her closely for quite nearly this reason. He took the magical manifestations in stride, but Satsuki's reaction made his eyes widen just a little.

"Are you quite alright, Togashi-sama?" Hikaru's asked sharply. His right hand came up, clenched, then smoothed the sleeve of his kimono. "Do you need anything? A cup of tea, perhaps?"

Reaching out, he took the paper firmly, folding it, and tucking it out of sight in his pouch once more. He continued to watch Satsuki very carefully, as though studying her, or perhaps as though afraid she might suddenly burst into flame. "What did you mean, shouldn't exist?" He asked, tone gentle now.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:02 pm

"It's... it's wrong." She shook her head to clear her thoughts, but the feeling lingered. At least she opened her eyes again, but was squinting, similarly to how one would when dealing with a headache.

"It's not like anything of this world. Or of Tengoku as I know it, from what my parents have told me. Not even the kami can seem to understand it. It hurts my head just to look at it and trying to decipher its meanings, as if something's trying to press into my skull." A moment of thought was accompanied by her frown. "... I considered maybe a medium could glean more of it, in another realm - Rei-rei or Yatsufusa could perhaps do it, but I'm worried now of spreading this further. If it's dangerous..."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:22 pm

"That sounds... worrying." Hikaru said, speaking slowly, frowning thoughtfully once more. "Many have seen it and been unable to decipher it. This is the first reaction of this sort I have seen." He bowed. "I apologize, Togashi-sama, for inflicting this on you." He straightened, silent and considering for a moment.

He pursed his lips. "Your abilities must have something to do with it. Another indication that this is something supernatural. Perhaps another Kami-child... wait, Rei-rei?" He looked at Satsuki, eyebrows going up.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm

"One doesn't not need the spiritual understanding to see that," Ayano nodded at the Dragon's words, "Mother...Lady Makime has an interest in patterns and finds that there are a lot of shapes and ratios that repeat. In nature and among those made by intelligent hand." She taps the paper, "From what I remember of her words on the matter...these seem against all her careful observations. And yes, just looking at their...wrongness is like fingers pressing into my eyes."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Satsuki nodded to Ayano. "Indeed... it is an unnatural patterning in the writing."

Then realising she'd probably been a bit too familiar in how she talked, she flushed a little. "... Ah, I meant. Ryoshun Rei. My cousin."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:20 pm

"Of course. To go with Auntie Doji." Hikaru murmured. He looked back and forth between the two ladies, his expression bland.

Finally, he cleared his throat. "But yes. I agree. Uncanny is the word I have been using to describe them. As though to look on them for too long is to go mad..."

He shook his head. "I spoke with Ryoshun-sama earlier today. She may be willing to help." He looked at Satsuki. "Yatsufusa?" He cast a glance back at Ayano, to see if she knew of anyone who might be able to help.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 pm

Ayano didn't really notice the use of 'Rei-rei', because her family lands being near the Dragon meant she just accepted Dragon were strange people who did and said strange things.

"Saru Yatsufusa, I presume?" She asks, "There is a priest among the Lion, but I do not think this is her expertise. I am not sure who else among those I have meet has more expertise. This would appear to be beyond the scope of most." After a moment, "Have you approached the monk Shinsei? I believe he is present and seems to be well regarded for his wisdom."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:17 pm

"Is he?" Hikaru blinked his surprise. "I had not heard that he is. I would certainly ask him." His lips shifted. "While Lord Nanzi is distrustful of him, Lady Doji is not. And it is her retinue that I serve, her name that is gifted to me." As usual, he seemed a little more emotional than his usual baseline when discussing Doji.

He looked back and forth between the two again. "Where might he be found? As I understand, his comings and goings are as mysterious as his wisdom. I haven't seen him in court, at least not that I know of..." Hikaru suddenly frowned doubtfully.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 pm

"Yeah, Saru Yatsufusa," she clarified. "He's a close companion of mine, a skilled priest and a spiritwalker similar to my mother. His understanding of the other realms is greater than mine, and I would trust him with this knowledge. To be discreet." That she added in for Hikaru's sake. "You may speak to him if you have the time - let him know that I wish for him to help you."

The two of them had both been busy, so maybe Hikaru would have more luck chasing him down. Not that it was hard to chase Yatsufusa down as such.

"Hmmmm... Shinsei-sensei is here? I would check either of the temples then. He prefers to stay in such places compared to the guest quarters. You could also speak with Kuu or Nozomi of the Order of Heroes to hear where he is if you can't find him. But yeah, I'll trust Shinsei-sensei's insight!"
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:02 am

Hikaru looked at Satsuki, his lips pursed thoughtfully. "That was actually a thought that had occurred to me last night, at the telling of stories. I mentioned how your mother, Lady Saruko, helped Lord Nanzi cross the realms and speak to Lady Amaterasu, was it not? When he won her permission to marry her daughter, Lady Doji?"

He took a deep breath. "Is such a thing still possible? I have to wonder if she would be willing to lend her wisdom, or even perhaps her divine grace, to the cause of curing her daughter."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:06 am

"I believe he is here is he not?" Ayano was a bit surprised, "I...would have thought Togashi-sama would have been aware."

She smiles a bit sheepishly, "But...yes, approaching him would do no harm. I can not speak of the other two monks." The mention of Lady Sun brought a more serious expression, "Lady Doji is her daughter, so if one could speak to the Sun then she would have the motive."

Green eyes shift to Satsuki.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:15 am

Satsuki's brow furrowed in thought.

"It's not impossible... but," she crossed an arm over her torso, the other resting against it and bringing her hand to her chin. "My mother did do that, yes, but from what I understand Tengoku is hard to reach. When crossing into different realms, you require a connection of sorts to that realm. The village of the Seppun was the place the Kami fell, so it had a connection." And then there was home that also had it, but that was far away in the mountains.

"I don't know if there is such a connection here."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:36 am

Hikaru sighed; while many of his emotions were hidden, mask-like behind his features, his disappointment was clear. "And here we are, trapped, until the snow thaws enough to travel. It is very frustrating, knowing that time passes, knowing that she may be getting worse..." His hands clenched.

Another moment, and Hikaru took a deep breath. "I suppose there are still other things to try. I should not... it has been a long year." He managed something like a smile. "Thank you for your wisdom, Makime-sama, Togashi-sama." He bowed.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:38 am

"Surely the site of the Emperor's seat of power must also possess one?" Ayano added to the discussion, "Would Lord Shiba not wish to have some connection to his mother?"

She chuckles a little, "Maybe even Lady Sun's Temple itself...do you have the ability to check Togashi-sama?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:57 am

"It is possible..." her thoughts drifted. "Lady Sun would be sure to have some presence here. But, even if I'll speak of this to Yatsufusa, I think we should have the Emperor's blessings before we go poking around for this."

She was quite serious as she continued, "also, while we are acting with the best of intentions, Tengoku is not a place easily accessed. Even if a spiritwalker can reach it, there might be reprecussions. How my mother did it, I've no idea. The guardian dragons, they might act with wrath if they feel someone is trespassing into the most sacred of all realms."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:42 am

"Perhaps it is something to consider as a last resort, then." Hikaru said, his gaze once again shifting easily between the two. "If there is risk, I'd gladly take it, but I see no virtue in throwing my life away for no gain. They did let Lord Nanzi through once... but of course, I am not him." A definite wry twist of the lips at that.

He frowned. "Oh. I feel I should mention; I have not shared all of this with members of my own clan, even. I know that you would speak carelessly, but if any others approach you..." His lips pressed together. "Tell them nothing unless it is confirmed from my own lips. Please. It may be more than propriety that depends on silence."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Ayano raised a brow but nodded, "Very well Doji-san, I will speak of it only with you, Togashi-sama, and any other you deem need to hear it and only if they are named from your own lips."

She sighs, "At least here...I might be obligated to inform my mother of these developments, she is ever concerned with any sort of threat to the Lion and Empire."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:39 am

Hikaru turned his gaze on Ayano. "If you must." He said. "I do understand duty, of course."

He sighed. "Well. There is nothing to be done until the snow melts anyway. I suppose I will use the time I have here to study the issue as best I can."