Research! [D1, LA]

Isawa Kyosei

Research! [D1, LA]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:39 am

He knew he should be preparing for the wedding, but he couldn't resist. He never could. Besides, he already had all the clothing and the gift ready. He approached and requested entry into the library annex.

He wasn't unknown here, always spending some time here whenever he visited the capitol. He looked around, then headed into a hallway he hadn't entered down before. It was always interesting to see what there was.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hisomu Fumi

Re: Research! [D1, LA]

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 am

Fumi searched through the library looking for scrolls relevant to her studies. There had to be something here. However, they wouldn't be easy to find. She wouldn't be able to ask just anyone. She picked out a few promising scrolls and books before heading to an unoccupied corner and sat reading with charcoal and parchment at ready for note taking.

((Roll in pf))
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:35 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 am
Fumi searched through the library looking for scrolls relevant to her studies. There had to be something here. However, they wouldn't be easy to find. She wouldn't be able to ask just anyone. She picked out a few promising scrolls and books before heading to an unoccupied corner and sat reading with charcoal and parchment at ready for note taking.

((Roll in pf))
What she finds are a log, mostly from the trip to rescue Hisomu, recording the various injuries sustained by those who went, from nicks and cuts to sword injuries, to, in one notable instance, a massive claw wound from a monster to Shinjo in Ki-Rin form.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:47 am

Fumi copies all she finds to her notes, making a spare copy of the information about Lady Shinjo.

Then comes the difficult part. Trying to figure out any deeper connections between the where on a person and the depth or type. She already knew in some places a shallow wound could be worse than a deeper one elsewhere.

(OOC: How many pieces of parchment am I down?
Lore:anatomy/intelligence spending a void 35)
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 am

Kyosei, in his wandering, noted the hard working scholar, and wandered over. He hadn't yet found anything of note, so decided to be helpful. He approached, and gave a short bow. "Good afternoon, scholar-san. May this one help you?"

He is wearing sturdy, but unexceptional clothing, save for the Isawa mon on one shoulder, and the Imperial one on the other.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:22 am

"Good afternoon, Imperial-sama." She appeared to struggle with recognizing the family mon. "This one is Hisomu Fumi of the Spider. I am just doing a bit of research on wounds. I am learning how certain injuries are best healed when no shugenja is present or if the kami are being fickle." She frowned, "it is perhaps not the most pleasant subject for polite company, but caring for people is of great importance."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:24 am

"Ah, Kyosei, of the Isawa. And, yes, I suppose it is. I mostly call upon the kami for what healing I have done, so couldn't answer. I wonder if knowing about the wounds would make a difference when I called on their favor?"

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:31 am

"Ah, that is specifically what I am studying, Kyosei-sama." She hoped she got that right. "Certain places seem to have bigger impact on the injured. I figure it might be better to be able to prioritize the severity of the wounded after a large battle." She figured that much was okay to share.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:36 am

"Hmm. Oh, I'm no sama. Just a regular scholar, I suppose. I do know there are areas that prevent or minimize healing. When I tried near the South Seal, it was nearly ineffective. One of the things I regret to this day."

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:53 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:47 am
Fumi copies all she finds to her notes, making a spare copy of the information about Lady Shinjo.

Then comes the difficult part. Trying to figure out any deeper connections between the where on a person and the depth or type. She already knew in some places a shallow wound could be worse than a deeper one elsewhere.

(OOC: How many pieces of parchment am I down?
Lore:anatomy/intelligence spending a void 35)
She's able to piece together quite a bit of information, enough to more effectively deal with wounds... or more effectively give them. [She's down 3 sheets]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:59 am

She pursed her lips and noted that fact, anyways. "I meant that there are places on the body that appear to bleed more or are more prone to permanent injury." She frowned, glad she ran into someone practical to share with not some prissy courtier.

"I trained a bit with Mai-san. I am trying to bring her back some knowledge that will help make a better armor to protect those areas, yet still be lightweight for mobility." She saw no harm in sharing that much. "Also being able to predict who is injured near a vulnerable area could make saving multiple people easier."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:57 pm

Moshi tries to connect with the kami to get a little assistance as she looks through the various scrolls in the library, trying to find topics that she could take a reading of just for herself for once. Sadly, the kami do not answer her call, instead letting her do things at her own pace for once.

D1 LA: Casting Wisdom and Clarity, 2 raises, TN 25: 7d10o10k3 23
(Forgot to write in Dutiful disciple +1k0, already included in the roll)
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:38 pm

Misaki doesn't have the opportunity to call on the kami for assistance, though the air kami seem to dance around her playfully. Even if she could, she wasn't here for any particular research or study, just looking through some interesting scrolls casually in the main room at a small table, stuff that was more local that she'd not be able to get back home.

(quote or PM if approaching)
Last edited by Doji Misaki on Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:59 am
She pursed her lips and noted that fact, anyways. "I meant that there are places on the body that appear to bleed more or are more prone to permanent injury." She frowned, glad she ran into someone practical to share with not some prissy courtier.

"I trained a bit with Mai-san. I am trying to bring her back some knowledge that will help make a better armor to protect those areas, yet still be lightweight for mobility." She saw no harm in sharing that much. "Also being able to predict who is injured near a vulnerable area could make saving multiple people easier."
"A worthy calling. I know that finger injuries, though ghastly looking, are rarely dangerous long term, if cared for slightly. The insides of the thighs, on the other hand, are an area I have seen what should have been a minor injury, a stone shard, hit and kill within seconds. Head wounds bleed large amounts, but as long as the wound is shallow, don't seem to be the worst. And... that is about the extent of what I know about wounds."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:08 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm
"A worthy calling. I know that finger injuries, though ghastly looking, are rarely dangerous long term, if cared for slightly. The insides of the thighs, on the other hand, are an area I have seen what should have been a minor injury, a stone shard, hit and kill within seconds. Head wounds bleed large amounts, but as long as the wound is shallow, don't seem to be the worst. And... that is about the extent of what I know about wounds."
"The sides of the neck, the inner thigh.... unfortunately, those are also difficult places to make good armor for. Wrist wounds can bleed a considerable amount to." She pointed along the inside of her wrist at two different spots. "Holding pressure on it and tying the arm really tight above the wound can really help that one."

She paused, "now a blunt wound on the back along the sides..." she gestured to her lower back on each side. "That area can cause extreme pain quite easily. However, patients should be watched for severe bruising, warm skin, sweating and complaints of blood in their urine. At that point, the best priests in the area need to get to work. It is of highest priority. I have seen it twice. Sadly, both times were students who had bokken cracked hard along their flanks."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:47 am

"Do you then suggest teachers should not strike lagging students to inspire them? Or perhaps be a bit more... careful with the strikes?"

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:02 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:47 am
"Do you then suggest teachers should not strike lagging students to inspire them? Or perhaps be a bit more... careful with the strikes?"
"I know at least in the one case, it was two young, rival students trying to best one another. I am sure every clan has a pair like that. A pair constantly teasing one another and attempting to impress their sensei all the more. In this case, it backfired. The one who struck immediately knew something was wrong and ran to get me and anyone else they knew who could heal. The damage didn't show up til the next day. His rival made it out just fine, though."
She frowned, "the other, well, yes... I agree with your sentiment. Some teachers are too harsh on their students, thinking the battlefield will not go easy on them. However, it can be a waste of resources to injure your Clan like that. Not to mention, utterly pointless." She shivered a bit and looked a bit distant.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:09 am

"Especially with the clan's small size. Many think the clan's large, compared to the size of the old tribes. I have spent much of the last 15 years traveling, and can guarantee, there is more out there than many think. And the Clan's are still small, compared to the land out there."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:59 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:09 am
"Especially with the clan's small size. Many think the clan's large, compared to the size of the old tribes. I have spent much of the last 15 years traveling, and can guarantee, there is more out there than many think. And the Clan's are still small, compared to the land out there."
Fumi's head cocked to the side slightly. "What have you encountered, Kyosei-san? Are these other cultures similar in terms of rivalries between individual members, close relations and individual aspirations? Or are they truly alien to our way of thinking?"
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:02 am

"The only one I have encountered that used to be of the size of the Empire is the Ratlings. And they are re-growing, but suffered greatly first. Mostly, it is smaller tribes, in small areas. But there are also areas that have no humans at all, only animals. Areas I was warned off of by flights of arrows from what looked like snakes with arms. Areas where the Cats seemed to be intelligent. Areas where those that might be related to the Ongaku still exist - and are angry. Areas where there is nothing but danger. Areas where the human tribes have disappeared from one year to the next, with no cause I could see."